The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Where's Waldo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

After three days of driving I'm getting a better feel for the car. It seems I've scrubbed the tires and brake pads in some. The grip just keeps getting better and the pads are starting to bite really well. At first I was pretty convinced I wouldn't run these pads on the track, but now that they're finally starting to bed in, I'm hopeful they'll be good. I intentionally haven't pushed the brakes as I wanted to season in the rotors before trying too many aggressive stops.

I have to say I really like this car :)

boss1 said:
How does it feel weight wise in comparison to the Boss?
It feels about the same driving around town. It's hard to get a good feel for it until I get it on track though. It definitely handles much better than the Boss in stock form though. I'd say it handles better than the Boss did with 295/315 R6s on it, but stops and accelerates better, not to mention rides much more comfortably on the street.

cloud9 said:
The steering wheel has a great feel, and noticeably smaller than the Boss.

That's interesting because the GT350 steering wheel is actually a tad bit larger diameter than the GT's steering wheel (I got my hands on a GT350 steering wheel that is going into my GT).

As for your car, Gary, it looks sweet. Don't think we'll lose sight of you out on the track. ;D

bandit67 said:
That's interesting because the GT350 steering wheel is actually a tad bit larger diameter than the GT's steering wheel (I got my hands on a GT350 steering wheel that is going into my GT).

As for your car, Gary, it looks sweet. Don't think we'll lose sight of you out on the track. ;D
Just wanted people to see me when approaching from behind Ed! :p

Face76 said:
My car just hit the dealership this morning. Got a 7:30 am call from the dealer and will pick up tonight.
Congratulations! That's great news! Hey just a heads up, the instructions for installing the front splitter aren't great and we probably could have saved a little time if we had this video. You may want to forward it to your dealer if they haven't found it already. Since most dealers will get ONE car, they won't have experience installing it.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/videos/GT350Splitter_3PieceFINAL.mp4

This video is for the GT350. There's a separate video for the R, but they should be able to search it on Ford's sytem.

Thanks!

I called and they had just found the video themselves since this is the only one they will be getting..

Getting more comfortable with the car after a little more seat time. The stance is fantastic. It definitely pulls hard. I am amazed how fast it goes from 0-100......not sure what the actual time is, but it feels like it gets there really quick (in Canada of course) I'm trying to get the brakes "seasoned" without pushing them too hard yet. It's interesting there's not bedding instructions like there was for the Boss so I'm just following my "normal" process. I'd have to say they feel like a PFC PF01 in terms of bite. I'm pretty sure I'll be looking for a Hawk DTC70/60 combo again. I'm not sure if they have them for the GT350 yet.

On another note, there are a ton of new features and I'm just getting familiar with them. There's "Hill Assist" which I figured out when there was no rollback on steep hill starts. It seems like a good idea since you're putting less stress on the driveline versus rollback. Any reason to turn it off? When I was setting up my phone it asked about 911 assist which I turned off in the off-chance I had a Z28 experience on track where it called On-Star ::) When I turned it off it asked if I wanted "Voice Reminder" and I said No. Anyone know what that does?

At first I thought you had to turn off AdvanceTrac like we did in the Boss where you hold the button while applying the brake for 5 seconds. You can turn it off that way, but it also turns off when you put it in Track Mode. I was able to verify it by looking at the "Status Screen".

20151114_110725_zpszxgfojhi.jpg

There's AdvanceTrac and Traction Control on the GT that each can be turned off separately. Holding the button in (or toggle) for 5-6 seconds turns off AdvanceTrac. Not sure if it works the same way on the 350. There should be a section in the owners manual that gets into detail on exactly what changes what parameters.
911 assist simply uses your phone to dial 911 if you don't in the event of an airbag deployment. All other Fords will bug you each time you start the vehicle if you turn that feature off. Sounds like turning off voice reminder will keep the system from bugging you, on the GT350 - that's not an option on the other models I don't believe.
Can't figure any situations where Hill Start Assist would be detrimental. It's a nice feature on the manual transmission. Your F150 should have that feature too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bandit67 said:
There's AdvanceTrac and Traction Control on the GT that each can be turned off separately. Holding the button in (or toggle) for 5-6 seconds turns off AdvanceTrac. Not sure if it works the same way on the 350. There should be a section in the owners manual that gets into detail on exactly what changes what parameters.
911 assist simply uses your phone to dial 911 if you don't in the event of an airbag deployment. All other Fords will bug you each time you start the vehicle if you turn that feature off. Sounds like turning off voice reminder will keep the system from bugging you, on the GT350 - that's not an option on the other models I don't believe.
Can't figure any situations where Hill Start Assist would be detrimental. It's a nice feature on the manual transmission. Your F150 should have that feature too.

Yea the GT350 has the drive mode option and if you select Track Mode it turns off AdvanceTrac based on the status screenshot I posted. It doesn't tell you that in the manual. You can separately turn off TC and AdvanceTrac just like in the Boss, but Track Mode defaults to AdvanceTrac off.

Good to know on the 911 assist. That makes sense now. Thanks.

Face76 said:
How are you liking the Recaros?

The bolsters are pretty stiff.
Yes, how do you like the seats? The seats are based on the Boss Recaro's with higher bolsters and some cosmetic changes.

A couple of other questions:

1. If you leave the car in Sport mode will it stay that way when you turn it off or does it have to be reset each time you start the car?
2. Do you notice any engine vibration when revving the car out?

VooDooBOSS said:
Yes, how do you like the seats? The seats are based on the Boss Recaro's with higher bolsters and some cosmetic changes.
Sorry I missed that post last night. I like the seats a lot. They fit me even better than the Boss seats and the bolsters are definitely more supportive. They really keep you planted in the seat, and are very comfortable.

VooDooBOSS said:
A couple of other questions:

1. If you leave the car in Sport mode will it stay that way when you turn it off or does it have to be reset each time you start the car?
2. Do you notice any engine vibration when revving the car out?
Unfortunately no, if you run in Track Mode or Sport Mode you have to select it every time. It may be a requirement for passing DOT noise limits since the open exhaust is likely too loud to pass.

I was going to mention this yesterday. There is noticeable vibration running through the shifter (driveline) when revving it out. It's not to a level to be unnerving or annoying, but you can definitely feel it. Feels like racecar :)

Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Michigan
bandit67 said:

My interpretation of p27-8 of the GT350 supplement is that selecting track mode provides less active yaw and traction control, but it is still active. Disabling yaw and traction control would require selecting both Track mode and ESC off for every key on....

Black Boss said:
My interpretation of p27-8 of the GT350 supplement is that selecting track mode provides less active yaw and traction control, but it is still active. Disabling yaw and traction control would require selecting both Track mode and ESC off for every key on....
That was my assumption too, but was basing the above on the status screen the indicates AdvanceTrac off when I selected Track Mode. I didn't hold down ESC off with the brake on for 5 seconds in that case. If you do hold the button down with the brake on, AdvanceTrac Off will appear in the display screen. So.....unsure. With the cooler temps on top of not wanting to wreck my street tires, I haven't gotten the car far enough out of sorts to test it ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel