The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Riots in DC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I think you can apply the same to politics. The access to information today is so much different that even twenty years ago and the divide could have been the same as today but not shoved down your throat like it is today.
I think your example works great for politics. The tech is somewhat driving the divide. Sure it was there before.

Not quite sure how it compares to the tech of measuring historical atmospheric measurements or guesstimates. What would Vesuvians say if the eruption was called a 100-year volcanic event?

Grant 302

Since there have been many since but none with the magnitude of the 79 AD eruption. The claim of a 100-year volcanic event would have been an exaggeration. Seems like par for the course when it comes to the media.

Right. So best we can guesstimate now is 2,000-year plus event. But maybe it was a 10,000, 100,000 or 1,000,000+ year event.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
No demand for compromise.

I'll be honest, I have no interest in compromise. The compromise is usually "with or without lube?" Either way, I'm getting screwed. I've got no interest in compromising with people who's (whose?) only interest is to @#$% me over, regardless of political party.

Reasonable discussions about the merits of certain policies I can do all day. Those seem to have gone out the window, however, in favor of "DO WHAT I SAY OR ELSE."

Last edited:

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Should read "do what you can to help"..don't hold your breath for that to take hold....we live in a crazy world these days..............I hope covid goes away this year....
Sorry Bob,

DO WHAT YOU CAN TO HELP, OR ELSE.

It's like a pack of lions arguing over how to eat the gazelle while the gazelle says "I'd prefer not to be eaten at all!"

Meanwhile, the herd of zebras is shouting at the gazelle saying "come on man! They're offering you a compromise! Just take it!" without realizing they're next on the menu.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hmmm.... I dutifully read the link till I got to this part......

President Trump was impeached yesterday because he allegedly incited the protests. Thus far, there is infinitely more evidence that the Black Lives Matter-supporting member of Insurgence USA instigated whatever violence may have transpired.

Guess I am a old fashioned conservative, ...If some idiot wants to cause a voilent rally for what ever reason, then the law should take them down, be it with batons or rubber bullits. What ever works.,. What ever side of the politcal divide they come from. The guy mentioned in the article looks like he needs mental health support ASAP and a padded cell. But to blame BLM for instigating whatever violence may have happened on the 6th is just tooo far a stretch.

I guess this is a example of a ...alternative fact?? Another word for BS.

Grant 302

I'll be honest, I have no interest in compromise.
This is why we have the swings I mentioned earlier. People in the middle have few choices for candidates who will work with the other side. This causes independents to shift and vote against the incumbents regardless of the party.

You’re a Dad now. You’re already learning about compromise, like it or not. 😉

Area from here to D.C.on high.alert for protests and possible vilolence til at least 3 days after Mr Biden takes over....Even our Ct Capitol is taking precausions....trump don't care, he'll be playing golf in Florida on Wednesday..his new refuge...those capitol rioters will be too scared to try anything in DC this coming week...............Police will be taking no prisoners!!!!!....Sad to see it come to this................................

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Apparently, that guy's pretty well known. And now he's being portrayed as a double agent undercover actor. The speculation is only going to continue to get more bizarre on both sides as more tyme passes.

I've listened to some thought provoking takes on it all, some full of conspiracy theories, others not so much. I think it's time to start paying attention to how we have discussions in general, and pay closer attention to the points we interject and put more thought into whether or not certain points should be made in each discussion. There's a tendency to try and reference every other situation out there (that we are also outraged by or in support of), or make a point from another related situation, that though it might be true, is not helpful or has little bearing on the discussion at hand, and thus, doesn't end up being constructive for discourse. It's almost as if we, as a nation, need to relearn how to approach discourse in order to have a constructive discussion.

Wonder why Google keeps trying to spell check the word "tyme"? :)

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Apparently, that guy's pretty well known. And now he's being portrayed as a double agent undercover actor. The speculation is only going to continue to get more bizarre on both sides as more tyme passes.

I've listened to some thought provoking takes on it all, some full of conspiracy theories, others not so much. I think it's time to start paying attention to how we have discussions in general, and pay closer attention to the points we interject and put more thought into whether or not certain points should be made in each discussion. There's a tendency to try and reference every other situation out there (that we are also outraged by or in support of), or make a point from another related situation, that though it might be true, is not helpful or has little bearing on the discussion at hand, and thus, doesn't end up being constructive for discourse. It's almost as if we, as a nation, need to relearn how to approach discourse in order to have a constructive discussion.

What it looks like to me and a lot of other people is that the event was staged. Antifa members are the ones who initially broke through the gates and were apparently led into chambers for a photo op with CNN to promote an agenda.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Tyme = Archaic spelling of time. (noun)

And those who know me, I'm old. Like in Codger.

I was driving my Boss on an organized Mustang drive in the Rocky Mountains once when my buddy's dad asked if I'd take him on the ride. He got in the passenger seat, smiled and said "Just two old codgers out for a drive."
I looked at him and asked "When did I become a codger?"
He was 68 and I was 61 at the tyme. I guess because I was a friend of his son, I never realized how close in age I was to his father. I suppose once you become a codger, you've earned the right to spell tyme archaically.

There is actually a more in-depth reason why I've always spelled it that way but I won't waste the space here.

PS: I really hope tomorrow turns out to be just another day in the good old day in U.S.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors