The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COVID -19 check in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
Hi everyone, I know some of us have been doing ok but I noticed there has been some radio silence. Please post up if your ok or if you need something feel free to PM me and I will do what I can within reason to ensure your taken care of. (I got lucky and went to buy a part for the car and there was a Cost along the way and it was fully stocked). I know a lot of us are former Military and we take care of our own and I feel that TMO is the same. And @Bill Pemberton, No I will not take you to NAPA right now. HAHAHA but after this passes come on out and lets go to Sonoma and hit a winery or 10 after the track.

I’ll be fine when my goddamn garage is finished.image.jpg

My basement looks like a torn apart gt350 with all the extras waiting to be put on.....stupid city Had to make 10 checks to make sure it was poured in the right spot (i moved it)....framing starts wednesday......(fingers crossed)

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Byron,

It's awesome for you to reach out like this to check on everyone and offer assistance as you have.

My wife, daughter and dogs are all fine here in Colorado, albeit a bit stir crazy. We have plenty of food, TP and Grey Goose. The car is doing fine too, still waiting for me to adorn her with new front and rear sway bars but she's being neglected and yearning to be out on track.

Hope you and yours are doing well in NoCal.

Kirk

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I’ll be fine when my goddamn garage is finished.

The joys of living in The City.

Out here in the sticks I built a house and shop. Permits cost $138.00 and I had one required inspection. I had to show the county where the house was going, I staked out the foot print, inspection passed.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Been doing a ton of work on the car, almost all done. Today my GFs Corvette club is doing a drive by of 3 local hospitals east of the GTA, waving flags, blowing horns, making lots of noise in support of the front line health workers. I think I'm actually on tap to drive the 'vette too! So we all get to enjoy this while wondering where there might be an open public washroom, in an open business. Scarce, very few and far between. Fortunately, by and large we are doing well, though cabin fever is setting in for sure.

Bay Area
That's exactly how I feel!.....The covid-19 statistics listed everyday, with "The curve is flattening" although many deaths are occurring everyday.. I'm just waiting for the day the alarm clock radio plays a different and more cheerful tune when 6 AM rolls around.

yep it’s been groundhogs day for me also. I actually had no idea it was Saturday yesterday and Ian lucky enough to still be working. Granted it’s slow and I work for myself I am still meeting with potential customers. Even on Sundays which I never do during the “way back times”

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Be very careful , as the Corona Virus is dangerous, but there is a very real chance you will get " Cooties" from driving that Vette,ha!

Tsk, tsk, now be nice Bill! Actually it's an OK car, bit too plush for my liking though. And nowhere near as raw and visceral as my track day car is, nor anywhere near as quick. But their club is a fun bunch of people and it was good to show support for some of the folks on the front lines.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Not many changes here.
As an essential business I am still going to work everyday and building/modifying machines for the chemical industry to keep up with the increased demand for disinfectants. Still got a shop full of race cars too.
The only major things that have changed are the traffic (Yay) and the fact that I can't get a sit down meal at a restaurant (Boo). Other than that I'm thankful that my family and friends are all still healthy and I can still put food on my table...even if I have to cook it myself. ;)

My wife and I are good...thanks for asking! She has been home for the last month. I go to the hospital M-F but I'm fortunate to be in a clinic on a ground floor shared only with a PT department that's been closed for 4 weeks. So when I pull in to the parking garage at 7:45 there are typically only two cars there.....and it's empty when I leave. It's so crazy......my commute takes 15-20 min less and the waiting room is either empty most of the time or with one patient. My wife worries I'll get her sick but I do what I can.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
I have a feeling that many of the jobs that currently have people working from home are going to stay working from home.
It makes sense from a business standpoint to pay for less office space and will be a blessing to the rest of us who still must drive to work with less traffic and also less fuel consumption/emissions keeping fuel prices down, fewer traffic accidents and cleaner air. As much as the quarantine sucks, I am hoping for some good to come out of this.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
All Fine at the end of the world, thanks for the roll call! Glad everyone is hanging on ok. So far Chile seems to be doing well but really ish my car was at home instead of the other end of the city. Miss the dam thing! With rolling quarantines every week, I cant go see the car. Most of the car parts stores are in a area that has a higher infection rate, so its been shut down for nearly a month now. Best of luck for all!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
All in fun JDee, it was just there for the taking, and I too have a lot of friends with Corvettes ( we have a Chevy Store and I have actually sold quite a few ). Good to see folks getting in their machines and having a fun, safe time.

Missed two cruises myself as my street beast has a dead cell and will not hold a charge.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I Got You Babe

That's exactly how I feel!.....The covid-19 statistics listed everyday, with "The curve is flattening" although many deaths are occurring everyday.. I'm just waiting for the day the alarm clock radio plays a different and more cheerful tune when 6 AM rolls around.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
All good here, thanks Byron.
My wife has been working from home for years and I have been able to transition to working from home fairly easily.
Enjoying the extra time to work on my car and get a little extra exercise too, but can't wait to get back to the track!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Since 95% of my sales are around the US, I have been on the phone forever. One of the Chrysler Managers mentioned years back I could probably work at home and never even come into the Store. He called me on Friday and thanked me for all the customers I had been sending in , and he mentioned , " I told you you could work at home years ago." Glad he is happy as just working on Salary and asked him to make sure he let the CFO and owner know I was sending folks in. What is ironic is I have been sending in twice as many people into the Ford Store in Omaha, but I sure didn't mention that to him, ha!

Helped sell a Raptor and F150 last week and we are rocking with Mustangs --- except right now we are light on inventory.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have always viewed Automobile Sales with a similar eye to when I sold securities, and though some say I am too analytical, I find being rational in an area that seldom is, has helped me weather the ups and downs of vehicles sales. That said , my professional judgement selling primarily performance or luxury vehicles has caused me to be aware of a common thread , these are " Want machines," not " Need ones," Therefore I think we will see pricing down a bit , for awhile, though tempered with the fact that some unique vehicles may be in shorter supply. Looking at the long term sales records of the G Wagon I would not anticipate big discounts , though some could pop up. The supply shortage probably will affect the reduction in pricing to a degree, but it will lean towards a buyers market more than a sellers market for the short term -- imho.

Now if you want a beautiful new F150 or Ram I can make sure you pay way under 150K ,even with the top of the line models, ha!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel