The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Tucson302 said:
Congrats and welcome! Post up pics of your car, are you the first owner?
No. The car was actually titled originally as a touring show car for 36 miles, and then a second owner who drove it only 1414 miles, so I am the 3rd owner with 1450 original miles. It took me almost one year to find one with low original mileage, to take advantage of some $'s depreciation. My first Mustang was a 1966, and my second was a 2004 Mach 1 which I purchased new, and sold a few years ago. It is nice to have one in the garage again.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Machv8 said:
I bought a red 2013 Boss yesterday, so today I am officially joining in.

Red = Fast.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

xroads said:
What is a clutch pedal extension?

Opps I'm sorry I meant to quote and didn't notice on my iPhone that I clicked the wrong thing

jneary said:
I bought a red 2013 Boss yesterday, so today I am officially joining in.

Well, if red was all you could find, that's OK, you can always paint it green!!!

Welcome and watch for the HP with the new lower light bars on their new Ford Explorers!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0pjW8Ss0WI
Funny you mention the GHIG. It was between the red and green, but I heard from several that the red was a little faster… Thanks for the welcome!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Technically I did this stuff on Thursday, buttttttttt...installed the right-side triangle net and swapped out the NRG hub adapter for the longer Sparco adapter to bring the wheel a little closer, preventing fatigue during races:

1526930_10100508743905134_1407983898_n.jpg

Cool Tech Roll Bar finished.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOSSOwnersAssociation/

https://www.facebook.com/steve.androsko.7

WorldFamousZ said:
Can't express how much this little mod helped me, I hated the positioning of the seat and the pedal when I first got my 2013, this was a little lifesaver! Totally worth it IMO

I think I'm going to purchase this as well. My current seating position is based on the clutch, and it causes my right knee to hit the center consols and steering wheel.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!

F.D. Sako said:
I think I'm going to purchase this as well. My current seating position is based on the clutch, and it causes my right knee to hit the center consols and steering wheel.
before I had this my right knee was in the dash. now I have plenty of room with both knees. top 3 best mods I have done.

TMO Supporting Vendors