• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Sean said:
That's brilliant!!
Now if I can just get my brakes to work.....

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
F.D. Sako said:
How do these banners hold up to windshield wiper use?

I haven't had an issue with the lettering and the wiper on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to bother the wiper either.

Paid a visit to CMP to do some go karting. Car still needs to have the pinion seal replaced, which while it's getting that I'm having the bearings changed, arp studs replaced and replacing the UCA. Also going to have the diff looked at to make sure it isn't messed up from the heat. If not, then I'll start looking to replace the FLCA's. Did finally get the exhaust fixed where it isn't hitting the axle housing though :).

15442242_1611420785541396_7344112542350230122_n.jpg

Grant 302

Saw another fellow Boss owner upgrade from his '13 SBY to a Ruby '17:
31629178191_22f045ecba.jpg

Grant 302 said:
Saw another fellow Boss owner upgrade from his '13 SBY to a Ruby '17:
31629178191_22f045ecba.jpg
That's a big up grade. Not sure if I feel the color/stripe combo on the Shelby. I do believe that's the first ruby Shelby I've seen.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Did an oil change today and installed a fresh set of front hubs. Looks like the bearings were on the way out as the spindle shafts (which are typically bare) were coated with bearing grease...

FMmzL1Y.jpg

Old vs. New:
MfiA7Dx.jpg

KGZgiUg.jpg

ArizonaBOSS said:
I always end up using a 36mm socket which is "good enough", although it feels like a 35mm would be a better fit.
Do you just trash the hub or do you press in a new bearing so you have a spare.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
I've been tossing them. I was keeping them for emergency spares before but never ended up using them, just clutter at that point. These ones have been on the car for almost two seasons.

I need to order a backup set for spares, now :)

Grant 302

That's from all the heat 'puking' the grease out. (I think)

First time I ran in 95º+ heat without cooling ducts (and before becoming 'brownbos'):

31772682002_d69399217c.jpg

31772682292_e3ee7b58c9.jpg

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Replaced the battery, serviced engine, (oil & filter), replaced the blue Airaid air filter, went with dry red color cone filter for the 2017 Boss season.

Reset the neutral idle position, ran the procedure in the owners manual and with temps in the mid 60's today, I was able to complete the process with a nice run out in the country.

I have a few more parts to purchase, and several in inventory to fine tune the Boss suspension. Looking forward to some quality mod install time with my Boss.

So much fun, the Boss still makes me smile after 5 years.
302 Hi Pro

302BOB

Epic Contributor
The day my Boss stops making me smile is the day son gets it............sad but oh so true.....Just kidding I'm taking #1886 with me... ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel