The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black might be interesting. I've owned a couple of black cars before. Just say no to black, just say no to black...

attachment.jpg
attachment.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
The Black GT350 is stunning! But, you're right it's also a detail nightmare. Looking at the front grill I'm surprised to see the amount of grill area that is blocked off. Very noticeable on the Banner pic and on the Black GT 350.

Does anyone see this as a potential issue with cooling on the track? My guess is the air intake box inlet is blocked off to avoid snow blockage, etc? What are your thoughts?

Dave
302 Hi Pro

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
302 Hi Pro said:
The Black GT350 is stunning! But, you're right it's also a detail nightmare. Looking at the front grill I'm surprised to see the amount of grill area that is blocked off. Very noticeable on the Banner pic and on the Black GT 350.

Does anyone see this as a potential issue with cooling on the track? My guess is the air intake box inlet is blocked off to avoid snow blockage, etc? What are your thoughts?

Dave
302 Hi Pro

I guess it all depends upon how much air comes in below the bumper?

Yes, the black is Sweeeet. This coming from a guy who bought his first car detailing other cars. Last year I polished out my F-250 crewcab pickup....in black. 2 days with a buffer. Looks great when it looks great.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Does someone know how to make the liquid blue aftermarket because I just love blue cars and that's simply the prettiest blue I've ever seen.

It sure does look good. 8)
However, I would really like to see it in the natural daylight. Every shot that I have seen has been with a blue accent background or floor and lighting. Lets just say lighting has a huge impact on how colors respond.

ufnavy06 said:
Does someone know how to make the liquid blue aftermarket because I just love blue cars and that's simply the prettiest blue I've ever seen.

I felt the same way when I first saw it, and that was in print even. I'm sure the formula is a trade secret but I wouldn't be surprised if a master painter couldn't reproduce something close to it after seeing it in person.

That I was! I can't believe all those cars in one place...pretty crazy! AND one 918, P1, the laferrari, Enzo, and the pagani DROVE up. Wasn't expecting that. Was expecting trailer queens.

Edit: my pics kinda sucked, I used the wrong camera settings but that's what post processing is for. Trying to see if I can lighten them up a bit.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel