The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Track Attack !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too...swing by Cali and pickup my friend and me! ;D We're driving in thru Vegas. We figured to stay closer to the track too. See you guys there.

Are you bringing your Boss?

I did the Hampton in Tooele for the 16 to the 18, it was cheaper. I couldn't get a flight out till the 19th so I figure I will stay by the airport that night.

Grant 302 said:
Bad Boss 302 said:
Are you bringing your Boss?

Nope...going skiing after Track Attack...weather pending, that is.
Spring skiing at Alta and Snowbird can be excellent. Just be on the slopes when the lifts open in the morning.

jec246

FYI. This was in the Track Attack E-Mail that was recently sent out. They are changing Host Hotels.

NEW Host Hotel
We’re excited to announce a new host hotel for 2012: Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport with an exclusive rate of $89/night. For anyone who has made prior hotel reservations with the Radisson, you can keep your reservations or if you choose, you can move them to the Hyatt. Click here(http://millermotorsportspark.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=5912abc1cd01f8a9bd9ff221d&id=8878444fba&e=00401d1eca) for all the info.

thanks 5 DOT 0 , hmm challenging choice, once in a life-time encounter, but wow $1000 is also an eye operator ^^

TheMarco said:
How long after buying a Boss does one get invited for this? I'd love to do this somewhere during this summer!
You don't get "invited". You have to sign up on your own. goto http://bosstrackattack.com/. you'll need your VIN, date of delivery and dealership you purchased from.

Wow almost everything is full.... I wonder what that means for everyone who's still going to buy a Boss throughout the rest of the year?

you'll end up getting spots that they open up next year. If you see something open jump on it quick. I had 9 people in my group, so spots fill up quickly.

I just attended the one day Boss Track Attack on April 11 at Miller Motorsport Complex. I have no prior tack experience so this was very helpful for me. The cars were prepared with our name on the lower right corner on the windshield. They try to give you a Boss that is the same color as your own car. We had 11 students in our session and they divided us up into two groups. We had ideal temperatures for the day between 60 and about 70 degrees. You have to wear a red racing fire suit so getting a cool day helps. All of the cars have Boss 302S front grilles that have the wire mesh over the fog light opening instead of the blocked off fog light covers. All of the cars have the ford racing brake cooling kit too. I forgot to check for the transmission cooler but I believe the cars have this too.

I will continue with a few more post of what we covered.

Boss Track Attack Agenda April 11 2012
1. Cornering Theory classroom
2. Follow instructor around the track in your car to find the best line at low speed
3. Heel and Toe Braking Classroom
4. Take the cars out and practice Heel and Toe
5. Get in Skid Pad Car and experience loss of traction then countersteer for correcting
6. Lunch 1 hour Watch some videos during lunch Drink lots of water all day!
7, Get back in cars and follow instructor again at a faster speed.
8. Discuss what you need to practice in classroom
9. Go back on track iwth instructor in your car for individual coaching. You are going pretty fast now.
10. Go out on track by yourself maybe about 10 laps. Best part of the day!
11. Get hot laps with instructors (the instructors are a whole different level)
12. Graduation with trophy and goody bag of free stuff from Miller and Ford
13. Get students names and contact info so you can share the fun again!
8)

Welcome to BMO. The cars also have LS spoilers and splitters with different front calipers and pads.

Wow when I attended the second week of the program there were only six participants. Joe Foster, Gunner Jeanette, Charlie Putman and Byron were the instructors. It was a blast.

Boss2273 said:
I just attended the one day Boss Track Attack on April 11 at Miller Motorsport Complex. I have no prior tack experience so this was very helpful for me. The cars were prepared with our name on the lower right corner on the windshield. They try to give you a Boss that is the same color as your own car. We had 11 students in our session and they divided us up into two groups. We had ideal temperatures for the day between 60 and about 70 degrees. You have to wear a red racing fire suit so getting a cool day helps. All of the cars have Boss 302S front grilles that have the wire mesh over the fog light opening instead of the blocked off fog light covers. All of the cars have the ford racing brake cooling kit too. I forgot to check for the transmission cooler but I believe the cars have this too.

I will continue with a few more post of what we covered.

TMO Supporting Vendors