The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuhrius said:
I assume that's the cover that comes with the car (if so ordered, of course)? If so, it'll be funny that, on my car, it pretty much matches my car (AG with black stripes). hope you get some bursts of nice weather during the winter so you get a chance to drive her some.
It is, but I actually ordered it from the parts department. Turns out with my fleet parts discount it's $362.50 versus MSRP of $375 so saved $12.50 not ordering it with the car :p You'll want to order the one "with spoiler" if you didn't order it with the car and still want one.

Not looking promising that it'll get out of the garage before March.......here's my commute in this morning "parked" in traffic. Never fails that the first snowfall brings out the newbies. Someone slid down the hill on an intersecting road and t-boned an SUV up ahead of me. Good day for the body shops.

VZM.IMG_20151120_081138_zps2cq5hhwe.jpg

cloud9 said:
It is, but I actually ordered it from the parts department. Turns out with my fleet parts discount it's $362.50 versus MSRP of $375 so saved $12.50 not ordering it with the car :p You'll want to order the one "with spoiler" if you didn't order it with the car and still want one.

Not looking promising that it'll get out of the garage before March.......here's my commute in this morning "parked" in traffic. Never fails that the first snowfall brings out the newbies. Someone slid down the hill on an intersecting road and t-boned an SUV up ahead of me. Good day for the body shops.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk4/cloud91965/VZM.IMG_20151120_081138_zps2cq5hh
we.jpg

U-G-L-Y.

I didn't order the car cover but am thinking I'll get one...same way, via the parts dept.

superhero said:
Funny, you look at that picture and all you see are SUV's & trucks. I'm sure all are 4wd.
Including the one that the picture was taken from...Lol
That's why I really don't like the way Ford allocated the Rs. We have one of the top sales performing dealers in North America in Sioux Falls, but as you can see this is F-150 territory (most profitable vehicle for Ford) I saw a map of the R allocations and virtually none were North of the Mason-Dixon line.

cloud9 said:
Well with the Boss sold I'm anxiously awaiting the GT350 to get back in the saddle again. I told myself I would be patient and not check status constantly, but now that it's on the move I can't resist. It left Flat Rock, MI on the 28th and was stranded in Battle Creek, MI last night due to a mechanical issue with the train, but it's back on the move and just about to leave the state! Last stop was Marcellus, MI in the Southwestern part of state. Really glad it made it out before the weekend as I'm sure it will continue to move throughout the weekend into next week barring any more mechanicals with the choo choo :)

GT350%20Transit_zpsebfnvt1y.jpg

funny (only kind of) that mine has started off the same way...it left Flat Rock Saturday afternoon and is now stopped in Battle Creek with a 'Conveyance Mechanical Failure'

fuhrius said:
funny (only kind of) that mine has started off the same way...it left Flat Rock Saturday afternoon and is now stopped in Battle Creek with a 'Conveyance Mechanical Failure'
Hmm that kinda makes you scratch your head a little :p

cloud9 said:
Hmm that kinda makes you scratch your head a little :p

yes it does. was your car transported with Canadian Railway? The reason I ask is that I've pinged the 800-235-2352 number and the automated service comes back with 'no status available' for my railcar...

fuhrius said:
yes it does. was your car transported with Canadian Railway? The reason I ask is that I've pinged the 800-235-2352 number and the automated service comes back with 'no status available' for my railcar...
Mine was on CSX I believe. Rail car # started with ETTX.

Waldo got his tonsils out today. I had a muffler shop cut out the resonators and weld in SS ~3" straight pipes. They also clamped the heat shield back on to protect the driveshaft joint. What an amazing difference! Wish it would have come from the factory that way. The sound is incredible, especially for a catted vehicle. 8)

Nice. Is it as loud as your Boss with headers?

VoodooBOSS said:
Nice. Is it as loud as your Boss with headers?
No, not that loud. Actually it's probably just right. I loved the sound of the Boss but it was a bit obnoxious for the street. The best part about the variable exhaust mode on the GT350 is being able to drive out of the neighborhood at 5:30 in the morning without being the resident rooster!

cloud9 said:
No, not that loud. Actually it's probably just right. I loved the sound of the Boss but it was a bit obnoxious for the street. The best part about the variable exhaust mode on the GT350 is being able to drive out of the neighborhood at 5:30 in the morning without being the resident rooster!

the cold start 'blap' is still a little over the top. but I'm adjusting to it.

congrats Gary. Is there any drone with this or any increased interior noise at highway speeds in non sport mode. Don't know why Im concerned about that because I seem to always hit sport as soon as I start the car.

kona302 said:
congrats Gary. Is there any drone with this or any increased interior noise at highway speeds in non sport mode. Don't know why Im concerned about that because I seem to always hit sport as soon as I start the car.
Well in 6th gear on the highway the cutouts close so you don't hear much exhaust note at all, and no increase from removing the resonators. In the modes where the exhaust cutouts are closed you don't hear the difference either.

TMO Supporting Vendors