The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well with the Boss sold I'm anxiously awaiting the GT350 to get back in the saddle again. I told myself I would be patient and not check status constantly, but now that it's on the move I can't resist. It left Flat Rock, MI on the 28th and was stranded in Battle Creek, MI last night due to a mechanical issue with the train, but it's back on the move and just about to leave the state! Last stop was Marcellus, MI in the Southwestern part of state. Really glad it made it out before the weekend as I'm sure it will continue to move throughout the weekend into next week barring any more mechanicals with the choo choo :)

GT350%20Transit_zpsebfnvt1y.jpg

Cool. Hopefully you're driving it by next weekend. Can you share how you're tracking the rail car?

VooDooBOSS said:
Cool. Hopefully you're driving it by next weekend. Can you share how you're tracking the rail car?
Once you get your rail car # either from your dealer or jmbboss302 in the tracking thread, you call 1-800-235-2352. You can either speak the prompts or enter them on your keypad. First you say "location", then you enter your rail car #. I find it easier to enter the number on the keypad. When entering letters you first enter the number with the letter on it, then the position. So for example, you would enter the letter B by typing 2 then 2. The letter T would be 8 then 1 etc.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Did I ever tell you the story of the Ford Escape I ordered 12 years ago?? I was stationed in Wa. state and ordered the car from home dealer in Il. I gave the car 4 weeks to arrive and planned time off to retrieve.
Simple right??
Bought the plane ticket, departed........no car.

Car made it to within 75 miles of my house in 2 days and sat on the train car, on a siding for weeks.

I ended up buying a car off the lot instead.

Car arrived just before the 8 week max delivery time. After that, the railroad pays fines to Ford.

So you should see the car by Christmas....No Problems!! ;D

TMSBOSS said:
Did I ever tell you the story of the Ford Escape I ordered 12 years ago?? I was stationed in Wa. state and ordered the car from home dealer in Il. I gave the car 4 weeks to arrive and planned time off to retrieve.
Simple right??
Bought the plane ticket, departed........no car.

Car made it to within 75 miles of my house in 2 days and sat on the train car, on a siding for weeks.

I ended up buying a car off the lot instead.

Car arrived just before the 8 week max delivery time. After that, the railroad pays fines to Ford.

So you should see the car by Christmas....No Problems!! ;D
Ouch! Boss took about 10 days to arrive at the dealer so hopefully it works about the same this time.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yep. My Boss came sooner than predicted by the dealer or Ford. Out the door and to the dealer in 2 days. NICE.

Hope the same happens with your new ride!! ;D

The good news about the Escape being delayed was that I let my wife order what ever she wanted. (Wont do that again).
She ordered a 2 wheel drive black XLT. Yea, bad in the snow and ugly. I was able to pick out what I wanted after that. ;) 4 wd blue limited.

ya, for my boss, I was calling that # all the time...it was pretty fun. A little longer trip out to CA so there were lots of calls placed ;-)
Congrats on getting the boss sold and on getting the GT350 so quickly. I got another nut punch yesterday when my dealer updated my build week...pushed back to weed of Dec 7 (after originally being scheduled to be built Aug 24).
Looking forward to pics and impressions of your bumble bee.

We're cooking with gas now. Made it to Valparaiso already. Just hope it gets through Chi town in a reasonable time......typically a chokepoint :mad:

GT350%20Transit_zpsnietn3mr.jpg

fuhrius said:
Looking forward to pics and impressions of your bumble bee.
My son didn't want me to order yellow because he said Camaro "owned" that color with "Bumblebee" from a movie I've never seen. I told him that was fine, the Bumblebee should be ready to meet the Wasp on the track ;)

cloud9 said:
My son didn't want me to order yellow because he said Camaro "owned" that color with "Bumblebee" from a movie I've never seen. I told him that was fine, the Bumblebee should be ready to meet the Wasp on the track ;)

Transformers is the only reason yellow Camaros are being baught, IMO. Many I see have that stupid Transformers chrome plastic badge stuck on the trunk...

Anyways...enjoy your 350's!

cloud9 said:

I had no idea that bumblebee was a movie reference. I was referencing my wife's early-90's yellow mustang gt (with black interior) that she, affectionately, named the bumblebee.

I have the exact same build ordered. Just need a build date. Rep told dealer car would be scheduled next week. I've heard this before so we'll see. Fun to watch your car moving Gary. Hope you get it soon.

kona302 said:
I have the exact same build ordered. Just need a build date. Rep told dealer car would be scheduled next week. I've heard this before so we'll see. Fun to watch your car moving Gary. Hope you get it soon.
You and Rick should be close to the same schedule then. It seems they're really cranking them out now. Hopefully yours gets pulled next week.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel