The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COVID -19 check in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They build it in their indoor plant. Check them out AlpineStructures.com 30x28 10’ walls 6-12 pitch . Ceiling should be 11’ 7” for a 2 post lift. 6” concrete floor. They put it up in 1 day.

look awesome....i had to go custom and the maximum i could go is 599 sq/ft concrete slab.....once i got 600mor more, thats a whole different level headaches from the city.....i cant even do radiant floors.....so i have a 599 sq/fr slab that can fit 2 mustangs front to back on the left and 1.5 on the right

Pretty awesome that you all have created a check-in like this, props to the OP.

Things aren't pretty here in NYC but there's hope that we've plateaued and are leveling off with new cases. No one in the immediate family has contracted the virus yet, but a few family friends/racing buddies have come down with it and thankfully overcome it. Schools are closed for the school year and possibly the foreseeable future, but I'm fortunate to still be employed and teaching everyday remotely.

Hope everyone else is doing well,
J

Doing good! Just wrapped up a huge project for work and hoping to have a little more free time on my hands.

Also looking forward to getting my new wing in and mounting that and my splitter on the car. Signed up for a
track day at Sonoma on 5/19, hopefully that'll go through.

-Todd

Bay Area
Doing good! Just wrapped up a huge project for work and hoping to have a little more free time on my hands.

Also looking forward to getting my new wing in and mounting that and my splitter on the car. Signed up for a
track day at Sonoma on 5/19, hopefully that'll go through.

-Todd
Who’s running the event at Sonoma?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Looking great. I have over 1000 SF and it really looks small now that I've filled all that empty space!

Another consideration for finishing the floor would be Race Deck or Swiss Trax flooring. I've had mine in for over 15 years and although it doesn't look new, it still looks better that painted concrete. I don't care what anyone says, I haven't found a concrete treatment like epoxy that didn't discolor from hot tires or start peeling up over tyme. I had the newly poured above sad garage (cured and pre-treated properly) epoxied with grit but hot tires took their toll in less than two years. Maybe someone else out there has a better idea.

Looking great. I have over 1000 SF and it really looks small now that I've filled all that empty space!

Another consideration for finishing the floor would be Race Deck or Swiss Trax flooring. I've had mine in for over 15 years and although it doesn't look new, it still looks better that painted concrete. I don't care what anyone says, I haven't found a concrete treatment like epoxy that didn't discolor from hot tires or start peeling up over tyme. I had the newly poured above sad garage (cured and pre-treated properly) epoxied with grit but hot tires took their toll in less than two years. Maybe someone else out there has a better idea.

yea but how much is the swisstrax or racedeck on 600sq/ft

Sadly, with my measurements i dont think i’ll be able to get a 4 post.....i have a 9 ft ceiling... the shelby is 54.3’. 9ft is 108’‘....i’d have 4.5ft of working space underneath and i wont be able to store the blue one underneath during winter. On a better note, the electricians were able to put 2 20amp circuits (i dont know how but they did)

did you have to wait 2 weeks for the floor to cure?

Monaca Pa
No but the garage won’t be here for at least 2 weeks unless I’m lucky. So it won’t matter. If I order my garage door it will be here by the 20th

No but the garage won’t be here for at least 2 weeks unless I’m lucky. So it won’t matter. If I order my garage door it will be here by the 20th

mine went quick....i went from...waiting 2 weeks to holy shiznit you’re done in 4 days lol

cholmes1

400lb Gorilla
Denver, CO
Everything is moving here in South Denver. My wife is a forensic pathologist and I am a professor of public health at the local universities (DU and Ashford). It has been an interesting time for us both but we are grateful for the well wishes and to everyone sheltering in place.

I know it absolutely sucks to stay home but believe me it makes a difference. If we would’ve had testing supplies and equipment when we were promised much of this could’ve been avoided but right now we are just trying to make the best of a bad situation nationwide and worldwide.

Stay safe. Keep washing your hands, wearing masks, and social distancing. 2020 is pretty much shot based on the data but 2021 should see many actions and activities return.

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
For many "Staying at Home" is not an option. For others, it's just not logical. Millions of people live in counties without cases. Locking them down does nothing but drive many into poverty. For those who can work from home, great. Others who don't need to work should also limit ANY public activities. Those that have to work to survive, should not be arrested and prosecuted.
In the military we learn to do risk assessment on all activities. Assault a target, assess the risk. Drive a platoon to land navigation training across post in the states, assess the risk. Mitigate the risk while getting the job done.
My point is that different situations Require separate assessments and mitigation. Today we are seeing some of this, logic driven and although not perfect, it is getting people back to work so they can survive Economically. I some areas, the lines are drawn not by necessity but by politics. Sad.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel