Dedicated Track conversion

Discussion in 'GT350 and S550 Technical Forum' started by spartan, Dec 23, 2017.

1. 302BOB

302BOB TMO Addict

I'm sure I know some of what they may be thinking, all tho some of it might not be fit for posting....:p

2. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Purchased a set of Lugnuts from KohR These are much smaller and lighter. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. spartan

spartan TMO Race

GT4 brake cooling photos. Love the CF. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Grant 302, DocWalt, 8250RPM and 2 others like this.
  4. spartan

spartan TMO Race

KohR Motorsports GT4 weigh 3,100 lbs without fuel and driver. GT4’s have CF doors, hood, roof, deck lid. It will be interesting to see where this build comes in at.

5. rgator

rgator TMO Beginner

Do you have a part number for those Kohr's nuts, I have been trying to contact them for a few days no reply and their website doesn't describe the seat sizes of the nuts.
    Thanks

6. bpracer

bpracer Mark

Look at MSI, msirp.com, I believe that is where they are sourced.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

spartan and VoodooBoss like this.
  7. rgator

rgator TMO Beginner

Thanks, just talked to them, very nice guys and they will make any custom studs or nuts if anyone needs that.

spartan likes this.
  8. trackjunkie

trackjunkie TMO Intermediate

Wow great build! How have I missed seeing this thread until now?

spartan likes this.
  9. VoodooBoss

VoodooBoss Rick Moderator

You've been busy. ;)

trackjunkie and RES_22 like this.
  10. blk2017

blk2017 TMO Beginner

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Hello Spartan,

Is there any way that you could post a picture of the cf brake duct backing plate without the rotors? Need to make up something and I am looking for ideas for a 2017 GT350. Thanks!

11. spartan

spartan TMO Race

[QUOTE="blk2017, post: 198042, member: 4080"[​IMG][​IMG]

Hello Spartan,

Is there any way that you could post a picture of the cf brake duct backing plate without the rotors? Need to make up something and I am looking for ideas for a 2017 GT350. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Your going to have to use your imagination with these photos. When I visit Dean and if his rotors are off the car I will take additional photos. I can tell you that the CF duct is attached using the 2 OE attachment points for the lower dust shield. One of the attachment points on top of the knuckle needs to be drilled and tapped for use as the third attachment point.

12. cj350

cj350 TMO Intermediate

I spy some Multimatic coil overs that have not been mentioned in your build thread.....we need details man!

13. blk2017

blk2017 TMO Beginner

Your going to have to use your imagination with these photos. When I visit Dean and if his rotors are off the car I will take additional photos. I can tell you that the CF duct is attached using the 2 OE attachment points for the lower dust shield. One of the attachment points on top of the knuckle needs to be drilled and tapped for use as the third attachment point.[/QUOTE]

Hello Spartan,

Thanks for the reply. Great build BTW! Been watching it all winter! Great documentation! Thanks for sharing! What did the Kohr CF backing plates cost?

I saw the third hole that could be used to mount a plate. I am concerned that a backing plate might flex with the hose tugging on it. I thought of another approach. Use a bracket attached to the mounting bolts for the shocks. Bracket could be thicker and provide more support, more solid mount. Here is a crude picture of what I was thinking.

upload_2018-4-16_16-15-16.png

I drove my first open track event at the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg Austria 2 weeks ago and the car ran great. The Porsche guys were very impressed. All of the suspension tips / parts / mods that I picked up here and did over the winter paid off!!!!

Brakes worked flawlessly but I did notice that the tire valves were so I hot I could hardly touch them to adjust the air pressure. The brakes were really hot after 20 minutes on the track. I thought at first that I warped the rotors but checked them out this week and they are true. I think that there are deposits on the rotors from the stock pads. Some one else mentioned that here. It seems to be getting better with regular street driving. But using them hard there is a slight shutter at high speeds. So deposits make sense. I have another event in 2 weeks and need brake cooling and probably other pads.

Thanks again!
    Peter

spartan and RES_22 like this.
  14. spartan

spartan TMO Race

cj350, unfortunately the photos are from KohR Motorsports Mustang GT4. These are not on my car. I am using GT350 MagneRide.

15. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Can you believe it was snowing in MI today. Looking forward to getting this on the track soon. Meanwhile picked up a couple VP Racing cans.

[​IMG]

TymeSlayer, JeffV8 and VoodooBoss like this.
  16. spartan

spartan TMO Race

I had a multiple misfire CEL. Checked coils, spark plugs, injectors, injector electrical, coil electrical, even put the cats back on, did a compression test. All checked out good.

Finally narrowed it down to the Crank Position Sensor. When I removed it the copper sleeve stayed in the hole.

[​IMG]

Could not get it out so I dropped the transmission and removed the clutch and flywheel. This is what I found

[​IMG]

It wouldn’t move so I had to apply some pressure and finally got it out.

[​IMG]

Hope to get it all completed in time for the M1 track season which starts May 1st.

Shout out to Scott @8250RPM for help diagnosing the issue and lending me his scanner to set the learn code after I’m put it all back together.

VoodooBoss, RES_22, DocWalt and 2 others like this.
  17. Black Boss

Black Boss TMO Addict

You’ll need to do a crank position reset using the Ford scanner or you’ll throw another code.

18. yotah1

yotah1 TMO Advanced

Are you driving during a weekday at M1? Let me know if you need coaching or even just to come by and check the car out if you're there on a weekend :)

19. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Scott has a computer to reset the CPS. I also have the cell phone # for a Ford tech support guy who will help me if I get stuck.

20. spartan

spartan TMO Race

Yes I will be on the track starting next week. Im hoping to get the transmission installed by this Saturday in time for the M1 Cars & Coffee. Hope to see you Saturday. Gates open at 7:00 AM for Ford Products.