The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Track Key for the 2014 GT's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcmmotorsports

Resident Mental Patient
Jimmy Pribble said:
i-think-its-worth-about-tree-fiddy.jpg

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHA!

unrealford said:
Disagree, motor is definitely the heart, but it came with suspension. Of course anyone could do that with a GT. But watch any video review and they even say, it the best Mustang made, engine with the suspension is a perfectly matched combination

The suspension is good, but, as some trackers have mentioned, there is still tremendous body roll, and camber plates are a necessity. If CC plates and stiffer springs were stock, I would agree. Good to hear from you Johnny boy.

Grant 302 said:
I believe it is the most important thing...but I gotta disagree. Well, unless you'd pay me $43,575 for a new Boss engine ;) Then, I'd agree.
It's not just the price, it is the warranty, and Ford's pledge to cover the cost of a new engine after a couple years of running 5000-7000 rpm on the track. Anyone, myself included, that has had warranty work done will agree.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I'll admit I really don't care. The trackey was a nice novelty for me while I used it. Most owners of gts would be better off with the ford racing tune I would think as it actually gives you more power.

Tk can be had for around 220 from tousley and others and about 100 for labor install.

Bay Area
We'll guys, it's technology and we have to deal with it. Soon other manufacturers will do it and it will be better but on the bright side. We have boss 302s and
we have cool stripes.

I can not imagine how I will feel IF the 2015 base GT or even the V6 beats the current Boss 302 at the track

We will create another thread like this.

To be honest the Boss's exclusivity means ENGINE, period.

The engine is what I thank Ford for, otherwise, I am not impressed with "tighter" suspension system they put on it, I think they had to make it more track car than street one, the Boss was supposed to be a race car with a license plate, or at least give an option for people who can live a little more NVH than average Joe.
They could've done a lot to the suspension to impress.
So to me, the Boss means a great engine and may be higher resale value due to its name " Boss 302"

The E46 3 series was faster than the previous M3, etc etc. Ford would be crazy to put out a new GT with IRS that didn't crush the old car, including the Boss.

cosm3os said:
The E46 3 series was faster than the previous M3, etc etc. Ford would be crazy to put out a new GT with IRS that didn't crush the old car, including the Boss.

This is true, and other then liking the look of the new Mustang the IRS and lighter body makes me consider trading or selling my Boss for one.

I don't have the luxury of owning more then one car currently, it would of course come down to which car is the more fun, which I am sure the Boss will win out. I have never driven a RWD IRS car so all I know is the crude SRA. Might end up feeling too spoiled in the new Mustang.

I can't imagine looking into my garage and not seeing the masterpeice that is the BOSS. It may not be the fastest, most technological, or even best looking car out there, but man. There is an ora that the car gives off that just oozes "cool". It gives me that tingly feeling that I used to get when I would see a Mustang in a parking lot or on the road that I thought I could never afford. To me, this car is an experience just looking at it, then I fire it up and ooooooooohh, smiles for miles.
As some of you on this forum have shown, you can make this car keep up with or beat cars worth waaaaay more by just adding some aftermarket items. If you want to sell your peice of history because Ford did to a new model what alot of you did or will do to your BOSS, go ahead, we'll see how happy you are about it after the newness wares off of your "15. If you don't miss your BOSS, then you just don't get it. To each his own i guess.

Jason said:
As some of you on this forum have shown, you can make this car keep up with or beat cars worth waaaaay more by just adding some aftermarket items. If you want to sell your peice of history because Ford did to a new model what alot of you did or will do to your BOSS, go ahead, we'll see how happy you are about it after the newness wares off of your "15. If you don't miss your BOSS, then you just don't get it. To each his own i guess.
Lol, I am sorry but the new Boss IMO is not a piece of history, and the uniqueness of the Boss has worn off for me. In no way is anything on the car special. The front splitter is on the CS, the brakes are the same on the Brembo and Track Packs, the decal can be bought. I am perfectly fine with the car but I could have bought a GT and made it just as quick with half the pretension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel