Boss 302R and 302S registration thread.

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by JohnW#88, Apr 30, 2017.

1. The_Backmarker

The_Backmarker TMO Intermediate

I like the idea of a registry as well as a FAQ for these cars. I find the "owner's manual" to be a bit lacking, especially for certain part numbers.

In fact, I'm trying to get the part number for replacement front brake rotors and pads (for the 14" 2-piece setup used on 2012 Boss 302S). Anybody know these part numbers? I haven't gotten an answer from Ford Performance yet.

2. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

You have some options with both Girodisc and Stoptech with their 355mm/14 in., two piece rotors. The ones on your car are Brembos and I think you will find them more expensive and I don't think anymore effective. Blacksheep or Black Boss might jump in here and let us know, but I am planning on going that route since my rotors appear to only be good for a couple more weekends.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    The_Backmarker likes this.
  3. The_Backmarker

Grant 302, ArizonaBOSS and VoodooBoss like this.
  4. The_Backmarker

So have you guys noticed that the Boss 302S (and presumably the 302R) aren't clearcoated? I guess it makes sense for a purpose-built race car.

5. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

They are a 355 mm and pretty darn sure you can get a set from Girodisc or Stoptech and skip the higher priced Brembo. I like the Girodisc set-up as it is the least expensive ( though all are pricey) , but I had them on my Viper and I got as good of wear as I did the Stoptechs.

6. The_Backmarker

Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway :)

I own a factory-built 2012 Boss 302S and can't seem to find the cockpit fire extinguisher nozzle. Tracking the hard line from the bottle, it follows forward along the passenger side of the transmission tunnel and then goes up towards the firewall. At that point, it splits into two lines with one going through the firewall into the engine bay and the other going behind the center console switch panel. Feeling around back there, it feels like it goes upward behind the switch panel? I'd expect to see a nozzle underneath the driver side dash board. I'm about to remove the switch panel to see what's going on back there but figured I'd ask here first.

If possible, can someone here take a picture where the nozzle should be?

7. The_Backmarker

BTW, is there any chance we can start a Boss 302S and 302R FAQ as a way of capturing info related to these two cars?

8. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

@The_Backmarker go ahead and start one and I'll make it a sticky. Start it in the Road Racing Forum.

The_Backmarker likes this.
  9. The_Backmarker

Done. Thanks!