The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you know, I found him. Trying to put the front splitter on in the service drive so I can just take it for the rest of the weekend and drop it back Monday to do paperwork and get it cleaned up.

20151107_134712_zpswdwwydjz.jpg

cloud9 said:
What do you know, I found him. Trying to put the front splitter on in the service drive so I can just take it for the rest of the weekend and drop it back Monday to do paperwork and get it cleaned up.

20151107_134712_zpswdwwydjz.jpg

Gorgeous!!! The car looks awesome!

Thanks all. We haven't even PDI'd it yet, but we got it up on the lift and Kevin put the front splitter on while me and the techs were checking out all the goodies. Found the location on the rear arm where you can adjust camber, looked over the brakes, coolers, oil pan (plug is easy to get to and just a 120* turn on a plastic plug with a 3/8" driver to remove), access port for the oil filter, valves and motors to open/close the exhaust etc etc.....lots of good stuff on this car. He gave me some temp plates and I just took off and left my pickup there for the weekend :) I'll give it back to them Monday morning but wanted to get a few miles on it in case we get snow soon. It's going to be near 60 tomorrow so not bad.

As far as driving experience, I only got about 20 or so miles on it so far. It has very good street manners, and the exhaust sounds really good when in sport or track mode. I just drove it in track mode so not sure what the suspension is like in normal or sport yet. There doesn't feel like there's a lot of body roll, but the ride isn't harsh either. It pulls well but it's not a snap your head back feeling like in a supercharged car. It does get to 8250 quicker than I thought and it sneaks up on a hundred really fast :eek: Anyway I have to run to an event tonight and the sun's going down so won't get to drive it much until tomorrow.

20151107_143315_zpsnvmphgz0.jpg

20151107_160444_zpsrttcsah9.jpg

20151107_160504_zps0xnkaag2.jpg

20151107_160528_zpsh9aaa9kg.jpg

Filter access door
20151107_145652_zpsebifudii.jpg

Exaust Cutout
20151107_144740_zpswtncje9g.jpg

Motor Mounts
20151107_144309_zpsis1imwsw.jpg

Oil Cooler
20151107_151155_zpsyu0d33cw.jpg

Trans Cooler
20151107_151200_zpshndbjacf.jpg

Rear Camber Adjustment
20151107_143549_zpsd44utlza.jpg

Maybe 1/4"-3/8" clearance from rim protector to damper
20151107_150219_zpslys9pm6s.jpg

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
cloud9 said:
Thanks all. We haven't even PDI'd it yet, but we got it up on the lift and Kevin put the front splitter on while me and the techs were checking out all the goodies. Found the location on the rear arm where you can adjust camber, looked over the brakes, coolers, oil pan (plug is easy to get to and just a 120* turn on a plastic plug with a 3/8" driver to remove), access port for the oil filter, valves and motors to open/close the exhaust etc etc.....lots of good stuff on this car. He gave me some temp plates and I just took off and left my pickup there for the weekend :) I'll give it back to them Monday morning but wanted to get a few miles on it in case we get snow soon. It's going to be near 60 tomorrow so not bad.

As far as driving experience, I only got about 20 or so miles on it so far. It has very good street manners, and the exhaust sounds really good when in sport or track mode. I just drove it in track mode so not sure what the suspension is like in normal or sport yet. There doesn't feel like there's a lot of body roll, but the ride isn't harsh either. It pulls well but it's not a snap your head back feeling like in a supercharged car. It does get to 8250 quicker than I thought and it sneaks up on a hundred really fast :eek: Anyway I have to run to an event tonight and the sun's going down so won't get to drive it much until tomorrow.

Congrats! Car looks great! Enjoy :)

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Very nice Gary, and you have a great Dealer that let you take the car early.

Good luck and have fun tomorrow with your new car.

302 Hi Pro

Congrats, Gary!!! Anxious to read your first impressions... Really like the color combination, but I'm biased! Kudos to your dealer for letting you take the car over the weekend, too.

Looking forward to this year's 'winter mods - GT350 edition' thread that you'll start tomorrow evening!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel