The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

F.D. Sako said:
I took mine to the dealer to get the hood resprayed. Found rust spots under the paint. Everyone check your hood edges for iron contamination rust before your warranty runs out.

I talked to an '11 GT owner who had this issue in a similar area. He suspected that it's from whatever chemical wash/dip for the aluminum that isn't cleaned off completely. Seeing one in the same area makes me think it's an error in the process like he was suggesting.

Boss0960 said:
Today, I picked up my Boss from the dealer with the Blowfish shifter mount and Ford Racing lower control arms with poly bushings. This is a positive transformation on both counts.

Last week, I also installed the Whiteline hood struts. Even that was huge improvement over the prop rod. So far, all mods to my Boss have been favorably received.

Whiteline hood struts?
whiteline-strut-tower-brace.jpg

This?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

patrickshelby said:
Whiteline hood struts?

This?
[/quote]

I can't find a picture but he's referring to a product similar to the MRT struts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTbKtOYSKks

Grant 302 said:
If I had to guess...I'd say he meant Redline brand hood struts! ;D

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Got confused by also having the Whiteline trans bushing. LOL.

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

Rick and Jarod, thank you for spending your time with us. It was great to meet you both.

Met up with a buddy of mine for lunch who has a 2010 SRT Challenger, 6 SPD in Plum Purple. We tried each others cars, and I think he is converted. The SRT is very nice and strong, but not even close to the handling and performance of my stock 2013 Boss. He told me not to tell any of his Mopar friends, but I think he my begin looking for a Boss. How easy they fall.

Drove it to see family in Johson City, TN, US 321 is a blast outside of Boone on the way there and US221 was a blast on the way back (after we stopped at Grandfather Mountain). Also hit up the Parkway for a little bit when US221 straightens out. Good day!

Cheesin'!
IMG_2234_zps14fa59fe.jpg

IMG_2220_zpseaf16daf.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

NFSBOSS said:
Finally installed my WC splitter. That should be good for at least 0.01 seconds a lap! Thanks 576.

IMG_4464_zps0e87be8b.jpg

She looks great! I've had mine for about two months, (RIP LS 601), so looking at yours gives me motivation to install mine. Thanks for posting.

- Dave

Fastfordnut said:
Rick,
Did you have to remove the facia and install the bracket as well or did you install the splitter only?
You need to install the bracket under the front bumper but I did that over a year ago when I installed my front tow hook. I was able to buy the bracket separately for about $80 at the time. You unbolt the stock splitter and intall the WC. Very easy to do while up on my Race Ramps.

NFSBOSS said:
You need to install the bracket under the front bumper but I did that over a year ago when I installed my front tow hook. I was able to buy the bracket separately for about $80 at the time. You unbolt the stock splitter and intall the WC. Very easy to do while up on my Race Ramps.

Thanks....just added that upgrade to the "to-do" list

Install Cortex Watts Link, Torque Arm, LCA's,Ford T5300 Springs,Blow Fish Bracket,Tranny cooling scoop.This took me about three days. Had some problems with exhaust clearance to Torque arm,had to loosen all joints, I think I have a leak on passengers side,ticking sound,sounds like a bad lifter. Started right after messing with the Band clamps.

BOSSSTANG said:
Drove it to see family in Johson City, TN, US 321 is a blast outside of Boone on the way there and US221 was a blast on the way back (after we stopped at Grandfather Mountain). Also hit up the Parkway for a little bit when US221 straightens out. Good day!

Cheesin'!
IMG_2234_zps14fa59fe.jpg

IMG_2220_zpseaf16daf.jpg

Looks amazing!
You have some incredible roads in the US!
The Alps roads seem rather small once you get to drive some of yours :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel