The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have Your GT350 Order Tracked Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NFSBOSS said:
I just joined the party with potentially an early 2016 build. Couldn't wait and it's been a busy week for me. I ordered a race red car with track pack but no stripes or black roof.

nicely done. I was at the dealership today (service for the boss) and walked the lot...the race red GT's really stood out.

NFSBOSS said:
I just joined the party with potentially an early 2016 build. Couldn't wait and it's been a busy week for me. I ordered a race red car with track pack but no stripes or black roof.

Awesome choice and great color combination!

I really like solid color cars and have a couple of buddies that ordered their cars exactly the same color and obviously will look outstanding.

:)

tigerbillsbikes said:
Great. I am still waiting on my Vin number. I really hope to get it soon. How did you get your approximate build date?
I think the Ford reps have some control over that and have a general idea when the order will get pulled for production. I'm supposed to get an update on mine by the end of next week but the expectation is early 2016 for me.

Austin
NFSBOSS said:
I think the Ford reps have some control over that and have a general idea when the order will get pulled for production. I'm supposed to get an update on mine by the end of next week but the expectation is early 2016 for me.

Yeah, the regional rep told my dealer when it would be scheduled. My sales guy is going on vacation so it may be a week or two before I get my VIN unless I can get it from this thread.

fuhrius said:
jmbboss302 - any updates on how production seems to be going?

Ok, I've been on vacation all this week and will also be on vacation next week. But, when I get a chance, I will look things up. As far as your car goes, as of the August 4th update:

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Sep-07-2015 )

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
When I special ordered my 2012 Boss 302, my Dealer gave me copies of their weekly sold order and vehicle allocation report.

I was able to see its progress and once it's status became "Bucked", I had a VIN shortly thereafter.

This report came out every Tuesday for my Dealer and his DSO. If you like I can send you a copy of this report. I saved everything like this in my Boss Binder.

Let me know,
Good Luck,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

jlwdvm said:
DORA accepted 6/4/15
Dealer: 41V785
Order Number: M701 (Code seen after "Begin Ord" on my DORA)...not sure if this is my order number?

Partial VIN: A6P8JZ G
Should I be able to see anything on COTUS? When I put my info in it doesn't recognize it.

jmbboss302 said:
Ok, I've been on vacation all this week and will also be on vacation next week. But, when I get a chance, I will look things up. As far as your car goes, as of the August 4th update:

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Sep-07-2015 )

missed this post until just now...thanks for the update.

jlwdvm said:
Should I be able to see anything on COTUS? When I put my info in it doesn't recognize it.

I'm not sure what COTUS is. As of the June 4th update:

In Order Processing - Unscheduled- Material Hold

Please keep in mind that orders are scheduled to be built on Thursdays. All orders will be "In Order Processing - Unscheduled - Material Hold" until your dealer's allocation for a build comes up. Your dealer will know his allocation time frame for the vehicle. This is standard for all Fords being ordered.

fuhrius said:
jmbboss302,

Do you have any general updates on timing for 2016 builds?

or anything specific about 1FATP8JZ2G5520286?

thanks.

As of the August 28th update:

In Order Processing - Scheduled to Week (Week -of Oct-12-2015)

2016's:
It looks like they've produced about 50 GT350's so far, none been been released yet. There's a handful scheduled to be built the week of September 7th, and then starting the week of October 5th, it looks like they will be ramping production up to full speed.

2015's:
As of a few days ago, none have been released yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors