The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Riots in DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
For me, the left and the right can do whatever they want, short of messing with the constitution. Adding to, maybe OK also. Throw term limits for congress at me as an amendment, I'll vote for it. Try to remove or modify what is already written, not a good idea.
Taking up arms in the street just won't work. Seen it tried and the folks who stand up are usually crushed by others with similar views. Talk about irony. Something to think about.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
For me, the left and the right can do whatever they want, short of messing with the constitution. Adding to, maybe OK also. Throw term limits for congress at me as an amendment, I'll vote for it. Try to remove or modify what is already written, not a good idea.
Taking up arms in the street just won't work. Seen it tried and the folks who stand up are usually crushed by others with similar views. Talk about irony. Something to think about.
I don't condone violence and would not encourage nor participate in it....but I'm telling you, there are a lot of people who do and they feel justified. Whats happened to our country by the left and the media and big tech is nothing short of treason and to put a fine point on it, either you get it or you don't. The double speak of the left is pure BS and people are sick of it. I would not be surprised to see it boil over.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I look at the same problem differently. Trying to force solutions which polarize folks when you have a majority only energizes the opposition. Gay marriage, Obama Care, massive giveaways, subsidising industry which supports urban folks, demonizing religion....the list goes on. Single party governments usually fail to satisfy their constituents as well as the opposition. Why? Those left out, feel under represented get involved and force change. Those who support the one party government are never satisfied. Have parity or the perception of parity and things move along slowly usually with buy in from the vast majority. How do we get back there?? Usually through failure. Remember Jimmie Carter??

The guy in the picture or our government??
Wonder why Google keeps trying to spell check the word "tyme"?
The guy in the picture and our government are not that much different.....altho, the guy with the horns doesn't steal money out of your pocket any chance he gets...google better start visiting TMO to find out what Tyme is all about!!!..................Have a Great Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...this riot thrd is lasting longer than I ever thought it would.......

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Civil unrest and civil war are two entirely different things. I think what we're dealing with here is unrest. There are too many of us in the middle of this to equate to complete division. Things could change but I don't believe we are anywhere near the point of a civil war. In the grand scheme of things, those who riot are insignificant in numbers. It's the fourth estate that makes it bigger than it really is. Yes, making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Civil unrest and civil war are two entirely different things. I think what we're dealing with here is unrest. There are too many of us in the middle of this to equate to complete division. Things could change but I don't believe we are anywhere near the point of a civil war. In the grand scheme of things, those who riot are insignificant in numbers. It's the fourth estate that makes it bigger than it really is. Yes, making a mountain out of a mole hill.
I think civil war becomes a reality when everyone in the middle starts getting attacked constantly for not choosing a side, they become the target of violence, and their voices are completely removed from the conversations altogether. Those who want to incite chaos and tear it all down in the name of ideology can't have people in the middle creating and maintaining bridges between the the polar opposite ends of the spectrum. When/if being a centrist is considered dangerous you'll know for sure that war is imminent. Until then, I think there's still hope. But then again I've been an optimist for much of my life so don't listen to me.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I think everyone who wanted to share their thoughts on this topic here has done so by now, with 12 pages and over 200 replies - I'm thinking it's a good tyme to wind it down and close it up so we can return to our regularly scheduled programming. I wanted to leave it open for a while to give everyone a chance to chime in if they wanted to, even though we don't normally allow these types of discussions in the forum. Thanks to everyone for keeping it civil and apologies to those who didn't agree with my decision to leave it open.

If you want to offer some public feedback for anything having to do with the site moderation, you can do so here:

If you want to PM me about it, you can certainly do that too.

Hope to have some news on upcoming features and cool stuff coming to the site soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors