The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang Roundup VIII , Sept. 14-16, 2018. Track Mustangs OnTrack!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Crazy George is also bringing back the fun and hilarious " King of the Hill," track portion within this major Mustang Event. On the Thursday session , for those that pre-register before Christmas , this wacky track competition will be run once again with a 1989 Enduro Stang. The magic technique puts driver skill above power by placing a block of wood under the gas pedal. Trust me, having won this event years back , it is a riot, as momentum, clean lines , and maybe a bit of borderline cheating , will prove out who is a top track pilot. Worth the price or admission and a great competition with bragging rights --- heh, you get to carve your name into a Clubhouse Table with a heat gun therefore you live on for posterity!!!

Last edited:
I didn't see "King of the Hill" on the schedule. When is that taking place? I'm already signed up so I guess I'll get a shot at being "King"...won't happen but sounds fun.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Mustang 5o....sign up early ( prior to Christmas ) so you get the free Thursday track time and King of the Hill participation will be part of the daily festivities !!

Last edited:
So the revival of the King of the Hill was just for my friend Mild Bill. Last time was 2011 and he turned a record lap time (haha) and signed the King table in the Clubhouse. To prove he actually did this I just went out and took a photo! It will be added to the schedule and this time the car will be a Mustang! Bill has his own special wood block for under the gas pedal. Bill is darn fast so be ready for the competition!
Schedule is also updated!
http://www.racemph.com/events/mustang-roundup/schedule/
Bill-P-King-of-the-Hill-MPH-05278.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dam fast George --- heck, now I am a beaver, ha,ha. Seriously the record will drop, as I was running a Chebby Coballed when I did that and I am sure a Stang will whip up on that time!!!!?? I likely will not run, since I am " Mild Bill ," now, and will just be a cheerleader for all my friends from TMO!!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well of course the GT 350 will need to play at the Mustang Roundup.......heck this year's event was the first and only event I got to run in the GT 350 ! Had to edit , since I had a customer in my office and my last sentence was both redundant and made no sense!

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel