The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Latest Count from George Anderson;

21 New Boss 302s
13 New GT 500s ( 2007 ---2013 )
2 AC Shelby Cobra Continuation Series Beasts
2 Cobra Jet Drag Cars
4-5 Old Bosses ( including a 429 )
2-3 Shelby Mustangs ( including 2 GT 500s )
2-3 Cobra Rs
2-4 Older Mach 1s
1 Shelby Super Snake

..................and tons of other cool Stangs, Fords and a Mercury Comet.

Now get that registration in soon, as you still have today and tomorrow.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Ford

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You need to try an entice him somewhere a bit closer , like Mid Ohio . Still a haul for you , but a ton shorter for Gary.

There could be others, but as much as I like VIR, that is one heck of a drive from the Midwest.

If events like the one at Hastings keep growing, it might happen that there is a Bossstock Event ,somewhere in the middle of the US where a larger number of drivers can attend.

The fact that Hastings is very close to the Geographical Center of the 48 Continental States, means this event has the possibility of getting even larger next year, but if you and Gary want to get together , a drive to someplace like Putnam Park ( in Indiana ) might get you two to find a happy medium for a run together ( gosh I feel like I am setting up a date for you two, ha ).

Bill Pemberton said:
You need to try an entice him somewhere a bit closer , like Mid Ohio . Still a haul for you , but a ton shorter for Gary.

There could be others, but as much as I like VIR, that is one heck of a drive from the Midwest.

If events like the one at Hastings keep growing, it might happen that there is a Bossstock Event ,somewhere in the middle of the US where a larger number of drivers can attend.

The fact that Hastings is very close to the Geographical Center of the 48 Continental States, means this event has the possibility of getting even larger next year, but if you and Gary want to get together , a drive to someplace like Putnam Park ( in Indiana ) might get you two to find a happy medium for a run together ( gosh I feel like I am setting up a date for you two, ha ).
Next June, Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI. Bring lots of rotors ;D

http://gttrackdays.com/index.html

smittytx said:
Really bumed I can't make this. :(

I'm pushing for my car to be ready for my next NASA race on Sept. 6th.
We'll hold a spot for ya next year smitty ;) Good luck on your next race.....I'm assuming you mean Oct 6th.

GA
Bill Pemberton said:

VIR is about 8 hours for me. I want to get there at least once. There are several tracks I woud like to do a 7-10 day long distance vacation tour of if I can find dates close enough together. Usually in the fall dates for Leguna Seca, Thunder Hill and Infineon end up within 7 days, which would make an awesome trip.

PJWANNABE said:
Usually in the fall dates for Leguna Seca, Thunder Hill and Infineon end up within 7 days, which would make an awesome trip.
Come on out and I'll join you. :D Those are the three tracks local to me. The name Infineon is gone and now it's just called Sonoma. TH is perfect in the Fall and I've got two dates scheduled there in October. The NorCal Shelby club has their Fall Classic there every year.

http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/1210th.htm

Car and gear are loaded. I'm going to be testing the limits of my 6 banger tow vehicle. Lots of extra tires, rotors etc :eek:

Getting pretty excited and looking forward to seeing everyone there!

drano38

Wayne
I'll load up in the morning and push from there.
I'll take the Interstate route, and get to Hastings in the evening.
Gonna be a great weekend!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Loaded up and get there this evening , leaving after work, so should pull in around 9 pm--- it is about 2 hours and 45 minutes from my house.

Still some time to register if you fax in or email to George today ---- info all over this thread on how to do that.

Gary, glad you are bringing extra rotors, that way if I destroy one I can just borrow one of yours, ha.

All the stuff is in the car ---- just like the old days, no trailer, just load up the machine, bring as much stuff as possible and then borrow what you forgot from folks like Gary, hehe.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
PJWANNABE said:
Usually in the fall dates for Leguna Seca, Thunder Hill and Infineon end up within 7 days, which would make an awesome trip.
Come on out and I'll join you. :D Those are the three tracks local to me. The name Infineon is gone and now it's just called Sonoma. TH is perfect in the Fall and I've got two dates scheduled there in October. The NorCal Shelby club has their Fall Classic there every year.

http://www.norcal-saac.org/news/1210th.htm

Rick, I'll definitely let you know when I plan that trip! I thought I hadn't heard the name Infineon used in a while.

5 DOT 0 said:
Any update from the roundup?
Sorry it's been a whirlwind weekend. Got home late last night and trying to get caught up at work ;D Anyway here's a brief synopsis:

- Almost 100 Mustangs!

-Perfect weather for 3 days 8)

- 5 Ford engineers DROVE from Detroit bringing their own Boss cars to the event. That's how passionate they are about this car that they actually purchased them personally. By the way, they also "troll" the forums and want to hear our feedback, good and bad and when we can provide them with accurate info as they are eager to continually improve the product. They do listen to us customers and particularly the enthusiasts who have a passion for these great cars. On top of that, they can drive! Todd won the stock class road race, Chuck won the stock drag race and Tom took 2nd in the stock road race.

- We had activities non-stop including practice open track time, autocross, drag race and road race competition. A legendary Bacardi bus ride on track (and through the alfalfa ;D), car show, BBQ and a very cool presentation from Ford about the Boss.

My personal best story of the weekend was a bit unusual. I rolled my car off the trailer on Thursday night and my wife says "what's this puddle of fluid all over the trailer by the front wheels?". My heart sank and I thought I was done before the weekend even started. Immediately a couple guys from a nearby trailer came over to help diagnose and assess the situation. I opened the hood and the coolant reservoir was full. I pulled the dipstick and oil was full. I wondered about trans fluid, but it was clear so it couldn't be that. Finally we pulled a wheel and both struts were soaked....hydraulic fluid from the front struts. I had just had some work done and both struts were reinstalled in the process. There had been an accident during reinstall and the shafts had been gouged. The action of the suspension on the trailer was enough to tear the seals on both of them. Now here I sit in South Central, NE at 8 p.m. EDT on a Thursday night before the event I've been helping organize all year :'( I'm thinking I'm dead in the water because it's not like I can just pick up a set of Ford Racing struts at the local O'Reilly's, or order them from a vendor to get them here in time.

I figured I need to try a Hail Mary and see if I could reach Mark Wilson and see if there was any hope of salvaging the weekend. Fortunately I was able to connect with him while he was at the SCCA runoffs at Road America (way to give those Vette's hell btw ;)) and explained my dilemma. He just asked one question....."what's the address of the track". George was standing right there and gave it to me, then George made one phone call to the UPS lady at the local airstrip. At 8 a.m. Saturday there was supposedly going to be a plane with a box on it and I didn't even know Hastings had an airport!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

If you ever wondered if FRPP parts are worth it, I can tell you unequivocably, YES! This was so far above and beyond I just can't thank Mark enough.

A big thanks also goes to John Scheier and my buddy Kevin for helping get the struts off the car and Loran Kellar from Open Track Connection in Dallas who simply said "Don't worry dude, I'll have them disassembled and back on your car in less than an hour. Just run to O'Reilly's and get a spring compressor and we'll be set". I would HIGHLY recommend Loran's shop to anyone looking to make their Mustang fast. All you have to do is look what he did with his '93 SVT Cobra and see how he put down the fastest lap of the weekend and had never been to the track before. On top of that he's just a super nice guy along with his brother Matt.

Anyway by 9:30 a.m. on Saturday morning I was up and running and got to really enjoy an amazing and memorable weekend. This event grew so much this year and we've got even bigger things planned for next year. It will definitely be something you won't want to miss!

TMO Supporting Vendors