The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COVID -19 check in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
I have always viewed Automobile Sales with a similar eye to when I sold securities, and though some say I am too analytical, I find being rational in an area that seldom is, has helped me weather the ups and downs of vehicles sales. That said , my professional judgement selling primarily performance or luxury vehicles has caused me to be aware of a common thread , these are " Want machines," not " Need ones," Therefore I think we will see pricing down a bit , for awhile, though tempered with the fact that some unique vehicles may be in shorter supply. Looking at the long term sales records of the G Wagon I would not anticipate big discounts , though some could pop up. The supply shortage probably will affect the reduction in pricing to a degree, but it will lean towards a buyers market more than a sellers market for the short term -- imho.

Now if you want a beautiful new F150 or Ram I can make sure you pay way under 150K ,even with the top of the line models, ha!!

Thanks Bill, Id love to get a new F150 but this is for the other half. Then I can see of my other two G wagons and take that and get the tow rig of my choice. Ill let you know when that happens.

Bill's good but no miracle worker. He's been looking for my pristine, showroom condition 1969 numbers matching Acapulco Blue Boss 302 for under $10 grand for years! ;)

Bill can you find me a low mile blue boss 429 for under $15,000 pristine?

Bay Area
I wouldn't string her along, get her a G!!

Bill- We have TWO, Yes TWO. One for the DOGS and one for us. we love them they are both 2002's one with 160K and the other with 220K and they are going strong. She just wants a "Yuppie Mobile" with newer tech and the fancy stuff.

And to all the TMO'ers out that that responded. It's good to know you're doing well and healthy. I know others are doing great but we chat offline as well. Be safe and healthy everyone.

Bill- We have TWO, Yes TWO. One for the DOGS and one for us. we love them they are both 2002's one with 160K and the other with 220K and they are going strong. She just wants a "Yuppie Mobile" with newer tech and the fancy stuff.

And to all the TMO'ers out that that responded. It's good to know you're doing well and healthy. I know others are doing great but we chat offline as well. Be safe and healthy everyone.

Is that how much you paid for them?

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
everything is fine here. I've lost a couple family members recently and were unable to visit them to say goodbye, but they didn't die of Covid. Hopefully this ends soon enough we can memorialize them.

Work's slowed down significantly for me (IE can pay bills, but racecar budget is all but gone - 1st world problem), but I'm in technology so at least there's a need ongoing for what I do. Same with my wife (Veterinarian). My brother is out of work (food service industry), so could always be worse.

We'll make it out ok. Truthfully, I'd say I am fairing better than most despite the challenges and unfortunate family stuff, still playing with cars and not truly sweating much (outside this Arizona heat).

Now in week seven of lockdown here in NorCal with my high school senior twins and wife. It's going smoothly with my kids studying and my wife working from home. My kids are getting screwed from what should be one of the most fun times of their lives, graduating from HS and going off to college. They are taking it well but I think will be upset if moving into the dorms at the University of Nevada Reno in mid August gets delayed.

I've been keeping busy cycling a lot and working on my dirt bikes. I just finished with the engine rebuild on my 1983 Husqvarna 250CR minutes ago. Started on the first kick. :cool:

IMG_5057.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I do believe Byron is talking about the number of miles on each of the current G Wagons he has -------- not the price he paid , though they are definitely G whiz vehicles when you discuss the pricing!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I do believe Byron is talking about the number of miles on each of the current G Wagons he has -------- not the price he paid ,

I am curious to see how his dogs drive the G wagon. Must be dachshunds. 😂

I do believe Byron is talking about the number of miles on each of the current G Wagons he has -------- not the price he paid , though they are definitely G whiz vehicles when you discuss the pricing!

I was being smug lol.....but it is plausible.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Illinois since a over zealous 10 person population state representative got a judge to rule the governor's stay at home order extension is illegal and struck it down......

Bay Area
I am curious to see how his dogs drive the G wagon. Must be dachshunds. 😂

Dogs tell us where to take them. They have Jedi mind tricks as to when to feed them, what park they want to go to, and when its time to stop and pee. (the 3rd one is true). I just did an 8 hour round trip for a CF truck lid and took one Corgi and he did speak up and say DUDE!!! Stop the car its time to go. HAHAHA

Bay Area
Now in week seven of lockdown here in NorCal with my high school senior twins and wife. It's going smoothly with my kids studying and my wife working from home. My kids are getting screwed from what should be one of the most fun times of their lives, graduating from HS and going off to college. They are taking it well but I think will be upset if moving into the dorms at the University of Nevada Reno in mid August gets delayed.

I've been keeping busy cycling a lot and working on my dirt bikes. I just finished with the engine rebuild on my 1983 Husqvarna 250CR minutes ago. Started on the first kick. :cool:

View attachment 15099

Rick thats a beauty, I recall seeing her in your garage a couple years ago.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
North Central Florida checking in. Fine here so far. Got to take my LS out this weekend and let him stretch out for a bit (insert smile here). My allergies have been more of an issue than COVID-19.

I too work in a technology related field and can work from home. We have Zoom meetings and our group has started a Once-A-Week social hour. It can be quite entertaining to see what a bunch of nerds, with extra time and access, can come up with. Surprisingly, although I do have a VERY low resistance to Cabin Fever, dealing with this working from home has not been too difficult.

Last edited:

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Since the quarantine, my company has "Shake-a-thons" once every other week on TEAMS with all the upper management attending. We meet on a video conference and "Shake" up a Martini or a cocktail and BS about everything but work. It really takes the edge off and builds camaraderie. Only problem is they're all back east and cocktail hour starts at five. That's three PM mountain tyme and I get the buzz going a trife earlier than I should. Not that I'm complaining! 🍸

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario

View attachment 15099

Thats a nice Husky. . I raced a 1970 Husky cr250 and a 1972 cr125....back in the day. ( yup , im getting old ) I love Husqvarna !
I still own a KTM EXC 400 and love it too !!

Monaca Pa
I’ll be fine when my goddamn garage is finished.View attachment 15080

My basement looks like a torn apart gt350 with all the extras waiting to be put on.....stupid city Had to make 10 checks to make sure it was poured in the right spot (i moved it)....framing starts wednesday......(fingers crossed)

concrete going in Saturday then garage will be built in 2 weeks. Amish company are building it. Should have been done by now. Damn virusB5099290-FDF5-41CE-A75A-80AA3225ED9A.jpeg

concrete going in Saturday then garage will be built in 2 weeks. Amish company are building it. Should have been done by now. Damn virus

amish company? That thing will last through nuclear blast lol. god i hope the framing starts tomorrow. I already forgot what i ordered lol. I think i got 8ft ceilings and stronger pad...

Monaca Pa
amish company? That thing will last through nuclear blast lol. god i hope the framing starts tomorrow. I already forgot what i ordered lol. I think i got 8ft ceilings and stronger pad...

They build it in their indoor plant. Check them out AlpineStructures.com 30x28 10’ walls 6-12 pitch . Ceiling should be 11’ 7” for a 2 post lift. 6” concrete floor. They put it up in 1 day.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel