The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What did you do to your GT350 or S550 Mustang today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattlqx

Mustangless
Re: What did you do to your GT350 today?

I encountered that problem with fuse taps from Autozone in my '14 Focus. Different ones I got online worked fine though. Not all are created equal for sure. When you buy fuse taps, see if you can make out from the picture the thickness of the plug, it will always pay off to get as thin as possible.

Another nice drive today...about 100 miles. (had to gas up for the second time with about 380 miles on the odo...ya, the mpg isn't that great)

It was dry here, so we (my 17 yr old son and me) drove over hwy 17 from los gatos to santa cruz and back, then around a number of on / off ramps that we know well...and just 'drove around' for awhile.

Oh my. the car is just, really really, bad ass. And so many people know it. We had two different cars following us with videos going...and soooooo many looks / thumbs up / nods / picture takers. This car is certainly the real deal. I think the effect is particularly acute here in our 'silicon valley' where most people seem to have lost an appreciation for 'merican cars.

I continue to be amazed by everything about this car: the looks, the sounds, the composure under some real-world performance driving. We had a long, but not very consistent-radius freeway on-ramp and found 1.03g lateral...and tried some hard stops and found 1.23g. I tried the 60-0 brake performance thing once but it's hard to find a place to do that and I think we were going more that 60 to start...did 109ft and 1.18g. It's the kind of car that you have to tell you passenger to hold on...and then, again...no, really, hold on...if you're going to do hard braking.

This car is a total mind-blower.

Oh yeah. Looking forward to mine arriving next month. ;D

Finished bolting in the roll bar, reconnected ground wires and restraint sensors, bolted in the driver seat and it started :D. Drove it from the double stall back tonits single stall and reconnected the battery tender and covered it up. ::)

fuhrius said:
Another nice drive today...about 100 miles. (had to gas up for the second time with about 380 miles on the odo...ya, the mpg isn't that great)

It was dry here, so we (my 17 yr old son and me) drove over hwy 17 from los gatos to santa cruz and back, then around a number of on / off ramps that we know well...and just 'drove around' for awhile.

Oh my. the car is just, really really, bad ass. And so many people know it. We had two different cars following us with videos going...and soooooo many looks / thumbs up / nods / picture takers. This car is certainly the real deal. I think the effect is particularly acute here in our 'silicon valley' where most people seem to have lost an appreciation for 'merican cars.

I continue to be amazed by everything about this car: the looks, the sounds, the composure under some real-world performance driving. We had a long, but not very consistent-radius freeway on-ramp and found 1.03g lateral...and tried some hard stops and found 1.23g. I tried the 60-0 brake performance thing once but it's hard to find a place to do that and I think we were going more that 60 to start...did 109ft and 1.18g. It's the kind of car that you have to tell you passenger to hold on...and then, again...no, really, hold on...if you're going to do hard braking.

This car is a total mind-blower.
Sounds just like the Boss did when it was released.
Enjoy your new Ride!

VoodooBOSS said:
Shopping!

As my mod lists grows I was looking at the Moroso coolant expansion tank. The stock one if fugly and I always wanted to install a Moroso on my Boss. Hopefully this fits the GT350.

https://lmr.com/item/MOR-63806/mustang-coolant-expansion-tank-moroso-stainless-1516-63806

s-l500.jpg

I bought one of these from Shelby America. It's the exact same as the moroso and made by moroso except it has the "SHELBY" name on it.

I also finished installing my ARH long tubes on the voodoo. I couldn't resist, I started it with open headers!!! Omg it sounds AWESOME!!! I installed the X pipe and the mid pipes are different then the GT COYOTE. I'm working with Nick at ARH and sending him my factory X pipe to bend up some pipes to connect the X pipe to the mufflers. I also installed the garageline gas pedal spacer. Easy 3 minute install and feels better to me already. Just waiting for my Sullivan pedals to come in.
[/quote]

8250RPM said:
I also finished installing my ARH long tubes on the voodoo. I couldn't resist, I started it with open headers!!! Omg it sounds AWESOME!!! I installed the X pipe and the mid pipes are different then the GT COYOTE. I'm working with Nick at ARH and sending him my factory X pipe to bend up some pipes to connect the X pipe to the mufflers. I also installed the garageline gas pedal spacer. Easy 3 minute install and feels better to me already. Just waiting for my Sullivan pedals to come in.
I bet it does. I loved the sound of the Boss with LTs and O/R X pipe.

I have installed my ARH long tubes, we been working on the X pipe and mid pipes as they are unique to the GT350. Today I trial fit the exhaust pipes and still have some fine tuning to do but everything is nice and tight. I couldn't resist, I fired it up and let it run to burn some of the oil out of the new exhaust. This thing sounds MEAN! Like a pissed off hornet! Once I get the fitment adjusted and the roads clear up I'll be heading back to Watson for more dyno pulls.
I also installed the Garage Line gas pedal spacer which feels better to me for heel and toe. Just waiting on the Sullivan pedals.
Today I ordered the steeda clutch spring, I like the feel of the clutch with the stock pedal spring removed and I was going to put a light spring in to take up the pedal play but steeda now offers a spring and it's only $7.00. I also ordered a Romac harmonic balancer from MMR which includes a ARP bolt.

8250RPM said:
Just waiting on the Sullivan pedals.

me too. Brian said they're at the anodizer and should be done in the next week or so. I ordered them almost a month ago. I do love his pedals.

fuhrius said:
me too. Brian said they're at the anodizer and should be done in the next week or so. I ordered them almost a month ago. I do love his pedals.

Yes sir. I actually talked to Brian today and he did say the pedals are at the anodizer. Can wait. He said should be shipped next week. So will my GA1R's. YEAH!!

VoodooBOSS said:
I totally agree. How difficult would it have been to spec a white piece of leather instead of black?

I'm actually having some custom interior pieces done by Gary Disney as we speak. Should be ready soon. I'm having him do my shift boot, E brake boot and handle, center arm rest and lower center counsel sides all in matching Alcantra with matching sticthing. Also custom embroidery on the arm rest. Can't wait.

TMO Supporting Vendors