The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: What did you do to your boss today?

I guess your CAI is an Airaid...
414hp being all stock except for your Airaid and no tune is Great!
Being that you have stock exhaust did you have your sidepipes wide open?

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

RR2334 said:
Buland,

Do you have a part number for the bulbs or the brand name? Also, where did you get them?

i bought them on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/80W-CREE-4th-Gen-LED-Headlight-Kit-7200LM-Color-Change-5k-6k-8k-Bulbs-H11-/131459314467?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e9b95f323&vxp=mtr

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Replaced the stock Diff UCA bushing with the Steeda bearing. Made up a tool to push the stock bushing out, which was real tight --managed to do that without dropping the axle. Biggest pain was I had to dremel the bottom of the passenger side Diff housing to accommodate the Steeda lock nut:

IMG_0983_zpsvdwcusb3.jpg

Ended up having to lower the axle to get to that.......

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

I just did the exact same thing. With the right tools it actually wasn't that bad of a job thanks to Dave. What UCA are you running?

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Flyboygsxr said:
I just did the exact same thing. With the right tools it actually wasn't that bad of a job thanks to Dave. What UCA are you running?

I had the BMR with the Poly bushing (bought it before the spherical bearing version was available). Just upgraded to the BMR Spherical at the same time as upgrading the stock bush to the Steeda joint.

The BMR Poly bushing is still in good shape but has more free play than the Spherical bearing. The OEM Diff bushing was definitely near end of life....

Installed Jacking Plates and Blowfish Racing Front Tow Hook.

Mods so far I have done:
Ford Racing BOSS 302 Specific Lowering Springs, w/Bump Stops (35mm RR, 15mm Frt.)
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Front Splitter
Ford Racing Laguna Transmission Cooling Scoop
Ford Racing BOSS 302S Front Grill
Ford Racing BOSS 302S ARP 3” Wheel Studs & Lugs
Ford Racing Finned Differential Cover w/fill, drain & vent
Ford Racing Track-Key Programming (Red Key)
Blowfish Racing Fire Extinguisher Mount
Blowfish Racing Front Tow Hook
BMR Upper Control Arm and Mounting Bracket
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
KOOKS Side Pipes
Mike Black Jacking Plates
STEEDA Front G-Track Brace
STEEDA Adjustable Panhard Bar
STEEDA Panhard Bar Brace
Cool Tech LLC Roll Bar & Rear Shock Tower Brace and optional Diagonal Bar
Cool Tech LLC 6-Point Harnesses
JLT Oil Separators
Allstar Performance Rear Differential Catch Can & Breather
Silver Horse Racing Black Billet Door Handles, Lock Cups, Mirror Knob.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

Black Boss said:
I had the BMR with the Poly bushing (bought it before the spherical bearing version was available). Just upgraded to the BMR Spherical at the same time as upgrading the stock bush to the Steeda joint.

The BMR Poly bushing is still in good shape but has more free play than the Spherical bearing. The OEM Diff bushing was definitely near end of life....

Same here…my stock rubber bushing was toast. Really glad I changed everything out and makes me feel better about the car. I do have some gear whine now but I don't mind that at all.

Black Boss said:

Hi Nick, please let us know what you think about this configuration.
I have the BMR spherical UCA but still on the stock rubber on the diff side. I'm planning to upgrade it later this year and I'm still on the fence if I should use a poy one (BMR) or go spherical (Steeda).

Thanks

The Rip said:
Installed Jacking Plates and Blowfish Racing Front Tow Hook.

Mods so far I have done:
Ford Racing BOSS 302 Specific Lowering Springs, w/Bump Stops (35mm RR, 15mm Frt.)
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Brake Duct Cooling Kit
Ford Racing Laguna Seca Front Splitter
Ford Racing Laguna Transmission Cooling Scoop
Ford Racing BOSS 302S Front Grill
Ford Racing BOSS 302S ARP 3” Wheel Studs & Lugs
Ford Racing Finned Differential Cover w/fill, drain & vent
Ford Racing Track-Key Programming (Red Key)
Blowfish Racing Fire Extinguisher Mount
Blowfish Racing Front Tow Hook
BMR Upper Control Arm and Mounting Bracket
BMR Lower Control Arms
BMR Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets
KOOKS Side Pipes
Mike Black Jacking Plates
STEEDA Front G-Track Brace
STEEDA Adjustable Panhard Bar
STEEDA Panhard Bar Brace
Cool Tech LLC Roll Bar & Rear Shock Tower Brace and optional Diagonal Bar
Cool Tech LLC 6-Point Harnesses
JLT Oil Separators
Allstar Performance Rear Differential Catch Can & Breather
Silver Horse Racing Black Billet Door Handles, Lock Cups, Mirror Knob.

can you post up some pics please

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan

Swiss Boss said:
Hi Nick, please let us know what you think about this configuration.
I have the BMR spherical UCA but still on the stock rubber on the diff side. I'm planning to upgrade it later this year and I'm still on the fence if I should use a poy one (BMR) or go spherical (Steeda).

Thanks

Roads dried up this pm, so a did a quick road test. A bit more Diff whine with the solid bearings, (some) but less clank -- probably because there was more play with the Poly bushing and the rear OEM busing was done. Will be interesting to see how it works on the track this weekend, but I'm optimistic.....

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Black Boss said:
Roads dried up this pm, so a did a quick road test. A bit more Diff whine with the solid bearings, (some) but less clank -- probably because there was more play with the Poly bushing and the rear OEM busing was done. Will be interesting to see how it works on the track this weekend, but I'm optimistic.....

My OEM diff housing bush was in bad shape after only 12-13K miles, but I used the 5 price energy suspension rubber replacement bush. Have only slight gear noise with the Steeda adjustable poly UCA, and only in 6th gear at 75-85 MPH.

For your application, I suspect you will really like the new UCA/diff housing bearing set-up. I'm thinking about going with the Multi-Matic Boss UCA and switching over to the Boss 302S spherical LCA's.

Good luck on the track this year,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

Black Boss said:

Cool, Thank you. Looking forward for your track review.

My stock bushing should be near the end of his life after 2 years at the track but it was still good when I visually check it last week also don't have really much time to mess with it now. I'll probably change it this summer.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

I am still looking at the trailer buried blocked by snow and ice. And snow is predicted for Saturday. WTF ?!?!?!?!

-Pete

No snow here. ;)

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Washed and waxed the Boss in prep for the car show at The Final Roundup at TWS tomorrow. Drop dead gorgeous weather forecast, a new GT 350 and lots of Mustangs - it should be a great day! Even have the better half going along.

TMO Supporting Vendors