The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 1/18 scale diecast models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will do. My GB started transit on Froday, 9/27. Will follow FedEX tracking website and advise upon receipt. My first "model" so i'll do what I can for assessing quality via this forum.

I received confirmation thursday that it was shipping, and it appeared on my doorstep today, so they shipped mine out with rush delivery :)

Everything is in great shape and I LOVE it! So everyone's backorder should be getting filled

WorldFamousZ said:
I received confirmation thursday that it was shipping, and it appeared on my doorstep today, so they shipped mine out with rush delivery :)

Everything is in great shape and I LOVE it! So everyone's backorder should be getting filled

Happy to hear it! :)

Fiddler49 said:
Happy to hear they're shipping. Haven't heard a darn thing about my order! :mad:

Did you receive a confirmation of your order after placing it? Did you get a follow-up email regarding the shipping delay? I received both.

One way or the other, if you don't hear something by early in the week I'd be contacting them to ask for an update.

GottaBoss said:
Did you receive a confirmation of your order after placing it? Did you get a follow-up email regarding the shipping delay? I received both.

One way or the other, if you don't hear something by early in the week I'd be contacting them to ask for an update.
Yep, got both emails. Sent an email yesterday after reading others already got theirs.

Pitt302 said:
I would like one, but Preformance White of course, maybe i can have it painted.

White...from another vendor. Unfortunately, still "coming soon"

http://www.diecastbymail.ca/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IOC&Product_Code=DC452&Category_Code=mfo

No hum..I await the cross country trek of my baby BOSS from CA to Massachusetts. I'm just thrilled they made a model of a color where only 429 were produced. Suggests the expect a lot of non-GB owners to get one..OR...each of us to get several!

In regards to the PW model from the Collector's Guild, this is the response I just received about the production of this item.

Hi,

They will definitely be produced! Right now the last update we had was that we should receive them early November. If you would like to place one on back order you can place the order on our website or give us a call @ 1-800-653-0251.

Just and FYI for other PW owner's like myself.

I just got mine. They look good. The only minor quibble is that the both cars look dirty inside the box. That's nothing on the vendor. Mine was shipped to Canada pretty quickly. As far as detail of the model goes, the color match is good even though it may not look like it my quick, iPhone photos done in direct sunlight. The tape stripe behind the rear wheel seems to extend farther than on the original. Again, a trivial note. Overall, I am very happy and they are worth every penny to me.

Don't mind all the little lines and shadows, it's just the shadows through the plastic in direct sunlight. The painted finish is nice and the detail on the stripes is really good.

B2C1-07B3AF833CA1-494-000000DAD63EF48F_zpsf242df1d.png

821B-E20C39C5EA84-494-000000DAC7096FEB_zps9e1e632d.png

I received mine today. Although I'm not a diecast model aficionado here are my observations.

The overall look of the model is very good. The important stuff like proportions, color, stripes, spoiler and splitter, etc. all look right.

Workmanship is pretty good. One of the rear wheels on mine sticks out beyond fender (biggest problem) while the other is okay - so definitely not perfect. Also noticed some shiny spots on otherwise flat hood stripe and a couple of very small paint chips.

Stuff works. Hood, trunk and doors open, rear wheels turn, front wheels turn with steering wheel (pretty good anyway). The engine compartment looks good with a lot of detail - even the sound tube - I wonder if there's a delete kit available for the model. :)

Some of the little details are not right but probably only a Boss owner would notice - rear center truck panel is flat black instead of shiny, center of taillights are too big and painted silver, seats have snake logo instead of 'Boss 302' stitching, shifter ball is white, front brake rotors are too small, etc.

Overall I'd give it a B-. I think it's worth the price.

Oh, and the box says that it is a 'Shelby Collectibles' brand.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel