The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Have Your GT350 Order Tracked Here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's the first 2016? I guess numbering starts over with each year and the source of the pic said 2016? Not doubting, just curious.

Can't wait to get my car! It'll probably be December though lol

285 GT350's to go! (I'm VIN 286). it'll be interesting to see how many of those will be R's...if ~1/10th of the GT350's are R's and they're built at the same rate, I could be looking at a chassis # around 30.
I've got an Aug 24 build date and it's starting to feel like it's close...I'm sure my family will be happy when the first words out of my mouth in the morning aren't "guess what day it is? X number of days until my car's built!"

(today is 23 days until it's built, btw ;-)

tentatively scheduled for rollbar / seat / harness / fire gear installation the 3rd week of Sept at locally-renowned TC Designs (fortunately for me, they moved their shop about a year ago and it's now only a few miles from my house...so I can go visit during those painful 10 or so days when it'll be in the shop ;-)

fuhrius said:
tentatively scheduled for rollbar / seat / harness / fire gear installation the 3rd week of Sept at locally-renowned TC Designs (fortunately for me, they moved their shop about a year ago and it's now only a few miles from my house...so I can go visit during those painful 10 or so days when it'll be in the shop ;-)
Which rollbar, seat and fire gear are you getting?

NFSBOSS said:
Which rollbar, seat and fire gear are you getting?

I'm going to have Tony do a custom weld-in rollbar. Seat: I don't know. I'm intrigued by the new Sparco Ergo because of it's removable halo...so you could easily run it on the street then add the halo for the track...though I've always been partial to the fit, finish, and reputation for safety of Cobra seats. FE: no idea yet.

NFSBOSS said:
And the first 2016 GT350R is completed. Won't be long now until we see them driving down the streets!

first%20gt350r%20badge_zps6avpfjpm.png

I can't say for sure, but since this is a 2016, and the number is G0001, I would have to say that all 2016's will start with Gxxxx. That being said, I would think the 2015's will start with Fxxxx.

Here's 2015 GT350R number 1. Currently in "Area 51". http://m.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FATP8JZ6F5520001

jmbboss302 said:
Here's 2015 GT350R number 1. Currently in "Area 51". http://m.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1FATP8JZ6F5520001

white with black stripes...yummy.
thanks for the update. any sense for where production is relative to expectations and any major material holds or other issues?
(VIN 1FATP8JZ2G5520286)

mine just got bumped back a week...now schedule to the week of Aug 31. boo hoo for me. maybe there's a hotline # I can call and biznitch to about it ;-)

It looks like there's been around 30 2016's built so far, with several scheduled to be built today. Keep in mind, the last of the 2015 GT350's were completed last week.

jlwdvm said:
At least you have a VIN and date!

I get it...I was completely kidding. just kinda poking fun at 'first world' problems that people seem to be bitching about on the forums. I consider myself to be super fortunate to be getting one of these cars in the first place, let alone one that will be built pretty darn early in the cycle. I was expecting there to be hold-ups due to materials issues, QC, etc...so I take the build date / ETA stuff with a grain if salt to begin with.

fuhrius said:
I get it...I was completely kidding. just kinda poking fun at 'first world' problems that people seem to be bitching about on the forums. I consider myself to be super fortunate to be getting one of these cars in the first place, let alone one that will be built pretty darn early in the cycle. I was expecting there to be hold-ups due to materials issues, QC, etc...so I take the build date / ETA stuff with a grain if salt to begin with.
Yea mine was bumped from 8/17 to 8/25 but I figured we'd be waiting a while for the OK to ship anyway. I pretty much planned on having enough time to do the engine break-in this fall, then prep it for the track over the winter in the garage.

cloud9 said:
Yea mine was bumped from 8/17 to 8/25 but I figured we'd be waiting a while for the OK to ship anyway. I pretty much planned on having enough time to do the engine break-in this fall, then prep it for the track over the winter in the garage.

what's the last three of your VIN? mine's 286

So was I :) My DORA went through on June 4th, but no VIN yet. COTUS doesn't recognize my info yet. I consider myself fortunate to be able to have ordered what I wanted from a local dealer at MSRP! I hope to have it parked next to my Boss by Halloween.

fuhrius said:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
cloud9 said:

Wow that is still "right around the corner". VERY EXCITEEEEEEEE!

TMO Supporting Vendors