The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cloud9 said:
Sorry I missed that post last night. I like the seats a lot. They fit me even better than the Boss seats and the bolsters are definitely more supportive. They really keep you planted in the seat, and are very comfortable.

Open question to anyone, I know some replace seats for racing but I am finding the bolsters a little intrusive. Any suggestions as to the direction I should go? Wondering if I could just replace seat bottom with something else from Recaro with lower bolsters. Or, I am open to replacing the entire seat.

As to vibration, yes, it is noticeable. Also, the shifter is not as good as the GT500 which I found to be the best shifter around. I think the vibration gets transmitted through the shifter into my hand quite a bit. Doesn't bother me though.

I have not heard an R yet so how does the exhaust note change if I took the resonator out?

Thanks a lot. Great board. Glad I found it.

Face76 said:
Open question to anyone, I know some replace seats for racing but I am finding the bolsters a little intrusive. Any suggestions as to the direction I should go? Wondering if I could just replace seat bottom with something else from Recaro with lower bolsters. Or, I am open to replacing the entire seat.

As to vibration, yes, it is noticeable. Also, the shifter is not as good as the GT500 which I found to be the best shifter around. I think the vibration gets transmitted through the shifter into my hand quite a bit. Doesn't bother me though.

I have not heard an R yet so how does the exhaust note change if I took the resonator out?

FWIW I wasn't sure I liked these seats when I first got in the car, but after several adjustments and more seat time I like them. They are probably firmer than the Boss seats, and of course the bolsters are going to fit differently for different body types/sizes.

Face76 said:

Thanks!

I was told the seats are based on the Recaro's in the Boss so it might be possible to get the bottom cushion from the other Recaro's and swap them. Maybe you could find one that's damaged or the airbag was deployed and try it. Check for totaled Bosses in our Man Down thread or ebay.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
That was my assumption too, but was basing the above on the status screen the indicates AdvanceTrac off when I selected Track Mode. I didn't hold down ESC off with the brake on for 5 seconds in that case. If you do hold the button down with the brake on, AdvanceTrac Off will appear in the display screen. So.....unsure. With the cooler temps on top of not wanting to wreck my street tires, I haven't gotten the car far enough out of sorts to test it ;)

Time for some serious testing

I wonder if the ESC light is on in Track mode for liability reasons as ESC is not fully engaged or whether it is fully off?

Black Boss said:

I wonder if the ESC light is on in Track mode for liability reasons as ESC is not fully engaged or whether it is fully off?
I know, but hard to do without getting arrested! ;D Wish track season wasn't over :'(

Black Boss said:
I tried some more this afternoon, but I'm trying to find the edge progressively trying to get a feel for the car. I was able to get it to push a little once but it catches itself pretty quick (not with nannies) and I sense a lot more oversteer than the Boss had. The problem is there's SO MUCH grip that you really have to get it out of sorts to break them loose. It's almost impossible on the street without getting stupid to break it loose. Sure I could just goose the rear end on a corner to break the rears loose, but that's not really the kind of test I'm looking for. I'm really just trying to find the lateral limits to get into a four wheel drift, and it's so far beyond where the Boss' limits were it isn't funny.

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
steveespo said:
Nick has to start a "Where's Winston" thread. ;D

Funny you mention that.

Some Trivia; The Where's Waldo series of books were written by a British author, first released in England, Where's Wally preceded Waldo 8)

Watch this space for an up-coming thread :eek:

Black Boss said:
Funny you mention that.

Some Trivia; The Where's Waldo series of books were written by a British author, first released in England, Where's Wally preceded Waldo 8)

Watch this space for an up-coming thread :eek:
Since I expected we would both get our cars about the same time, and be figuring out the early mods, the thread was somewhat paying homage ;) I could have gone with Where's Paddington Bear, but didn't think it had the same ring :D

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel