The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS 302 OWNER AGE??POLL

What is age of Boss Owners?

• 0-21 yrs. old

Votes: 5 1.4%
  • 22-31 yrs. old

Votes: 45 12.8%
  • 32-41 yrs. old

Votes: 69 19.7%
  • 42-51 yrs. old

Votes: 117 33.3%
  • 52-61 yrs. old

Votes: 82 23.4%
  • 62-71 yrs. old

Votes: 31 8.8%
  • 72-81 yrs. old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TO OLD TO DRIVE

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ihatepotholess said:
i am 27, like some others here i came from an import scene; euro and japanese. i had absolutely no experience with mustangs previously, but i am loving it so far ;D

on a side note, i am probably the only asian Boss owner here :)

im indian if that counts ;D

No mid life crisis just a bunch of smart guys, who happen to be older, and wiser after surviving the 60's, and 70 models with no safety features, no air bags, no real brakes....am radio, and 8-track stereos
that ate all of our cool creedence, beatles, and cher tapes up....LOL

CaliMR said:
hotrodnut said:
and a Super Motard Aprilia SXV-550 for track days.

I had an SXV550. Only motorcycle I ever bought new, the shock blew up with a couple hundred miles on it and it took 3 months sitting in the dealer with the shock already shipped to Aprilia to get a replacement. Then it started having other issues so I sold it. When it ran, it was the most fun bike I ever had :eek:

If I get another street bike, it will be another supermoto. I was looking for a Husky 510, the first FI year before they got neutered and beat with the ugly stick by BMW, before I got the Boss.
The front fork seals leaked the day I took it home, the owner of the Dealership loaned me his SXV until they came in and was fixed. That was within a week back then.

Since, I've put 2300 hard miles on it with no issues.

I wanted a KTM when I bought this, Dealer sold both but Dealer convinced me to by the Aprilia.

PeteInCT said:
Cher ? ? ? I wouldn't admit to that.... ;D LOL
Me neither. Looks like our age group has fallen into second place.

I've also owned a bunch of motorcycles; mostly dirt bikes but a half dozen or so street bikes as well. Cars are much safer. ;)

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I never went down the bike route - didn't like the idea of going down the road at 150 MPH on my butt... These days, however, I may not get hurt if that's the way I landed ;D

hotrodnut said:
CaliMR said:
hotrodnut said:
and a Super Motard Aprilia SXV-550 for track days.

I had an SXV550. Only motorcycle I ever bought new, the shock blew up with a couple hundred miles on it and it took 3 months sitting in the dealer with the shock already shipped to Aprilia to get a replacement. Then it started having other issues so I sold it. When it ran, it was the most fun bike I ever had :eek:

If I get another street bike, it will be another supermoto. I was looking for a Husky 510, the first FI year before they got neutered and beat with the ugly stick by BMW, before I got the Boss.
The front fork seals leaked the day I took it home, the owner of the Dealership loaned me his SXV until they came in and was fixed. That was within a week back then.

Since, I've put 2300 hard miles on it with no issues.

I wanted a KTM when I bought this, Dealer sold both but Dealer convinced me to by the Aprilia.

The new KTM motor is not a good street supermoto motor, people have been popping them. The old (LC4? I always get the names mixed up) motor is still available in a couple sizes iirc, and is very stout. The new 690 is likened to the second coming of the 650R from the BRP Honda but the bike it comes in is too heavy for my taste. If I could get a 650R street legal, that would be my #1 choice but the Husky is #2 and only not at the top because since the takeover it is even harder to get parts. That was my issue with the Aprilia, 3 months for a shock was ridiculous. When I finally got it, it was because I got the cell number of the head of Aprilia USA and called him and he overnighted it to me. He ended up emailing with me a couple times after and figured out (supposedly) where the breakdown in communication happened and allegedly they changed the process for warranty work as a result. But I was already pretty sour on the bike by then, and it was winter by the time I got the bike back and they didn't even extend my warranty to cover it.

Sorry for the OT, we may need a bike thread in the OT section.

Ford has never done me wrong on warranty work, nor with any of our work trucks, which was a big factor in deciding to pick up a relatively expensive, low production car in the first year.

MA
37 here.

This is my favorite Mustang I've had. I've had several Fox Bodies, New Edge GT's including a highly moddified one, a 2007 Whippled GT500, and recently a 2011 supercharged, auto trans GT.

I was looking into 997 Porsches before this car, but they were still about 5-8k more and were a few years older already. I love the way they drive though.

Figured I'd try the Boss since a friend suggested I try one. I was hoping it would have the special "road feel" you can only get in a real sports car, and not drive like a traditional muscle car. To my surprise, the Boss exceeded my expectations in the road feel area and it made great muscle car noises as an added bonus. And to top it all off, I can still go to cruise nights with my buddies which would have been a drag in a late model Porsche.

I'll be 32 when I take delivery. I ordered a 2013 School Bus Yellow about 2 weeks ago. Waiting on VIN and quarter allocation information. Waiting is the worst part. Previously had a 2000 V-6 and a 2003 Mach1.

Ucode13SBY said:
I'll be 32 when I take delivery. I ordered a 2013 School Bus Yellow about 2 weeks ago. Waiting on VIN and quarter allocation information. Waiting is the worst part. Previously had a 2000 V-6 and a 2003 Mach1.
Welcome to BMO! Yep the waiting's tough. I'm waiting out winter right now, but I was just thinking how I was anxiously waiting on my Boss as it went into production almost one year ago :D It will be worth the wait. Hopefully your dealer can give you the quarter info soon as they're supposed to get that when they receive their allocation.

cloud9 said:
Ucode13SBY said:
Welcome to BMO! Yep the waiting's tough. I'm waiting out winter right now, but I was just thinking how I was anxiously waiting on my Boss as it went into production almost one year ago :D It will be worth the wait. Hopefully your dealer can give you the quarter info soon as they're supposed to get that when they receive their allocation.

did the snow finally set it Gary? it was 68 here again today. i strongly fear what the summer will be like with all the mid 70 weather we have had in Texas so far this winter. it will be brutal.

302BOB said:
Safety features? The seat belts in my '68 442 were for decoration only. I never used them...I was invincible back then (and/or extremely lucky)
I had a '68 W-30 442 and I took out all the belts except the Drivers to save weight. I had to leave that one in so I could race it at the Dragstrips! The best I remember it was 6 lbs including all the bolts that held them in! ;D

Man what I wouln't give to be the one guy that is 0-21. But then again if I were to drive this thing like I drove my 83 GT back then I would not be typing this because you would probably be seeing pictures of it on the lost Boss page. I am glad I don't have the Ba**s anymore to do crazy stuff. I know I am old because I took the wife out to dinner and a car pulled up next to us and we took off and I was playing with it by keeping him on my left rear bumper. I got to 3rd and I could see the wife out of the corner of my eye and she was not smiling so I made a split second decision to save my marriage. Now I just go to dinner by myself.

TMO Supporting Vendors