The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Wally

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any feedback on the 315 square setup vs 305 square setup vs OEM R stagger? Have R spec Forgelines to run but debating tire sizes. Yours is the first I have seen run a 315 square setup. Thanks in advance Nick!

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cj350 said:
Any feedback on the 315 square setup vs 305 square setup vs OEM R stagger? Have R spec Forgelines to run but debating tire sizes. Yours is the first I have seen run a 315 square setup. Thanks in advance Nick!

@cj350 Sorry for the delay -- was away skiing over New Years 8)

I like the feel of the 315 square setup -- Stock on the PSC2's the car has a little understeer at the limit that is eliminated with the 315's. That said the PSC2's are amazing tires. Hoos R7's are cheaper and the fronts last a little longer in my experience. Hoos doesn't offer a R7 in 305, either.....

I'm running a 305 square setup with PSC2's on my non R and the car is very neutral. I highly recommend it.

gtorpedo said:
Are you signed up for the March 4-5th Chin event at VIR? I saw a red R registered and figured this may be you. If so, looking forward to the event and seeing you run. I'll be running (novice group) in the black 2015 GT #45.

Nick and I are both signed up for the Chin event. You can find us in the garages.

Steve

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
Finished prepping the car for the MVP event Friday/Sat/Sun at COTA.

I'd been holding off installing a fire extinguisher as I couldn't find one as good as the Blowfish S197 version . Based on Steve's misfortune at VIR I decided it couldn't wait any longer so I used a piece of 1.5" Aluminum angle to attach the Blowfish mount:

IMG_3680_zps9z4yjznb.jpg

Also thanks to @PeteInCT and @VoodooBOSS for the TMO decals:

IMG_3685_zpspcbpnwjl.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
VoodooBOSS said:
Where exactly did you mount the bracket and did you drill new holes in the floor pan? The mount I'm using sucks and rattles a lot. :mad:

I used the front passenger seat holes (M10) which are spaced 11.5". I used a stack of 5 washers under the angle each side to allow for the carpet in the middle. A single piece of angle will not work if you want to run a passenger seat as I wouldn't want to run with the washers raising the front of the seat and the center section would likely obstruct the seat adjust bar. Two short pieces of angle, one each side, would likely work.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Glad fire safety is a focus. I got real lucky, yesterday I opened the fuel hats to drain fuel from the tanks and discovered the fuel pump side was burned down to the oring. A few seconds more and the whole car would have gone up. Gonna put a fuel cell and fire system in during the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bay Area
voodoo child21 said:
Glad fire safety is a focus. I got real lucky, yesterday I opened the fuel hats to drain fuel from the tanks and discovered the fuel pump side was burned down to the oring. A few seconds more and the whole car would have gone up. Gonna put a fuel cell and fire system in during the rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, you're gonna do a rebuild? I look forward to seeing this

That's great news that the 21 car will live to tear the asphalt up again. That means this will be the 21-3. The 3 stands for its third life. That may be a good number to play if your a lotto fan 213. With all that being said I just knew it in my heart that the 21 would live on. Out of most cars on this forum being a street/Track car. I really dig the 21 in all directions that it has gone.

The Wood brothers would be Proud of you! ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors