The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Second Quarter Boss Orders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks, guys. This is the most bang for the buck that I have ever driven. Ford has really set the bar with this one. IMO, it's just as good as the GT500 for about 15K less. Those side pipes really make it a stand out machine. I dropped it off for tinting and clear bra four hours ago. They are having trouble getting the hood right because the computer generated cutout for the GT doesn't work on the BOSS. their jaws dropped when they saw the car and then rebounded off the pavement when I cranked it up. There was no way I was going to leave them alone with it, so here I sit with my iPhone.

The latest update on mine is it "was released and put to await shipment on Jun-15-2011". The ETA has not changed and is still 6/26. Does anyone know what "await shipment" means? Is that the black hole of shipping?

5 DOT 0 said:
The latest update on mine is it "was released and put to await shipment on Jun-15-2011". The ETA has not changed and is still 6/26. Does anyone know what "await shipment" means? Is that the black hole of shipping?
Mine went to "awaiting shipment" the day before it left on a railcar, so I think this is a good sign.

I see it went there twice though. It went "awaiting shipment" a week earlier then was returned to plant for striping.....so it depends on whether you've been through the VPC yet.

cloud9 said:
Mine went to "awaiting shipment" the day before it left on a railcar, so I think this is a good sign.

I see it went there twice though. It went "awaiting shipment" a week earlier then was returned to plant for striping.....so it depends on whether you've been through the VPC yet.
Mine states Trim Line and not VPC. Are they the same thing? I'll remain optimistic until proven otherwise. ;D I read there is a hold on Boss cars but I asked Ford and they could not confirm the hold.

Not sure where the car is now Rick but to answer your question, trim line is the main factory where the car gets put together, not VPC. VPC is as you know where the stripes and build number get added but the car is generally complete after trim.

I don't remember exactly but mine said something like "in transit" twice - going to VPC and leaving the plant or awaiting transit forget the exact words but whatever it was it said it twice. VPC at the time was only 2 or 3 days and as you know the early cars then sat for a little while before hitting the rails.

My ETA came and went, when it was a week and a half old I got a new date. The car ended up at the dealer two days before the new date but at that point I knew it was on the train.

I confirmed my car is complete and is at area 51, I mean ramp 51 "the black hole", and is awaiting shipping. I'm not sure if they changed how they track the cars but no VPC on my update for me or a few others. Mine is just awaiting to be moved to ramp 5P and then out the door. My ETA was moved back to 6/30. I've been saying all along 7/2 but even that is not looking good. My ETA has moved from 6/18 to 6/26 to 6/30. It will need to be loaded by Monday to be here by 6/30.

My update history does not have a VPC on it, the car has shipped and has a rail car # that I am tracking. My update history had my car In Transit Ramp 51 on May 26, it was released awaiting shipment Autoalliance May 31, from there awaiting shipment ramp 5P until June 9, June 14 released by customer Flatrock (got my rail car number that day). Now tracking it on the rail. Original ETA June 14, now June 28 - I think it will make it.

MNG_BOSS302 said:
My update history does not have a VPC on it, the car has shipped and has a rail car # that I am tracking. My update history had my car In Transit Ramp 51 on May 26, it was released awaiting shipment Autoalliance May 31, from there awaiting shipment ramp 5P until June 9, June 14 released by customer Flatrock (got my rail car number that day). Now tracking it on the rail. Original ETA June 14, now June 28 - I think it will make it.
Thanks, I'm not sure why they sit at ramp 51 for so long. Anyway it appears Ford is no longer showing VPC on the history and this change must have been made in the past month or so. Good luck and I hope your Boss arrives early.

5 DOT 0 said:
Anyway it appears Ford is no longer showing VPC on the history and this change must have been made in the past month or so.
I did not write that well, what I was trying to say it ONLY said "in transit", nothing about VPC anywhere. Since it said it twice you can tell when it went there and then back to the factory to await transport.

5 DOT 0 said:
Boss2X, Mike what's the status of your Boss, do you have it yet???

Just got a revised ETA. It has been revised from 6/20 to 6/22. Car is at Ramp 51, awaiting shipment. I must have seen it yesterday, way in the back, LOL. I did make another run out to AAI. VPC didn't have as many cars waiting this time. I did find an area of the lot that had quite a few Bosses parked together near VPC, but not that close either. Maybe quarantined for quality inspection?? They were all by them selves. I'll post pictures later. One thing I did notice this time. It was the lack of Kona Blue cars. I only saw two of them this time. One near VPC with the other cars parked together and one waiting to ship. I could just see the white roof on it. (Sorry, 5 Dot 0, no good photo ops for a KB Boss this time)

Mike

Well my ls got put off again as far as delivery date. Last story from customer service at ford was dealership by june 15. Latest story is july 5 to 10. Right now its on a train somewhere. Must be the slowest train in world history. I am getting so disgusted by the constant lies and postponed delivery I am thinking of just selling the car when it comes in and never buying a ford again. The idiots in charge of shipping have ruined a great car with their bs.

bruno said:
Well my ls got put off again as far as delivery date. Last story from customer service at ford was dealership by june 15. Latest story is july 5 to 10. Right now its on a train somewhere. Must be the slowest train in world history. I am getting so disgusted by the constant lies and postponed delivery I am thinking of just selling the car when it comes in and never buying a ford again. The idiots in charge of shipping have ruined a great car with their bs.
Hey, Bruno. Depending on your dealer and also whatever is going on at Ford on any given week, there are certainly issues with effectively tracking shipment and nailing down delivery dates. The folks who got theirs first - First Quarter builds delivered in April - seem to have had good luck in following their cars from Flat Rock to the dealer's door. By the time we got to 2nd quarter builds, the tracking wasn't so accurate. Mine finally arrived almost three weeks after the first ETA date, and I've never learned why there was that delay. But, I can say with confidence that the wait is worth it. Owning one is the bomb.

TMO Supporting Vendors