The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COVID -19 check in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Test, Trace , and Isolate... thats the only real option till a vaccine arrives. Well, same as every where else, our race series is blown for 2020... Small thing really compared to all the rest of the major things that are going down. Racing needs financial backing and its pretty clear we will have none at all for 2020... But, If all goes well, we will go back to club racing at the cheapest track we can find in Sept or Oct.

For some reason that I do not understand, down here in Chile we have a really low mortality rate of 16/million compared to the US with 243/million. And it looks like the US will be in the same range as Europe soon (approx 500/million). But, they still have most of Santiago, the biggest ciy, on Lockdown...can't even do a drive buy to see my car at the shop. Its 15km away but have not seen it in months.

Funny that you can cheer yourself up by thinking that you are much more likely to perish from cancer or a heart attack then this fffing virus. Hope everyone takes care, washes their paws and covers thier mugs when in puplic. Can't wait till this is over for us all!!! Stay healthy!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Agree, to a point. When we know those most at risk, why do we keep everyone locked down?? The last I looked $1200.00 and unemployment does not pay the bills for many.
Lets protect those at risk and get back to work.
I live in a county larger than Rhode Island. Our "Cases" are mostly folks who came out from the City for care. No deaths. No facilities in crisis. I know no one in the area with the virus. Our zip code has zero cases. Can someone explain why we have lost the ability to decide if we can shake our neighbors hand??

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
True...If we don't get back to work down soon where will the food come from!! Basic needs are not going away and sadly most of the world does not have reserves of cash to sit idle for months. For me, thats why we have to test and trace as fast as possible, if the threath is low in a area., back to work!!

Looks like hand shakes will be something we can look forward to in the hopefullly not to distant future.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
So I am told elbow touching is going to be the new handshakes.
Who dreams this shti up?

Would you belive it.... its what we have been doing since the end of Feb. This being a latin country the cheek kissing for the ladies is out as well....

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Can someone explain why we have lost the ability to decide if we can shake our neighbors hand??
Because you can’t see viruses or wether a person is infected.

Explaining doesn’t guarantee understanding.

This is why containment efforts fail. People who don’t think they’re sick continue to spread it around.

Can we all decide to wash hands, social distance and do what we can to protect our selves and others when we are in public. Like TMSBOSS I live in a small county and we only have 7 cases and no deaths and we have reopened. I don't feel comfortable going out in public. That is my decision. I tested negative on April 15 but with age and an underlining condition it is just not worth the risk. I understand the need to open because when mothers and fathers can't feed and take of their family that could get scary. Desperate people can be dangerous. No matter what you decide this is going to be with us for a while. Stay safe. I do plan to drive my car when I need a smile and I hope you can to.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
We should all get to decide what we can do etc, as long as it does not make some one else sick. lucky for me, down here its wear a mask or get a fine. If your Covid positive and are not isolating.. really big fine and forced too isolate period. never mind that wearing a mask is just to decent polite thing to do. Hope you guys keep safe in the US!!

Bay Area
@. The moderators, if this thread gets to political or people are going to whine or complain please turn off the comments. That’s not what this thread is about. If you guys want to rant and rave then find another place. This was to check in on some members that had been quiet on the site And let them know that if they needed anything within reason.

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
@. The moderators, if this thread gets to political or people are going to whine or complain please turn off the comments. That’s not what this thread is about. If you guys want to rant and rave then find another place. This was to check in on some members that had been quite on the site And let them know that if they needed anything within reason.
Agreed. I would have clipped it from post #60.

Bay Area
My apologies, did not mean to inject politics!! Hope every ones is healthy and that we can share new racing stories soon!

Was necessarily you, but thanks for chiming in. Cheers and stay healthy down there fellow TMO friend.

And thanks to the other members for keeping in the spirt of checking in on our fellow TMO friends and family.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thanks to all those who retracted comments to keep this thread from turning into every other discussion on FB. Let's save the "what should be done" debates for social media. Makes more sense for us to keep our tight knit community strong by focusing on what each other is doing to make it through, and maybe extending help where it's needed.

With that said, is there anything I can do to help anyone in here? Either in my region or outside of it?

Bay Area
Thanks to all those who retracted comments to keep this thread from turning into every other discussion on FB. Let's save the "what should be done" debates for social media. Makes more sense for us to keep our tight knit community strong by focusing on what each other is doing to make it through, and maybe extending help where it's needed.

With that said, is there anything I can do to help anyone in here? Either in my region or outside of it?
Can you stand in line at Costco for me? :D :D :D

2020 gt350r Heritage Edition if you can spare the funds. I’ll settle for a regular 2020 350r But has to be performance blue

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Can you stand in line at Costco for me? :D :D :D
Who still goes to Costco? We've had several deliveries using their Instacart delivery service. Hell, one order got delivered twice and they told us to just keep it. Of course, that was the the smallest of all the orders :) If Instacart delivery is available from your Costco, jump on it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel