The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your Boss 302 or S197 today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Sean said:
That's brilliant!!
Now if I can just get my brakes to work.....

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I like the custom stuff Pete at Track Day Solutions did for me. I found the material, sent it to Pete and he did an excellent job on the banner/decal.

2012%20Boss%201350_zpshep7jkty.jpg

2012%20Boss%201548_zpsieimyppu.jpg

Paid a visit to CMP to do some go karting. Car still needs to have the pinion seal replaced, which while it's getting that I'm having the bearings changed, arp studs replaced and replacing the UCA. Also going to have the diff looked at to make sure it isn't messed up from the heat. If not, then I'll start looking to replace the FLCA's. Did finally get the exhaust fixed where it isn't hitting the axle housing though :).

15442242_1611420785541396_7344112542350230122_n.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Did an oil change today and installed a fresh set of front hubs. Looks like the bearings were on the way out as the spindle shafts (which are typically bare) were coated with bearing grease...

FMmzL1Y.jpg

Old vs. New:
MfiA7Dx.jpg

KGZgiUg.jpg

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I've done this swap before and don't recall my spindle looking like that. It was pretty clean. I do recall having to borrow a socket to get that spindle nut off as IIRC it was something like 1-7/16.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I've been tossing them. I was keeping them for emergency spares before but never ended up using them, just clutter at that point. These ones have been on the car for almost two seasons.

I need to order a backup set for spares, now :)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Replaced the battery, serviced engine, (oil & filter), replaced the blue Airaid air filter, went with dry red color cone filter for the 2017 Boss season.

Reset the neutral idle position, ran the procedure in the owners manual and with temps in the mid 60's today, I was able to complete the process with a nice run out in the country.

I have a few more parts to purchase, and several in inventory to fine tune the Boss suspension. Looking forward to some quality mod install time with my Boss.

So much fun, the Boss still makes me smile after 5 years.
302 Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors