The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Riots in DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Tyme = Archaic spelling of time. (noun)

And those who know me, I'm old. Like in Codger.

I was driving my Boss on an organized Mustang drive in the Rocky Mountains once when my buddy's dad asked if I'd take him on the ride. He got in the passenger seat, smiled and said "Just two old codgers out for a drive."
I looked at him and asked "When did I become a codger?"
He was 68 and I was 61 at the tyme. I guess because I was a friend of his son, I never realized how close in age I was to his father. I suppose once you become a codger, you've earned the right to spell tyme archaically.

There is actually a more in-depth reason why I've always spelled it that way but I won't waste the space here.

PS: I really hope tomorrow turns out to be just another day in the good old day in U.S.A.
I just have one question....were you going to Scarborough fair?

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
What it looks like to me and a lot of other people is that the event was staged. Antifa members are the ones who initially broke through the gates and were apparently led into chambers for a photo op with CNN to promote an agenda.
I'm not surprised people are subscribing to that theory. I think we all knew some were going to arrive at that conclusion and be fully convinced of it no matter what. It was too predictable given how easy it is to make a case for any conclusion you want to come to these days. Remember 9/11 and any other significant event in the past 20 years? There will always be convenient ways to frame an event based on a particular world view. I just don't like how it absolves the non-Antifa bad actors of their criminal actions. Blaming it on a group tends to diminish individual responsibility, which isn't something I think we should do.

Everyone is seeing much of the same evidence and coming to different conclusions based on whatever rabbit holes they're more prone to go down. The authorities have tons of video footage and social media posts to sift through to help identify the bad actors and even determine premeditation and intent. The courts will take it from there and people will hopefully be punished for any and all criminal actions. Everything else is just going to be noise and entertainment for all the propaganda machines out there, if you enjoy that type of entertainment.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm not surprised people are subscribing to that theory. I think we all knew some were going to arrive at that conclusion and be fully convinced of it no matter what. It was too predictable given how easy it is to make a case for any conclusion you want to come to these days. Remember 9/11 and any other significant event in the past 20 years? There will always be convenient ways to frame an event based on a particular world view. I just don't like how it absolves the non-Antifa bad actors of their criminal actions. Blaming it on a group tends to diminish individual responsibility, which isn't something I think we should do.

Everyone is seeing much of the same evidence and coming to different conclusions based on whatever rabbit holes they're more prone to go down. The authorities have tons of video footage and social media posts to sift through to help identify the bad actors and even determine premeditation and intent. The courts will take it from there and people will hopefully be punished for any and all criminal actions. Everything else is just going to be noise and entertainment for all the propaganda machines out there, if you enjoy that type of entertainment.
I guess I'd have to call it "A mostly peaceful protest"
Meanwhile a few months ago whole cities were burning down and left wing officials were actively encouraging it....not taken out of context or anything else....flat said that it was just property damage and therefor okay. I can look up all those quotes, most of us saw them on live TV and know what the truth is. This is not opinion or anything other than provable fact. It happened. Multiple government officials said they should continue rioting and not let up. The hypocrisy is deafening and minimizing it is just insulting.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Let me ask you this....how do you think that video went in real time? Cops sure didn't look too bothered by them being in there filming it....if it was really so violent and crazy how could you explain this?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Few few knuckleheads does not a movement make. Accusations, counter accusations, disinformation...... All blurred. Arrest and try those involved, done. Move on.
yeah, move on nothing to see here....

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
how could you explain this?
I'm sure someone could explain it, and countless others could explain it another way. For me, it's not worth the time to try and figure out who's right about what - not with all the polarization swirling about. Too many opportunities to get distracted from the responsibilities I have to attend to. Be my guest and entertain whatever theory you like, I won't fault you for it. The world is far too cynical these days for my taste.

For what it's worth, I didn't mean to insult anyone, but then again, it doesn't really matter where you land on it, you're likely to insult/offend someone even if you don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. If the mere act of having a different opinion is insulting, there is no possible way to have a reasonable discussion is there? Let alone a constructive one. If we're at that point, does it make sense to keep this thread open?

Again, the authorities have tons of video footage and social media posts to sift through to help identify the bad actors and even determine premeditation and intent. The courts will take it from there and people will hopefully be punished for any and all criminal actions.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
I'm sure someone could explain it, and countless others could explain it another way. For me, it's not worth the time to try and figure out who's right about what - not with all the polarization swirling about. Too many opportunities to get distracted from the responsibilities I have to attend to. Be my guest and entertain whatever theory you like, I won't fault you for it. The world is far too cynical these days for my taste.

