The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finally installed my shoulder harnesses and got the lap and sub-belts set to the right lengths and secured with cotter pins. Everything takes so much time! :eek:

fuhrius said:
as I recall, he welded a bar across the seat base to mount to. you did the same?
I'm curious why planted wouldn't offer a base with a bar already built in.
IMO the only one reason that I can think of: Safety
They may feel that its not a strong enough point to attach to. Or they never though about it (unlikely)
Just my thoughts... but maybe they feel the seat frame may fold during a heavy impact allowing slack in the belts.
I like 06mach1 setup. Very solid.

kona302 said:
I think you are looking forward to it. :) Did the wheels come yet?
Hahaha guilty as charged Tal! We're still a way out on the wheels. I'll be running Hoosier R7s in 315/30/19 on all four corners once they show up.

cloud9 said:
305/315, same as the OEM on the R. Trying to slowly make my GT350 a faux R :)
Thats GT350 FakeR. ;)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
superhero said:
IMO the only one reason that I can think of: Safety
They may feel that its not a strong enough point to attach to. Or they never though about it (unlikely)
Just my thoughts... but maybe they feel the seat frame may fold during a heavy impact allowing slack in the belts.
I like 06mach1 setup. Very solid.

More likely is that the bar position depends on driver/seat position. Welding it in one place would only yield the correct seat angle for an average driver. I've seen similar bases for other cars with moveable bars.....

CSL said:
So you'll be running these on the stock wheels?
Yes. The compromise is I can just run what's left of them out on the street until my track wheels arrive and then go back to the PSS. Unfortunately my track days are going to be somewhat limited until we get wheels, but I didn't want to wait until July to get it on track.

TMO Supporting Vendors