The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

What other cars have tried to race you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I find that GTO's are always want some. Vettes not so much, but watch out for the new Stingrays. Also, I've heard that older Evos are dangerous. At the track, I've bested SRT8's, SS's, M3's and even a 10' Z06. My best time trackey/radials/stock is a 12.17.

jfolsom28 said:
8th gen civic supercharged
03 mustang gt vortech sc
Shelby gt
Pontiac gto
Camaros
Charger srt8 super bee
240s
My girlfriend in her Hyundai veloster
04 cobra whippled
Fox body
c5 vette
no ome can touch the boss in a good ole fashion highway roll

There must have been something severely wrong with that Cobra to not walk all over a Boss.

Brandon302 said:
There must have been something severely wrong with that Cobra to not walk all over a Boss.
That's what I was thinking. A properly tuned/setup Whipple Terminator is a stout runner and is an easy mid/high 10 second ride (speaking from personal experience).

BossMoss said:
That's what I was thinking. A properly tuned/setup Whipple Terminator is a stout runner and is an easy mid/high 10 second ride (speaking from personal experience).
That and the fact that a Cobra is already a roll monster. From a dig I can see a Boss keeping up with but not walking a Cobra (also from experience).

Brandon302 said:
That and the fact that a Cobra is already a roll monster. From a dig I can see a Boss keeping up with but not walking a Cobra (also from experience).

Driver mod can be a huge advantage.

I'm just an owner, but I'm getting better. The most fearsome thing I've seen lately was a blue haired old lady with botox injections driving a Camry to Wal-mart. Just the way I like it. Easy pink slip. :)

Had a Fiat 500 try me. It was an Abarth so it was close......

lol. Not really. But what do you expect from Italians that have no idea what the hell my car is. 8)

I wish I could race my vette against myself but that obviously cant happen. But I think the Vette will take the Boss. :-[

Too many to count. The slow cars I play with them by letting them get a jump and then I pull beside them in 3rd gear. I let them think that I am pushing it hard and then I hammer it, get into 4th and then back it down. By then they have already given up. I had a close one with a Audi R8. Let him go first and then caught him and pulled away in 4th. He caught me at the next light and said he had been looking at the Boss before he bought the Audi. I have hung up my street racing ego and now drive like an old lady with a smile.

i seem to be attracting alot of motorcycles and have done very well. i beat a cbr 600 honda last night from a stop

Had a crotch rocket "ambush" me going up a hill, soon followed by a CHP chasing after him. Saw them pulled over 1/2 mile later. Glad a didn't take the bait...

Had a BMW 335is try to pass me on the outside in a hard left turn(1st mistake), then try to accelerate past me after the turn straightened out and there was a nice long staight(2nd, and biggest,mistake). The Boss wouldn't have any of that. ;) What was even better was me looking down and seeing that the air conditioning had been running the entire time. Not that a stock 335is is really much of a challenge, but it was funny to see the guy clearly trying to outcorner, and then pull away from me.

A good handful of Camaros, and the usual tuner suspects. Took a run with a Roush Stage 3 last night, and was humbled a bit, though hung better than I would have expected. Pulled over and chatted with the guy. Pretty amazing machine.

BossMoss said:
Stock terminators are nowhere near 10 second cars....
A properly set up boss with CAI and a good tune will run with most terminators all day...
Now some of the terminators are really tweaked, and that might be a different story....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vista6019 said:
Stock terminators are nowhere near 10 second cars....
A properly set up boss with CAI and a good tune will run with most terminators all day...
Now some of the terminators are really tweaked, and that might be a different story....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I believe he was talking about a whippled cobra...which can run into the 700 RWHP range, especially if its a larger KB. That will definitely be in the 10 second range, unless the tires suck and the driver is terrible.

TMO Supporting Vendors