The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

TracKey is here! Those that are installing - please post!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GA
jlmust said:
Gas here in Cornwall, Ontario. Canada is
$125.9 per liter or $5.70 per imperial gallon for Reg 87 octane
$135.9 per liter or $6.17 per imperial gallon for super 91 octane

How were you guys going to send us cheap gas through a pipeline? ;)

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Seems like I get around 12 mph versus maybe 13.5 so a little worse but neither is great ;D

I notice a higher idle at least early on, but I think once it warms up completely it seems to settle around the black key idle rate.

Haven't tried it yet.......
Ditto. I just filled up my Boss at $4.29 a gallon. This Summer is going to be painful at the pump. :mad:

Yeah, you guys in Kalifornia are always leading the way on energy prices. I paid 4.08 for 93 octane yesterday. The weekend before that I paid 3.87.

Hey guys I should be slapped for going OT. I'll start another thread where we can biznitch and complain about gas prices. ;) So please hold your comments for now.

New thread.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/the-paddock/gas-prices-poll-and-complaint-thread/

I purchased my Boss back in June, did the proper braken in and waiting until the vehicle had 1,900 miles before installing the Trackey. The Trackey does make the vehicle more responsive, but with that said I wouldn't recomend installing it. American Muscle has an after market tune that with some minor mod's will increase the Hp to over the entire torque curve. The Trackey will not increase hp and once installed you can not make any other mod's to your car. American Muscle was able to do this by only making the folliwng changes. A cold air intake, changing the throttle body, long tube headers and a Magno Flow exhuast which will allow you to keep you side pipes as well. Very disappointing that Ford's Trackey can not complete with after market tunes! I sure hope that Ford steps up to the plate and offers an upgrade to the Trackey for owners who want just a little more to compete with the 2012 Camaro SS with tunes and minor mod's.

Matt, if you followed the Boss from the very beginning you should have known that Ford had stated all along that the Trackey would not add any extra hp to the Boss. They were very clear on this and it was posted on more than one of the forums numerous times by several forum members.

Got my EO sticker in the mail today. I don't know why, but I was expecting something a little cooler. I might have to doodle a Prius on it with an unamused driver.

ArizonaGT said:

:D I like it.

Idle question. Does everybody idle sound like this. It seems to sound better in the car than outside but just curious if anybodies is any rougher? I've tried the relearn of the cam home position thing, but there was no change.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnjrtLAEk8Y&context=C3a74cefADOEgsToPDskLLOGgLGrPz-bK4_qlM2Gph[/youtube]

Hard to tell from the video, but I know mine is pretty mellow most of the time. If the car is really warm, it seems to get more aggressive. If I am just cruising around, it is pretty mellow. Though it never gets too lumpy, it is more like it is idling and every 1/2 second or so it remembers to shake. Have you run it hard since you installed TK?

Mine is about the same as your vid now. Sometimes it does the shake a little more then other times. Right after I had the crank re-learn done I was at a Daytona HPDE and the idle was working nice, shaking the car like the Miller Boss Track Attack I drove. Since then it has calmed down quite a bit. I was told it may have something to do with mixing gas of different octanes (which I do at different track depending on what I can get) but others that use the same octane gas seem to have about the same idle as me.

It is weird that with the same production cars and same tune the idle varies wildly ???

I seem to be defending Ford a lot here, but it doesn't really surprise me given experience with other cars. Especially considering differences in heat, humidity, regional gas etc.

CaliMR said:
Though it never gets too lumpy, it is more like it is idling and every 1/2 second or so it remembers to shake. Have you run it hard since you installed TK?

Mine will shake every now an again, then smooths right out. It's like the tune and the O2 sensors (A/F ratio) are fighting each other. As far as running hard, it has been run some what aggressive. There really is no place near my house that I feel comfortable to drive like I was on a closed course.

I wouldn't drive like that on the street either, but I if you rev it out a bit that would probably be enough. Mine doesn't constantly jump, it is every 1/2 second or so and it is a lot less unless it is nice and warm.

HI Guys !

Just picked up my new CO Boss on Tuesday. Recaro/Mats/Cover.
I want to get Track Key installed but my dealer just quoted me 600.00 + ?!? I think thats crazy and its their 1st install
Any dealer recommendations ? Im in Central Jersey (Monmouth)

Cheers !!

If you ever think you may want to modify you car in any way, then do not install the Trackey.

Bama tune as well as other after market tuners can offer tunes that are more agressive and can allow for other mods.

If you plan on never modifing your Boss then install the Trackey.

The local deal here in New Orleans charged $300.00 for the progarm and a little over a hour in labor to due the install.

You shoulld wait until you car has at least 1700 miles before installing the trackey.

Enjoy your Boss it is still an awesome car even if you elect to only install the trackey!

LP Heaven said:
HI Guys !

I want to get Track Key installed but my dealer just quoted me 600.00 + ?!? I think thats crazy and its their 1st install

Cheers !!

It should be in the $400 range. $302 + one hour labor and tax. Sounds like rip-off at 600...

LP Heaven said:
HI Guys !

Cheers !!
Welcome to BMO and congratulations on your new Boss. Like Scott stated $600 is too much. The typical range is $375-425. Be sure to post photos of your car and you'll need to use an external photo hosting site and then link to the photos in your post.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel