• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Re: What did you do to your boss today?

Grant 302 said:
Nice work. But I'm wondering why you didn't make this a repair under warranty.

Only because it showed up two weeks after warranty expired. No surprise there.
I got the Ford OEM Stripe Kit CR3Z-6320000-BC for $133 but only needed this one piece. Any one need any part of the passenger side stripes?

I also have the hood stripe for the 2012 Kona Blue CR3Z-6320000-AD but haven't replaced it yet. I damaged it myself and will wait until after I track the car in June before replacing it. That part isn't cheap and will be a lot harder to apply.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

TymeSlayer said:
Only because it showed up two weeks after warranty expired. No surprise there.
I got the Ford OEM Stripe Kit CR3Z-6320000-BC for $133 but only needed this one piece. Any one need any part of the passenger side stripes?

I also have the hood stripe for the 2012 Kona Blue CR3Z-6320000-AD but haven't replaced it yet. I damaged it myself and will wait until after I track the car in June before replacing it. That part isn't cheap and will be a lot harder to apply.

You should put up the rest of the stripes up on the buy n sell. $133 was a pretty good price from what I've heard.

Cobrarob said:
Only one I could find before seat/harness install,those r the big gt500 20"-19" wheels...ouch!

Those are big AND heavy! Is the 4th tire standing up behind the one on the driver side? Always looking for better ways to skin the cat!

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500

Grant 302 said:
You should put up the rest of the stripes up on the buy n sell. $133 was a pretty good price from what I've heard.

Those are big AND heavy! Is the 4th tire standing up behind the one on the driver side? Always looking for better ways to skin the cat!

I couldn't find the pic where I put them all across,
fit perfect and used chocks like I said before. This one
I put the 4th in the spare tire spot( I took out the air inflator
kit that came with the car) Got some 18x10 to put back there
for the weekend

Grant 302

Tri-bar said:
Took it to the Body shop to have them look at the hood and windshield.roof. Did you know the stock hood is $1500 bucks, So Geico should replace the TR hood.

I remember looking up the hood and part number and found it for $1,100 IIRC. Good luck with the repair.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.

VoodooBoss

Rick

Swiss Boss said:
Changed my plugs while waiting for the engine harness to come back from PRS
Hmmm, how many miles are on those plugs? Here's what mine looked like with almost 20,000 miles on them.

IMG_4847_zpsd997bdf1.jpg

NFSBOSS said:
Hmmm, how many miles are on those plugs? Here's what mine looked like with almost 20,000 miles on them.

15,000mi probably 4000mi of track duty.

Been tuned by AED for about a year for long tube and off road H. Before was only track key.

Forgot to add. When I'm at the track, I try to run a 50/50 mix of regular gas and whatever the track has for unleaded race gas. So far it's only been Sunoco 104.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child

Is the Sunoco 104 an unleaded fuel? Sunoco 260 GTX is the 100 Octane unleaded that I run at track and haven't seen deposits like that. Very sooty looking. You should data log the engine with the new plugs and ask Shaun to take a look, car looks rich or some king of fuel deposits there. There doesn't appear to be any mechanical issue so that's good news.
Steve

steveespo said:
Is the Sunoco 104 an unleaded fuel? Sunoco 260 GTX is the 100 Octane unleaded that I run at track and haven't seen deposits like that. Very sooty looking. You should data log the engine with the new plugs and ask Shaun to take a look, car looks rich or some king of fuel deposits there. There doesn't appear to be any mechanical issue so that's good news.
Steve

Yes it is. Sunoco got the 260 GTX Plus which is 104 unleaded.

I will send an email to Shaun and ask him what he think.

Thx

Well after a track day I swapped out my track wheels and brake pads and put back on the stock wheels and pads. Had to get rid of that front end brake squeak for around town. Now I just gotta get her cleaned up, nothing like splattering a thousand bugs at 100mph to make the front end look like garbage!!

Body Shop update. It is all getting covered, Hood, roof, windshield, both front fenders, Side stripes, new hood. 2 tone paint for the hood, new blackout for the roof. because the hood scratched the inside of the fenders, they are going to redo both, since they have to redo both, they are going to pay to replace the side stripes. Who would have thought?

Grant 302

Cobrarob said:
Loaded her up for Sunday,thanks Grant for the idea...fits nice!
Glad to help any track addiction! 8)

Tri-bar said:
He had so much in that Boss it wasn't funny.

;D It's less definitely less funny putting it all back in!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel