The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean said:
Have you seen the dyno graph on the GT350? It would confirm your feelings of the power above 4k
I have and it looks like the tq really jumps around 3500-4000 so must be what I'm sensing. That said it pulls hard! I'm running on 91 pump gas too since we don't have 93 here currently. It would be nice to see a comparison between 93 and 91. This chart was likely run on 93 or better as it's optimized to run on 93. I'll be blending in some race gas for track days. At least at Road America they have 93 in the pumps......BIR might have 92.

attachment.jpg

cloud9 said:
I have the Track Package which precludes getting the Tech package (it's an either or package). The features I showed above are part of Track Apps I believe, which is standard on the GT350.

Thanks Gary. For some reason I thought you could get both the Track and Tech packages. Easy decision which one to go with! 8)

Window tint and clear bra were done today. Here are a couple pics from the service drive at the dealer. Will get better pics later......sun's already down here :'(

20151109_161412_zpsnxzb1od8.jpg

20151109_161426_zpsxjbpuzti.jpg

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
ClearBra is probably one of the best investments you can make on a new vehicle, ESPECIALLY one that will see the track.

I'm surprised they already had a template for a 350!

Looks great! I can't tell from the pictures but did the clear bra include part of the hood and if so how much? This is my first mod before I drive mine also.

Moto said:
Looks great! I can't tell from the pictures but did the clear bra include part of the hood and if so how much? This is my first mod before I drive mine also.
I guess the place that designs the templates is in TX (near COTA?) so probably have access to a few 350s sooner than other places.

I actually just ended up doing the leading edge of the aluminum parts (hood/fenders) and not the front clip. I also did the mirror covers and you can't even find the lines. The front clip is kind of a tradeoff. It ends up being a lot of small pieces and by the time you pay for it, the repaint's about a wash. Clear bra is supposedly good for 3 years, but I went 5 on the Boss and it still looked good. I also never repainted the front clip on the Boss, but it probably could have used it by the fifth season. I opted to not do the front clip again and will just deal with a repaint if/when necessary. The stripes are available ala carte so you wouldn't have to buy an entire stripe package.

On another note there were no screws for the rear plate. There are a couple of pilot holes above the stripes, but will need to get some rubber/vinyl bumpers for the inside bottom corners to keep the plate from beating the stripes. I'll post a pic later to better explain.

Are the screw holes wide enough for the top holes of the license plate? They look too close?
I used the ford racing frame and put stick on rubber pads on the bottom.

Moto said:
Are the screw holes wide enough for the top holes of the license plate? They look too close?
I used the ford racing frame and put stuck on rubber pads on the bottom.
They did to us as well, but we test fit one up there and they line up perfectly. I was going to look for a Ford Performance one this time, but thanks for the suggestion.

This will look good on there. I installed small stick on plastic pads on my Boss and they lasted the duration. I also used SS cap screws to mount my license plate for a more custom look. ::)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZERW02/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BQE2BYBLOJ52

61636511.jpg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I actually have my Boss plate velcro'd on with some really tough velcro. It has been that way since the car was new and it is on there really solid. When I was in Germany they required me to have a front license plate so I had a shop make a decal for me, essentially a vinyl sticker to be used as my front plate. A lot of exotics in Europe do this so not to drill holes in the car and that was were I got the idea from.

Flyboygsxr said:
I actually have my Boss plate velcro'd on with some really tough velcro. It has been that way since the car was new and it is on there really solid. When I was in Germany they required me to have a front license plate so I had a shop make a decal for me, essentially a vinyl sticker to be used as my front plate. A lot of exotics in Europe do this so not to drill holes in the car and that was were I got the idea from.
I like that idea, but I'm not sure you'd get the Velcro off without taking off the stripes with it.

VooDooBOSS said:
This will look good on there. I installed small stick on plastic pads on my Boss and they lasted the duration. I also used SS cap screws to mount my license plate for a more custom look. ::)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FZERW02/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1BQE2BYBLOJ52

61636511.jpg
Moto said:
I used the ford racing frame and put stick on rubber pads on the bottom.
I may go this route if I can't find a Ford Performance option. Thanks guys.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel