The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

(F)ord stockholders/investors

What's your call?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don't forget that the Mustang will be going global! I am willing to bet it will do very well, but will have a slow start since most will be snobby about not buying an American car. Until they finally test drive one, anyways.

In the meantime, I took a risk buying some sin stocks for the long term: PHOT and MJNA.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
four-walling said:
In my opinion, the only thing that will cause the stock of an old time, stalwart company like Ford to jump long term would be an exceptional product like the 1965 Mustang.

Barring that unlikely event, the future of Ford looks to be a reflection of the past for years to come.

Investors will jump on a stock for a *lot* less than that. If the dividend doubled, or earnings take a big jump the stock price will reflect those changes. No car will sell like the '65 Mustang ever again. There are too many manufacturers and too many products out there.

Would you have said the same thing at the beginning of 2013?

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
WinterSucks said:
Don't forget that the Mustang will be going global! I am willing to bet it will do very well, but will have a slow start since most will be snobby about not buying an American car. Until they finally test drive one, anyways.

In the meantime, I took a risk buying some sin stocks for the long term: PHOT and MJNA.

Don't forget CANN. Look at the chart since the beginning of December. Sweet!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
WinterSucks said:
Don't forget that the Mustang will be going global!

The success of the ROW (rest of world) Mustang has already been built into the price of the stock.

Personally, I think the car is too big for the ROW. A car that size needs to comfortably handle 4 occupants. It also needs to have an interior with high quality materials. A car that size should be a luxury saloon like a BMW or a Merc.

It does not look like the new gen Mustang does that.

It may come out of the chute "hot" but I think the ROW would prefer an "authentic", high V8 power Mustang, like the Boss...

just sayin...

Grant 302

NFSBOSS said:
Is it time to take profits in the US equity markets?

Updating my answer to a solid 'Maybe'. I've reduced most of my questionable holdings and increased cash/stable holdings past 60% over the last two weeks.

Have you heard anything from your access to 'brightest minds'?

I've done the same with mine. But it's hard when the likes of TSLA, NFLX, FEYE, and PRAN drove my IRA up 370% in 2013. :eek:

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Saw a new Lincoln MKZ on the road the other day and marveled at how ugly the car is.

Definitely a management mistake to get rid of Land Rover/Range Rover and Jaguar to concentrate on Lincoln.

Ford needs to hit a home run with the new, all aluminum F150.

Grant 302

Some momentum, but it's been light on volume and I suspect largely on the buyback program. The only volume spikes this year look like they're from the monthly sales announcements.

Grant 302

And nice movement from the May sales numbers. Finally back over 17 today. 17.05 peak with an hour to go. Consensus was aware of the possible YOY drop so an increase of just 3% for F and the total domestic sales of 16.7M are great news.

Here's a terrific video of out going CEO Alan Mulally.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101738407

Grant 302

Ouch. F trading around 15.00 in the closing minutes.

EDIT:
Should have also mentioned that it's from the investor meeting this afternoon and comments about losses next year in Europe.

Grant 302

Fomoco302 said:
Dumped mine last month @ 17+, finally bought some aapl. We'll see how that goes. :D

Last sold AAPL at 102-103 bought right after the split announcement in April. Bought back on 9/9 after the latest release at 97.

Bought and sold my 'floating' shares of F several times this year, but I guess I'm probably holding the rest through next year now. Always upsets me when I'm making more with swing trading than long term holdings. :mad:

TMO Supporting Vendors