The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post Whoring 7 - 2020

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ChrisM, Cherish your time with your daughter!!! Everybody says "they grow up so fast". I never paid that no mind when my Son was growing up. but in the blink of an eye, he's a 27 yr old man now....................................................................

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
ChrisM, Cherish your time with your daughter!!! Everybody says "they grow up so fast". I never paid that no mind when my Son was growing up. but in the blink of an eye, he's a 27 yr old man now....................................................................
My daughters are 10 and 13 right now. I know I'm going to look up from my monitor one day and wonder what happened to the time.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
One thing I really like about Japan is that they are big on reusing things. They've got a chain of stores called "Hard Off" (and I just realized why they're called that while typing this) that have several different branches...Hard Off is the "everything" store. They have Hobby Off for...hobbies, Mode Off for clothes, and a few others. You can go to these stores and find second-hand everything. Golf clubs, toys, decorations, plates, you name it, they've probably got it. I mean everything. Cameras from decades ago. Some of the stores are like time machines. The nice thing about the Japanese is that they really take care of their stuff too, so when they take it to these stores the items are already in good condition and each of the stores usually has employees who spend their time repairing and cleaning stuff before putting it on the shelves, so you can get some really quality stuff for much cheaper than new. We find lots of great gifts and things to use.

One of my other hobbies is keeping planted aquariums. I have a couple cheap framed fish tanks but I've always wanted a quality all-glass tank with no frames. Well, today the wife and I were browsing a new Hard Off and I could not believe it...I found the exact tank I've wanted for $10. These tanks are normally hundreds of dollars and I got it for $10 freaking dollars. Just needs some TLC to clean off lime stains but it's otherwise in great shape. So stoked. I'm really going to miss some things about this place when we finally leave.

Current framed tank:
IMG_20200621_183013.jpg

New tank being checked for leaks (there aren't any of course. The Japanese would never sell a leaky tank, even used).
IMG_20200627_164414.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
My time with Japanese taught me many things, off the top of my head I’d have to say:

Be in harmony with your environment.

Continuous improvement in all things.

Good people.

One thing I really like about Japan is that they are big on reusing things. They've got a chain of stores called "Hard Off" (and I just realized why they're called that while typing this) that have several different branches...Hard Off is the "everything" store. They have Hobby Off for...hobbies, Mode Off for clothes, and a few others. You can go to these stores and find second-hand everything. Golf clubs, toys, decorations, plates, you name it, they've probably got it. I mean everything. Cameras from decades ago. Some of the stores are like time machines. The nice thing about the Japanese is that they really take care of their stuff too, so when they take it to these stores the items are already in good condition and each of the stores usually has employees who spend their time repairing and cleaning stuff before putting it on the shelves, so you can get some really quality stuff for much cheaper than new. We find lots of great gifts and things to use.

One of my other hobbies is keeping planted aquariums. I have a couple cheap framed fish tanks but I've always wanted a quality all-glass tank with no frames. Well, today the wife and I were browsing a new Hard Off and I could not believe it...I found the exact tank I've wanted for $10. These tanks are normally hundreds of dollars and I got it for $10 freaking dollars. Just needs some TLC to clean off lime stains but it's otherwise in great shape. So stoked. I'm really going to miss some things about this place when we finally leave.

Current framed tank:
View attachment 17908

New tank being checked for leaks (there aren't any of course. The Japanese would never sell a leaky tank, even used).
View attachment 17909
For $10 bucks, I could that thing in the back yard during the dog days of summer.....:D

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Anyone have a suggestion for a long term battery tender? The storage unit where it's currently at automatically shuts off the power after 30 minutes.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Anyone have a suggestion for a long term battery tender? The storage unit where it's currently at automatically shuts off the power after 30 minutes.
Look at Noco. I like that they go right back to the same charge mode if there’s a power outage after the power is restored.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I know we have some Elon Musk fans in here...does he have a book? I'm curious to learn more about his goals and aspirations from the guy himself, especially as it relates to SpaceX.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I don’t know about a book. Interested if you find a good one.

But my understanding is the main goal for SpaceX is to go to Mars.

My main interest in them is in the engine tech.

Many wives are suspicious of this thread with its title...posters beware....could be why there's not that much activity here anymore...I keep my Hon busy in the kitchen when I'm here......I may have to check for food poisoning down the road........................

Another Commentary in today's paper..."Nomads taking over the green"...The writer couldn't find an empty bench on the town green to enjoy his lunch because the homeless people were all there. Where else they gonna go.???? In your back yard???...I doubt it!!!..They used to have shelters to go to, but those have all closed because of covid...covid is delivering a slow death to many who don't even have it.................and many who do have it!!!...Still gotta find that rant and rave support group..................with the presidential election around the corner this may become more than I want to handle.....Biden taking horse riding lessons since the post office is switching to horse delivery.Trump had nothing to do with this.....................He insists Prompt mail delivery is on the top of his agenda!...you can't make this stuff up if you tried!!!

Last edited:
My old pal Rodney is helping the Post Office with their Anticipated rush during the upcoming election debacle...He bought a bike with a basket in front to help out...He says the training wheels will come off soon................

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel