The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2nd Annual Mustang/Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

5 DOT 0 said:
Looks like a good time and I'm glad your car was repaired so you could participate. I see a Fox bodied SVT Cobra put down the fastest time. Hopefully someone posts a photo of that car.

Edit: is this the car?
That's the one!

Great story, glad it all worked out for you. The guys at Ford really love their work and helping the owners out when they can, proven by story after story.

Hopefully someone took some in-car vids, would love to see them.

drano38

Wayne
I've got a bunch of single-lap video on my phone.
Haven't had time to transfer it to my computer.
I'll find a good lap or 2, then try to upload it somewhere so you can see it.

Of course, video didn't work on the lap I passed a '13 GT500. :( It was his first track day ever, so he was learning this track stuff.

A great track weekend with other Mustang enthusiasts!

2012YellowBoss said:
Great story, glad it all worked out for you. The guys at Ford really love their work and helping the owners out when they can, proven by story after story.

Hopefully someone took some in-car vids, would love to see them.
Dean#4A1 took some. Hopefully he'll post them up later when he gets some time. There was one time I actually wished I had put a camera in the car. It was when I was chasing the Chicane CO Boss and he spun it right in the middle of track coming around #13. I was waiting for him to spin off to one side or the other becuase I was turning a pretty fast lap and didn't want to shut it down right before the start/finish line, but he ended up coming to a stop smack dab in the middle of the track. I don't think he realized I saw the whole thing going down and still had time to avoid him because he threw it into reverse and backed the h*** right out of there! :eek: My wife was in the timing shack watching the whole thing and when he slammed it in reverse she said the track announcer made the comment "that was the best maneuver of the weekend! ;D"

Another one that I'm glad wasn't on video was passing Todd and his dad Doug (they were on stock tires), then promptly mowing the alfalfa off of turn 3 ;D Doug simply said afterward, "I didn't know you'd get so excited passing an old man" :D George told me he was going to charge me by the bushel :'(

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Gary,

By the way , congratulations on joining Team F.A.R.T. , and I will absolutely make sure you get your honorary sticker and membership badge next year. Sorry they were not quite completed this year, but your bushel of new mown hay definitely deserves kudos from the guys and we heartily welcome you into the Club. Be proud to show your badge of honor at racing events, and remember, not everyone is skilled enough to be a F.A.R.T. driver!!!
F.A.R.T.

Ford Alfalfa Racing Team

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton

The Old F.A.R.T.

Some pics from the event:

Staged and ready:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Ford boys:

Todd and his Dad Doug with # LS022 from both 2012 and 2013

Winner's Circle:

Some of the car show entrants:

Opening night at the Super Screen Theatre:

The nemesis Turn 12:

Very cool, your friends 5.0 looks bad a$$. Is the guy on the right in the photo below the same guy we met at Boss TA at MMP?

mfrufordteamatmuseum044.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
Very cool, your friends 5.0 looks bad a$$. Is the guy on the right in the photo below the same guy we met at Boss TA at MMP?

mfrufordteamatmuseum044.jpg
No different guy. That's Tom Barnes on the right who is the Mustang Vehicle Engineering Manager. Here he is pictured with Leno:

tombarnes.jpg

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
You guys really know how to hurt us non-participants, don't you ? ;D

(PS: I think Gary needs to change his forum name to "Alfalfa")
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QVjXebGz8E[/youtube]

cloud9 said:
Some pics from the event:

The nemesis Turn 12:

Yikes! It was my biggest butt pucker moment of the weekend especially since turn 12 had already ruined 3 other drivers weekend.

Kevin and I were playing a little cat and mouse for several laps. After looking at that picture, I'm not sure how I missed the cones. Great times! ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
George Anderson will be posting the times a little later on the track website. I am not sure ,but he may also send them out to the participants via email . I know he will be doing some correspondence with everyone when he gets a moment, but the times will likely be available by the end of the week or early next - hope that helps?

www.racemph.com

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

Dean#4AI said:
Gary - Are the final times posted anywhere?
No, but I have Sunday's at my desk. I'll scan it and post it up. You're going to be doing some woodcarving buddy and we totally forgot about it during awards ceremony. I'm going back down 10/19-10/20 and would be happy to carve it for you or you can wait until next year. Your call. George is supposed to be contacting all the guys who were sub 1:40 to get them on the table.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel