The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Bill Pemberton said:
John, trolling for those 55 year old Cougars again-----------fast on and off the track , with a one track mind.

55? Man, I wouldn't want to cut-in on your party :)

That silver and red cougar from last year... they coming back? Sweet car.

JScheier said:
Come on Gary, you could have actually shown a car (yours?) driving through the alfalfa :)

I don't see a cougar on the list. Are they not coming back this year? That was a cool car!
That was a smokin' Cougar ;) I only wish I had a pic of my car mowing the alfalfa. I can't believe I didn't get a pic of it after it went through the cooling ducts, hit the rotors and started smoking like Bob Marley ;D

JScheier said:
Bill Pemberton said:
John, trolling for those 55 year old Cougars again-----------fast on and off the track , with a one track mind.

55? Man, I wouldn't want to cut-in on your party :)

That silver and red cougar from last year... they coming back? Sweet car.
I haven't heard. I'll have to check with George. That thing was sweet.

We need to lock this in now. Forecast for next Friday, Saturday and Sunday is as follows:

FREAKIN' PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Fri High of 76 and Sunny 0% chance of rain
Sat High of 76 and Sunny 0% chance of rain
Sun High of 77 and Sunny 0% chance of rain

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
I believe I sweat enough last year to kill the drought.

We should close registration! High probability that a late registration could be bad JuJu!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Close registration ???? We are at 16 Bosses, just 4 more to go and we could have 20 of these beasts show up in a small town in Nebraska ( pop. 25,000 ).
That would be way cool !!!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
[email protected] - scan in your registration

Registration Form can be scanned and sent in to George Anderson , Track Mgr. or you can fax it in , attn: George at 402-463-0011

Sorry we just noticed the registration does not list this and plenty of you are deciding to make this event. We seem to be closing in on 75 for the Car Show and the track time, so let's see if we can't bust 100 -- then maybe next year we can get Ford to not only have 5 Engineers present, but it can be a Ford Sponsored event.

Woodhouse Ford is very pleased to be one of the sponsors, but wow, if we had Corporate also contribute , imagine what could happen next year?

Just went out a seasoned a fresh set of rotors after getting the Boss back together. After driving the GT500 for the last couple weeks I was surprised how much I missed the Boss. I am getting so excited to shred some tires next weekend I almost wet myself! ;D

cloud9 said:
Just saw the latest registration list and there's another big surprise. I want to confirm it with George, but stay tuned ;)
It's confirmed, Justin Starkey one of the most well known Mustang tuners in the country will be there with his 2013 Boss 302! Justin tuned my GT500 making 640 rwhp/625 rwtq on a TVS and stock fuel system and it drives like stock. I have 36k on the Shelby now and have beat it like a rented mule, but it still runs like a scalded dog. I'm really excited that Justin finally got a Boss and will be looking forward to hearing what he can do to "speed mine up" just a bit ;)

Here's the schedule and it's a full one 8)

[pdf]http://www.racemph.com/Mustang-Ford-Roundup-Ponies-On-The-Plains-Schedule-2012-OnePage-9-15-12.pdf[/pdf]

OK, just a few housekeeping items for this weekend:

1) Registration will be available at the track on Friday during the day, Friday evening at the museum and Saturday morning at the track. Please note that if you are bringing a spouse/guest/friend, the cost for the Saturday night BBQ is $10 (cash only). This meal is included in your registration for particiapants.

2) The "street" drag racing is Saturday night and is optional. It does have its own Top Pony trophies by class, but also contributes points to the overall awards for the weekend. The cost is $30 (cash only). The cars that are participating will be asked to grid in the road course staging lanes before the BBQ and pay at that point. The racing will be held after dinner, but make sure to abstain from the bar if you're participating as you will not be allowed to race after even one drink.

3) It's the end of the season and his supply of Sunoco GT260 race fuel is limited. If you are in need of a significant amount, please contact George now. Bosselman's Pump & Pantry near the track has 91+ premium.

Looking forward to a great weekend! 8)

Another registration just rolled in from Springfield, MO for a GHIG 2013! I think that's the only GHIG registered and puts the number of Bosses well into the 20s. We're pushing 80 cars and they're still coming in.

We've got a really nice mix from across the country. So far we have people coming from 11 states including:

CO, FL, IA, IN, KS, MI, MO, NE, SD, TX and WY

George sent me a pic of some of the trophies you guys are battling for and they look great 8)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Way to go Gary, as the old klutz ,here, doesn't know how to post all the stuff George sends us . You are doing a stellar job and for those of you who wonder why the two of us are getting so stinking excited, and posting every other minute, it is simple.......................we have gone from around 50 participants just a few weeks ago to close to 100 now.

Help George out and pre-register by fax or email , as he does have to have an idea on food and other items ( like arranging the paddock ). Plus I told him he better stock up the Clubhouse, as with all the folks coming from so far away, they may have built up a powerful thirst,ha.
Fax 402-463-0011 attn: George Anderson
[email protected] if you scan the registration ( available at www.race.mph.com)

Friday 70 degrees , chance of rain 0%
Saturday 69 degrees, chance of rain 0%
Sunday 69 degrees, chance of rain 0%

I hope everyone has a safe and great time this weekend at the Roundup! I've been asked by many if I'm attending this year and unfortunately I have to work again and can't get the time off. However, I WILL make it next year no matter what the cost.

I look forward to reading all the stories and checking out all the pictures when they get posted. Enjoy everyone!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel