The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear Deck "Boss 302" Graphic Installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MakeMyDay said:
Still like Bob White decal more than this. Take a look at Boss2511's PW Boss with this decal. It's awesome. It blends in with the vehicle so well. In addition Bob White decal doesn't become a problem when you wax your vehicle. Jeff's decal will collect wax, fade, and whiten with time.

Do you have a link to the specific decal you're talking about?

This is all I found:
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/2012Boss302Current.html

None of them compare IMHO, and this would have been what Ford did had there been a 1971, but to each his own! ;D I'll keep you updated on my wax and fading though! ;)

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
JeffIsHereToo said:
MakeMyDay said:
Still like Bob White decal more than this. Take a look at Boss2511's PW Boss with this decal. It's awesome. It blends in with the vehicle so well. In addition Bob White decal doesn't become a problem when you wax your vehicle. Jeff's decal will collect wax, fade, and whiten with time.

This is all I found:

None of them compare IMHO, and this would have been what Ford did had there been a 1971, but to each his own! ;D I'll keep you updated on my wax and fading though! ;)
I'll see if I can track it down.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
Here is Justin's (boss2511) Boss with the third brake light decal which will be a lot easier to maintain. I just really like the look too.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/398292_375768309122413_100000677422918_1199190_1247942006_n.jpg

I really like this...just can't live with paying $30.00 for a decal...if it was 10 - 15 bucks delivered, I'd buy one. Looks really good!

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
batman48195 said:
I went there. $9.75 shipping for a decal?

Brian

That is some bitchin' decal! Must be made of the heaviest material known to man, and packed in silk!

Here is my version of the trunk lid decal. Eurostile bold at 15 inches long. Not sure if I like the full block letter or if the outline letter would look better. Not sure about the length either. Color is gloss black. He had matte black but not in the same shade as the tail light panel. My vinyl guy makes them up for $10.

scaled.php

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
JeffIsHereToo said:
MakeMyDay said:

This is all I found:

you can buy it here
half way down the page. or you can click this.
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/Products/2012Products/BOSS3022012Current.html
398292_375768309122413_100000677422918_1199190_1247942006_n.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Did my rear axle lube change today and the a wash and spray wax. Took some pics of the rear logo.
014.jpg
006.jpg
009.jpg
013.jpg
010.jpg
012.jpg

Just watched the MGW videos, Next!
Getting the car and driver prepped for VIR on Memorial Day weekend, changing the trans fluid and hopefully getting the shifter changed before then. Lots of iRacing laps of VIR to get a feel for the line and flow of the track.
Steve

steveespo said:
Did my rear axle lube change today and the a wash and spray wax. Took some pics of the rear logo.
Just watched the MGW videos, Next!
Getting the car and driver prepped for VIR on Memorial Day weekend, changing the trans fluid and hopefully getting the shifter changed before then. Lots of iRacing laps of VIR to get a feel for the line and flow of the track.
Steve

Looks great Steve!

Hey are you having issues on the track getting into 5th? I and some others have, and one swapped in the MGW shifter, and founf it didn't help at all. Just wondered if you were seeing the same.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
No I actually don't have any clutch hold out or shifting issues, but the shifter is a little rubbery feeling. after watching the MGW videos and seeing all the posts I added it to my mod list and ordered one. The bearings, solid housing, rear support and reverse detent details sold me on the potential improvements.
Steve

steveespo said:
No I actually don't have any clutch hold out or shifting issues, but the shifter is a little rubbery feeling. after watching the MGW videos and seeing all the posts I added it to my mod list and ordered one. The bearings, solid housing, rear support and reverse detent details sold me on the potential improvements.
Steve

Thanks! Love hijacking my own thread! :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BossJockey said:
Looking good Steve. :eek:

On a side note, I order some decals from Bob White 7 day ago but have not got them yet. Is this typical?
no its not typical unless you live really far away. give him a call or email him to see whats up

He emailed me on 4/26 said he had back order on vinyl, and it would be in within 7 business days. I ordered a couple of comp. orange decals, and he confirmed order with that note. Should be getting close. CALL HIM , HE IS SUPER, and sells quality items.

LING952 said:
He emailed me on 4/26 said he had back order on vinyl, and it would be in within 7 business days. I ordered a couple of comp. orange decals, and he confirmed order with that note. Should be getting close. CALL HIM , HE IS SUPER, and sells quality items.

Okay, they came today. Is the competition orange a new color? I didn't see that choice when I order mine.

TMO Supporting Vendors