The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
TMSBOSS said:
New personal best at Blackhawk farms. 1:23.80.

Finally on track with a Z-28 with a competent driver. Hard to keep up with him.

Congrats on the new PB, and congrats on being the fastest time at Blackhawk on this site (by virtue of being the only user reporting) ;)

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Had some fun in the rain today at Palmer Motorsports... haven't noticed any "Top Gear" style "mildly moist" or "very wet" type posts, so here's one!

Wet conditions, Toyo R888's on the Mustang with no other new stuff

2.05.9 was the best. In the REALLY wet (aka raining with small rivers on the track) I was more like 2.13. Very fun day though practicing car control in the rain

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Updated!

@DMichaels that is the first Top Gear style lap recorded ;)

@Black Boss looking fast and smooth! I see you will already be moving on to windshield #2...the worst part is having to buy new windshield banners every time :-/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Impressive. I have a buddy that's done a lot of laps there, he said anything under 1:31 is very fast.

That also makes you the fastest TMO member there, at least until @Black Boss has a chance to rough it up with his 350R. Enjoy!

John, nice driving and welcome to TMO.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
smallblock said:
Grattan Raceway 1:28.35

image.png

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/mX7xlWoR6-A

SmallBlock:

Whoa, a 1:28.35 places you in the top 10 of the fastest lap times for Grattan Race Track at number 9 on the list! Source info from: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/grattan-raceway

You displaced a Shelby GT500 Mustang for 9th place making you the fastest Mustang on track! Congratulations as this is a great accomplishment!

Your camera mount position was excellent as it gives the viewer a unique sense of being on board with you and what it takes to drive a fast car on the edge.

Thank you for sharing, and I too look forward to reading about your Mustang GT 5.0 set up specs and mods. Please start a thread on your Mustang build.

All the best, and good luck on track in 2016,
302 Hi Pro

Well during the race at Watkins Glen we ran a 2:14:24 On Street 200 Tread-wear Direzza tires.
Probably could have went faster but wasnt pushing it because it was an endurance race.

302 Hi Pro said:
SmallBlock:

Whoa, a 1:28.35 places you in the top 10 of the fastest lap times for Grattan Race Track at number 9 on the list! Source info from: http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/grattan-raceway

You displaced a Shelby GT500 Mustang for 9th place making you the fastest Mustang on track! Congratulations as this is a great accomplishment!

Your camera mount position was excellent as it gives the viewer a unique sense of being on board with you and what it takes to drive a fast car on the edge.

Thank you for sharing, and I too look forward to reading about your Mustang GT 5.0 set up specs and mods. Please start a thread on your Mustang build.

All the best, and good luck on track in 2016,
302 Hi Pro

Flyboygsxr said:
Sweet video and great driving. Please tell us more about your setup and about your background with the car.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I can't believe I just now found this forum, glad to be here! Here's the rundown of the car:

2011 Mustang GT. I've owned it for two years now. I absolutely love it! I run HPDE events often with 3 Balls Racing.

Drivetrain:
Stock Intake
Stock calibration
Stock engine
Heartthrob muffler delete axle back
Exedy Stage 3 clutch
Stock 3:55 limited slip axle
Boss 302 oil cooler
Mishimoto radiator

Suspension:
Eibach Pro Kit springs
Koni adjustable shocks/struts
Maximum Motorsports camber plates
Boss 302 lower control arms, relocation brackets
J&M adjustable panhard bar
Stock swaybars

Brakes:
Brembo track package
Pads F: Carbotech XP16 R:Street type Ceramic
Blowfish racing brake ducts
18x10 SVE Drifts
285/35R18 Hankook R-S3 tires

Future plans:
Continental slicks
Mishimoto oil cooler
Boss 302 trans scoop
T2R Differential
Differential cooler
Boss 302 diff cover
GT500 rear brakes

Set-up:
-2.7 degrees camber
Gopro Camera
Lapel mic
Harry's lap timer

Problem areas:
Rear axle seals
limited slip
rear tire shoulder wear

That's all I can think of right now

image_3.jpg

New PB at Sebring last week,

Managed a 2:33.04

AED Tuned Alluminator 5.0, Tokico D-spec/Steeda Comp Springs, BFG R1 scrubs, Cortex Watts Link

I really like everything about the boss, so not thinking about changing. But I am curious on how much quicker the gt350 is on track lap times versus the boss. Would like to read a few comparisons from former or current boss owners who have tracked both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors