The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's headed to Hastings for it's first track day at MPH!

cloud9 said:
It just wants to be there in time to celebrate with the Royals ;)
And it made it there before they washed off all the champagne at Citi Field. Arrived at 3:15 a.m. Hopefully it gets headed North in less than 7 weeks ;)

Had a pheasant hunting trip with some clients so tough day, no time for updates :) Oh by the way the car's still in KC, and next in route to Omaha where it will get on a truck. Could take 10 days :eek:....In one day I rode in a bus round trip further than Omaha, bagged a limit, shot sporting clays and got home at a reasonable hour, but it will take 10 days for my car to make it here ::)

My car just got released for shipping AND I am in Kansas City your updates have been helpful in understanding how long it may take to get here.

Face76 said:
My car just got released for shipping AND I am in Kansas City your updates have been helpful in understanding how long it may take to get here.
Good to know. I was hoping it would prove helpful since it's a pretty early car so not many data points yet. Talking to my dealer he said it will go to Omaha then via truck to Sioux Falls which will take up to 10 days more than you'll be waiting hopefully. I assume it will still go on a truck from the KC rail yard to your dealer?

TMSBOSS said:
COOL!! You have escaped the Kansas City Curse!! ;D

Got your camera ready??

Plans for the weekend?
Dealer's more concerned about it sitting in Omaha waiting for a truck. Hopefully it clears there quickly. Would be nice to have it for the weekend, but not expecting it.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
CloudNiner:

This is pretty exciting and I'm even hopeful your new GT350 arrives at your Dealer in time for you to take delivery this week, or this weekend.

Looking forward to your post vehicle delivery reviews, thoughts and driving impressions of your new Shelby GT350.

To help keep you occupied until delivery, please tell me about "your" new vehicle break-in plan and/or procedures as I've seen a few different, (very different, I might add), opinions on this.

Also, and sorry if I've missed this in one of your other post, what Track wheel and tire setup have you decided upon?

I know you have a "No Mod" policy in effect, (Jacking Plates excluded), but do you have plans for any other Race Track Duty only Necessities? (RTDN's) Example: Brake fluid, Race pads, aero? Lastly, what are your thoughts on mileage parameters for the break-in period and expected mileage for your first engine oil and filter change?

Again, thanks so much for sharing.
All the Best,
Hi Pro

TMO Supporting Vendors