For what it's worth, I didn't mean to insult anyone, but then again, it doesn't really matter where you land on it, you're likely to insult/offend someone even if you don't have a strong opinion one way or the other. If the mere act of having a different opinion is insulting, there is no possible way to have a reasonable discussion is there? Let alone a constructive one. If we're at that point, does it make sense to keep this thread open?
There's opinions and then there's facts...when one gets those two reversed there's going to be some PO'd people, and we have a lot of them right now. The BS that's been going on is beyond acceptable and any excuse to minimize it is just inflammatory. I don't think people realize how close we are to having a civil war. I don't want that, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it happens. You can't just continually dump a bunch of crap on a major group of people and expect them to take it forever.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
There's opinions and then there's facts...when one gets those two reversed there's going to be some PO'd people, and we have a lot of them right now. The BS that's been going on is beyond acceptable and any excuse to minimize it is just inflammatory. I don't think people realize how close we are to having a civil war. I don't want that, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it happens. You can't just continually dump a bunch of crap on a major group of people and expect them to take it forever.
Consider for a minute that the theory of Antifa being responsible for this riot is completely false - just consider it for a second. How would you go about convincing anyone who is convinced of it that it's not true? How could you?

On the flip side, if you are a liberal and found out that it was not actually a crowd of rowdy conservatives, how would you convince your liberal friends of that?

I think it's impossible given the partisan climate. It would be unfortunate if more people didn't realize this and we did end up in a civil war, as I don't think that would achieve what people think it will either, except completely destroying our society and destabilizing the world. I'm sure some would find a way to benefit from it though. Chaos always breeds opportunities, at the expense of the average people.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Well, I guess I am happy to be far away from the USA at the moment. We had our social unrest here in Chile recently and the wild eyed people to the Left and Right of me were calling for revolution and blood in the streets for all the terrible things that where been done to them. It was way worse then what you guys have had..... In the end, looks like the sane people managed to survive all the BS and get things going down the middle so far..... One can always hope! So far, so good. Let the courts sort out the mess, if you break into the Congress to change an outcome, or burn a city block, either one has lost the right to be free.. Lock them up. Be they loonies from what ever party.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Consider for a minute that the theory of Antifa being responsible for this riot is completely false - just consider it for a second. How would you go about convincing anyone who is convinced of it that it's not true? How could you?

On the flip side, if you area a liberal and found out that it was not actually a crowd of rowdy conservatives, how would you convince your liberal friends of that?

I think it's impossible given the partisan climate. It would be unfortunate if more people didn't realize this and we did end up in a civil war, as I don't think that would achieve what people think it will either, except completely destroying our society and destabilizing the world. I'm sure some would find a way to benefit from it though. Chaos always breeds opportunities, at the expense of the average people.
I've heard this same line of logic over and over on topic after topic and in every single case it was BS and I'm sick of it.
A lot of people are. The writing is on the wall here and if you choose not to see it you do so at your own peril.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I've heard this same line of logic over and over on topic after topic and in every single case it was BS and I'm sick of it.
A lot of people are. The writing is on the wall here and if you choose not to see it you do so at your own peril.
So you're convinced there will be a civil war? I'm still hopeful cooler heads will prevail and we will be able to prevent it.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Boy, the Russians and Chinese are just loving all this. Better then anything they could ever dream up. Probably getting popcorn and waiting for the show.

But still refuse to believe that the US would have a Civil war over something so cheesy as Trump. Just cannot be true.

Pretty sure we will be going into a long recovery mode for the next decade. Lets just hurry up with the dam vaccine, Yes... Covid does exist.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So you're convinced there will be a civil war? I'm still hopeful cooler heads will prevail and we will be able to prevent it.
I'm convinced its possible. Its easy for some to call for cooler heads when they themselves are doing the injustice.

"Here, let me just totally screw you over and then when you get justifiably angry I'll just tell you to let cooler heads prevail...in other words shut up and take it."

Yeah....no.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Boy, the Russians and Chinese are just loving all this. Better then anything they could ever dream up. Probably getting popcorn and waiting for the show.

But still refuse to believe that the US would have a Civil war over something so cheesy as Trump. Just cannot be true.

Pretty sure we will be going into a long recovery mode for the next decade. Lets just hurry up with the dam vaccine, Yes... Covid does exist.
Its much bigger than just about Trump....much bigger.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I'm convinced its possible. Its easy for some to call for cooler heads when they themselves are doing the injustice.

"Here, let me just totally screw you over and then when you get justifiably angry I'll just tell you to let cooler heads prevail...in other words shut up and take it."

Yeah....no.
Maybe. I don't see myself as doing the injustice, so hopefully I'm able to call for cooler heads for the sake of my own kids without someone thinking I'm screwing them over.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Maybe. I don't see myself as doing the injustice, so hopefully I'm able to call for cooler heads for the sake of my own kids without someone thinking I'm screwing them over.
That wasn't directed specifically at you, just a general sentiment but you brought it into the conversation.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
If one looks at the logic....the US is really no where near a REAL civil war. The right does not have the numbers and a significant number of them would put country in before politics. Yes, lots of things are wrong and suck, but shooting your neighbor is such a mid blowing serious thing, that I can not comprehend that you guys are any where near that.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
If one looks at the logic....the US is really no where near a REAL civil war. The right does not have the numbers and a significant number of them would put country in before politics. Yes, lots of things are wrong and suck, but shooting your neighbor is such a mid blowing serious thing, that I can not comprehend that you guys are any where near that.
That's what the British said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors