The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

'16 R available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am aware of a '16 R with Tech Pk in ATL. Buyer backed out is now available for $15k ADM. Its DIB, blk roof, blk OTT. Message me if you're interested.

I am not involved with the dealer or have vested interest. Just passing along in case someone is looking.

A little steep for my wallet. At 10K ADM I might be a buyer.

VoodooBOSS said:
A little steep for my wallet. At 10K ADM I might be a buyer.

are you sure?
At 10G's and the cost of an R compared to a TP at list price. Its not worth it.
put 10G's into your TP car and you will be ahead of the game.

It killed me to pay 2500 ADM on my Boss. I said to myself never again. Thats money lost before you even have the car. Let alone of having to listen to my financial advisor.....My Wife! ;D

You make the best choice in getting the GT 350.
The GT350 with TP is the way to go for your needs

superhero said:
are you sure?
At 10G's and the cost of an R compared to a TP at list price. Its not worth it.
put 10G's into your TP car and you will be ahead of the game.

It killed me to pay 2500 ADM on my Boss. I said to myself never again. Thats money lost before you even have the car. Let alone of having to listen to my financial advisor.....My Wife! ;D

You make the best choice in getting the GT 350.
The GT350 with TP is the way to go for your needs
I've always told myself that I'd never pay ADM for a new car. I thought I had an R at $10K over last summer. I met with the dealer with my check book in hand ready to write a check for the deposit. The GM met with me and told me is was not an R but still wanted $10K over. I left feeling better that I didn't pay any ADM. I already had a TP as MSRP, plus $350 for the courtesy delivery from a local dealer where I purchased my Boss for MSRP, from a dealer in MI. With that said I might do it again. There are actually things on the R electronics package, that's what I'd order as it's too hot here in the Summer for no AC, that I wouldn't want like the Sirius antenna, turn signals in the mirrors and NAV. I'll be fine with the TP and with lighter wheels and the same PSC2 tires there will only be a minor difference in performance and that will come down to the driver.

Car is at Nalley Ford. When I spoke to sales guy yday, he told me the buyer just backed out. So car never made it online. Car was sold couple hours later (I think) for $20k ADM. Not a bit surprised; not sure where the production # is but the R is a pretty rare car right now. $15-20K is about where the market is on Rs.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Very simply the R is not worth $15k to $20K ADM. I would pay list and that's it. Some guy is advertising his R for $175K. I'd hate to wake up the next morning after dropping $175K on that R. Quite a hang over.

The craze was nuts for the Boss too at first with $10K+ ADMs. Now look at them. You can buy a nice mid mileage standard Boss in the mid $30k's. A real low mileage LS will still cost you $45K though but less than list.

For $15K to $20K I can build a Boss that will be faster than an R. Main delta is the tires anyway.

Plus once production of the R picks up (500 to 1000 per year) you will be able to buy them at MSRP.

I can afford to pay the $15K-$20K but I would feel like a schmuck doing it. I'll wait.

Lesson: Wanted a GT500KR. Dealer wanted $105K for it. Waited. Bought the same car for $62K a year later. I'm glad I waited!.

Not a single bit of info leaked has eluded to there being anywhere close to 1000 R's per year. Given there were only ~750 LS cars and the R is full of more specialized components. Given <50 2016 R's have been made thus, I can see them not even reaching 500 units a year.

And while the R may not be worth 15-20k over to you, that isnt to say others don't feel the same way. So if they are buying them up, there won't be many left at MSRP. But you really stand to lose nothing to wait, so I hope you are right. I'd love to snag one later on if at all possible.

Indeed, and the 15-20k over is a drop in the bucket compared to some of the ADMs they are paying for the GT cars these days. I don't even want to quote some of the numbers that have been rumored for the 911R

REAL 1

Even production at 500 per year will drop the ADMs. I'm on the list at my dealer for an R at MSRP so I'll wait for their allocations. Also on the list at my Porsche dealer for the GT3RS at list..again waiting for allocations.

This is the year of the ADM. Its nuts.

I'll buy whichever comes in first at list since allocations are not a sure thing with either in the short term.

Correct me if I am wrong but the Boss LS was just as specialized except for the cf wheels. The only true specialized part on the R are the cf wheels. Likely very few guys will even track their cars with the cf wheels for fear of damage.

Yes, if others are buying the R at $15K to $20K over it clearly is worth it to those guys who have to "have it NOW". Just like it was worth to those that paid the $10K+ ADMs on their Bosses years ago when they had to have it NOW.

When the craze dies down and production increases and more competition comes along the cars will be able to be had at MSRP. I'm saving my $$$ for now.

Worth is subjective. Market is price at which buyer and seller are agreeing to. So again market is around $15-20k ADM for an R.

REAL 1 said:
Even production at 500 per year will drop the ADMs. I'm on the list at my dealer for an R at MSRP so I'll wait for their allocations. Also on the list at my Porsche dealer for the GT3RS at list..again waiting for allocations.
The MY16 allocations have already been distributed, so if your dealer didn't get one this year, decent chances they wont get one for MY17 as well. So what happens if your dealer never gets the allocation and you still want one?

I can't think of any Business Model that Ford could have created or copied, that would have them spend thousands of Dollars to to make such a fantastic car, and then not want to re-capture their investment, plus make a profit. How could anyone actually believe that all of the 2016 allocations for "R" GT350 have already been awarded, when part of the Formula is based on how many GT350's you sell. In order for Ford to make money on these cars, they have to sell in a volume larger than the Boss.
This also holds true for any other specialty Mustangs that come to Market. Future Mach 1's, GT500's etc.
Volume cures all ill's in a Business, and enhances the bottom line. Ford is running a Business that has to fight for every dollar that falls to the profit side. They are not interested in making toys for the wealthy. These cars, both versions are still Mustangs, not exotic Italian, German low production sports cars.

GT390 said:
How could anyone actually believe that all of the 2016 allocations for "R" GT350 have already been awarded, when part of the Formula is based on how many GT350's you sell.

Not exactly, the formula is based on how many GT350s you were allocated, and that allocation process was based on previous year mustang sales. Larger dealers were allocated 1 R for every 3 GT350s they were allocated and 100 were distributed to other dealers via lottery. Some folks had the exact plan emailed to them by dealers. So of course it could change, but everything that has happened to date seems to align with this.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39382&d=1440459286

Order banks close in 2 months and no Rs have been made since late November, so it isnt exactly looking favorable that the flood gates will open for more R allocations. They might in fact release a few allocations in the next month or two, but nothing I would be willing to bet on.

REAL 1

krt22 said:
The MY16 allocations have already been distributed, so if your dealer didn't get one this year, decent chances they wont get one for MY17 as well. So what happens if your dealer never gets the allocation and you still want one?

I buy one from a dealer that gets them when more become available and start to hit the the market and things die down. In no rush.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel