The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50Deep said:
That thing looks easy for the track attack. You taking videos of the run?

What's a radical?
I should have some video. A radical is kind of like an oversized go Kart with a lot more hp and runs like it's on rails.

50Deep said:
What's a radical?
A Radical is one killer track toy and yes some of them are street legal. Their highest performance models equal a McLaren P1 for on track performance. You can rent them at Spring Mountain in Nevada.

@fuhrius

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/radical-sportscars/2014-radical-sr3-rs-ar162498.html

radical-sr3-rs-11_600x0w.jpg

drano38

Wayne
When I was at BIR last July, I think one of those was running. The first couple sessions he was taking it easy, then he pushed it up and was amazing.
Gary, take it easy on the Porsches, and hope you have great weather.

drano38 said:
When I was at BIR last July, I think one of those was running. The first couple sessions he was taking it easy, then he pushed it up and was amazing.
Gary, take it easy on the Porsches, and hope you have great weather.
The weather is always interesting at BIR. That area has its own distinct weather patterns!

VoodooBOSS said:
A Radical is one killer track toy and yes some of them are street legal. Their highest performance models equal a McLaren P1 for on track performance. You can rent them at Spring Mountain in Nevada.

@fuhrius

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/radical-sportscars/2014-radical-sr3-rs-ar162498.html

radical-sr3-rs-11_600x0w.jpg

the Radical SR3 RS is claimed to generate 3g laterally and generate 2x it's weight in downforce at 100mph. It's a bit of a workout driving one but they're incredibly satisfying.
They'll run sub-1:30 at LS for reference.
I did get a chance to sample that open-air goodness at Spring Mountain a couple years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpQypOpfMdE

Waldo is safely tucked away for his trip to the North Star state. There were little pebbles falling off the PSC2s onto the trailer floor for over ten minutes by the time I got it strapped down and closed up. I'm starting to wonder if they might not be stickier than R7s. I hope not since they're $500 more/set ;D

_2.IMG_20160424_124503_zpsswybsjot.jpg

AMPowerJ said:
Very nice. Could use a drop now even more with the lower profile tires for sure but function over form. Where did you get the track numbers? I'm assuming they are vinyl?
I had my sign guy make them. They're magnetic.

TMO Supporting Vendors