The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

AUTO-BLiP Install and Calibration Info for the S197/BOSS 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Auto-Blip Install and Instruction Information

steveespo said:
EZ pass style high strength 3M Dual Lock Velcro tape. Can hold 5 lbs per inch very securely. To remove, heat with a hair dryer and peel off. No drilling, no residue and you can remove the device for security if you need to.
Steve
That's what I use for my GPS lap timer display and antenna. Works great!

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

steveespo said:
My unit ships Monday. Might get it installed before next Saturday at Lime Rock. We'll see. I let everyone know how I like it.
Steve

Steve - I expect to see yours on Saturday fully integrated into the dash in such a way that Dr. Ferdinand Porsche would be proud ! ;D

(for all you who don't know Steve, he's almost as anal as I am. Maybe worse.... ::) )

PeteInCT said:
Steve - I expect to see yours on Saturday fully integrated into the dash in such a way that Dr. Ferdinand Porsche would be proud ! ;D

(for all you who don't know Steve, he's almost as anal as I am. Maybe worse.... ::) )

Last time I saw his car he had a spreadsheet laminated on the radiator cover with all the factory specs on it. Pretty cool.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

My Auto Blip unit arrived today, Cathy Parker is very nice, she sent me a personal email when it shipped and mentioned that they are watching the action on our board and want to do everything they can to help us enjoy their product. Great customer service. I don't think I will get it installed for Saturday as I also got a few other items to complete this install:
DSC_0006-1_zps522eac4a.jpg

Did this and got it all running:

DiffCooler001_zpsef6a1155.jpg

DiffCooler002_zps88344be5.jpg

DiffCooler003_zpsb5d468cb.jpg

Now have to install this:
DiffCooler004_zpsc5842083.jpg

The gauge will be mounted in the roll bar cup in my rear view vision on the passenger side down bar of my Cool Tech bar. Plan on marking the bezel green from 140-200, yellow 200-225 and red 225-250 so i can see what it is running at by a glance.

Also still have to adjust camber and swap my race wheelsand load the the trailer by Friday night....ah maybe I can get it done.
Steve

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

Is that little red button for the ejector seat? ;D

(nice job with the rear diff cooler dude !).

AUTO-BLiP

Supporting Vendor
Houston

Hello All,

Wanted to let everyone know that AUTO-BLiP will be at Chuckwalla Valley Raceway this coming weekend for the ProAutoSports event!
We will have demo units for anyone interested on trying the AUTO-BLiP with no obligation to buy!
Don't miss this great opportunity!

Thanks,
Andres
Tractive Technology, LLC
[email protected]
www.AUTO-BLiP.com

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

i need auto-blip to contact me. i have called numerous times yesterday with no answer. i checked all leads and double checked. i tested to verify all wire taps had a connection. all the wire colors match up to the instructions. the brake LED is lit when not on the brake and off when on the brake. it now blips when i press the clutch in without brake. i need this fixed today to have any hope of trying it out this weekend.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland

all fixed up. thanks Andres!

turns out i have a different than expected wire color set on my accelerator connector. if you had 2 blue/white wires like i do, tap the second wire in.

Anyone try this on their Boss at the track yet? This sounds great!

NFSBOSS said:
LS110 and I used AB on the academy cars we drove last month at CVR and it worked very well. That's why I started this thread. ;)

Did you install one on your car?
I'm definitely interested in this, I'll be ordering tomorrow! Can't wait for memorial weekend at VIR!!

PeteInCT said:
My concern here is that you won't have the ability to learn to match rev's if this is installed. Or learn how to do heel/toe well if you haven't learned yet at all. I guess I'm too old school... ;D

I'm going to have to side with Pete on this one. If you don't learn how to smoothly heel/toe, what happens if you go back to tracking an older car?

I've trying to heel toe on the back roads for over a year and haven't had much success. I've tried the side of my foot and my heal nether seems to work. I don't think I have the coordination to pull it off. I would think concentrating more on driving then fumbling around with a technically challenged foot would be more beneficial. Those that can heel/toe, more power to you, but for some it just may not work.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN

racered302 said:
I've trying to heel toe on the back roads for over a year and haven't had much success. I've tried the side of my foot and my heal nether seems to work. I don't think I have the coordination to pull it off. I would think concentrating more on driving then fumbling around with a technically challenged foot would be more beneficial. Those that can heel/toe, more power to you, but for some it just may not work.

I find that heel toe practice on public roads at even sporty speeds is not easy because your brake application is different, the time you have on the brakes is less so you don't get a good flow of motion before you are already stopped or really slow on the street. On track you are hitting that brake pedal with a lot of force so your foot is more planted when you pivot to blip the throttle. I am very fluid and smooth on track, very jerky if I try it on the road. If you are having trouble, get an instructor at your next event to give you tips, but more importantly he will spot for you on track to make sure you have room around you to practice without you trying to do 5 things at once. It really helps, I still ask for instructors at new tracks just for check rides and to get info on good lines, brake points and the danger areas that I may or may not be aware of. DE instructors are awesome people, I don't know how they do it without sh!tting themselves with some of the antics rookies put them through. I know I could never do it, really not a good high speed passenger, sometimes I want to fly the plane if you know what I mean.
Steve

Thanks for your input! There is boat load of things I don't know and I'd be a lier if I said I did. Make sense what you said, I'm not heading in to a turn at 100mph on the street so the distance is a lot shorter, not much time to figure out what I'm doing. I like the auto blip idea, I'm still entertaining the idea. Thanks again for your insight.

NFSBOSS said:
The same thing I'm doing now...learning how to heel/toe and doing a crappy job of it. ;)

The one thing that use to screw me up, was shifting to soon in the braking zone. If you wait till the end of your braking to shift, you won't need as big of a blip. The thing to practice on the street is being smooth with your braking and heal/toe shifting right before you turn. If you can master that on the street, then the only thing that changes at the track is the amount of force you apply to the brake pedal.

drano38

Wayne

I didn't get heel/toe figured out until Track Attack. Even though I read about it, I had the order wrong, so it wasn't working.
Key points for me:
Get right foot in proper position on brake pedal so I can reach the gas--I'm pretty methodical putting my foot on the brake.
Towards end of brake zone (as BossJockey just said), clutch, blip, shift, clutch out, back to maintenance throttle, and roll into the turn.
If you've got access to a quite country road where you can drive 65-70 mph (that's 99.9% of South Dakota for me), you can practice all you want with medium to heavy braking.
Sullivan pedals help too, and I added those last summer.

Or, an Auto-Blip solves all of this--its simply a function of cash. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors