The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My Boss has shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My car is at the end of the line. It's waiting for a ride from the Twin Cities. Sure wish I could just drive up there and get it, but they're trying to see if they can get it on a load and delivered this weekend. You were right Jim, that was my car :D

cloud9 said:
My car is at the end of the line. It's waiting for a ride from the Twin Cities. Sure wish I could just drive up there and get it, but they're trying to see if they can get it on a load and delivered this weekend. You were right Jim, that was my car :D
Cool, it won't be long now.

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Cool, it won't be long now.
Yea, it's funny. Getting the GT500 out has taken a bit of the edge off. I'm just slightly more patient right now :p If it makes it this weekend, great, but if not, I'm planning on getting the wife's Mustang out of storage and powerwashing the garage floors so we're in full summer mode when it gets here next week.

cloud9 said:
Yea, it's funny. Getting the GT500 out has taken a bit of the edge off. I'm just slightly more patient right now :p If it makes it this weekend, great, but if not, I'm planning on getting the wife's Mustang out of storage and powerwashing the garage floors so we're in full summer mode when it gets here next week.
Wow a three Mustang family, impressive! What Mustang is your wife driving?

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I thought about being a 2 Mustang family but I couldn't afford it and keep my MINI as my DD. And on a DD basis, my MINI JCW is just as fun, if not more so than my old Mustang. Not to mention cheaper to operate.

Yep...I have a wicked '07 V6 Premium with a ton of mods - performance white with black accents and red leather interior. 0-60 in 5.9 but still get close to 30 MPG highway. Not to mention cheap to insure. But I have to sell that and my HD softail to pick up my Boss. Sure wish I could keep it though....

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
She drives the Poonstang :D It's a Warriors in Pink version Ford came out with in '08. She decided it was missing something and had the over the top stripes painted on to match the Shelby. Once they painted those, the vinyl rocker stripes left a bit to be desired so she had those painted as well. She also thought she needed a hood scoop. When we were ordering it, I asked her several times if she wouldn't rather have a GT and she said she didn't need the hp, just the vert. After she got it, I was online and ordering a CAI and tune from Lethal Performance LOL. She was used to driving V-8 sedans and SUVs.

Attachments

• 101_0091.jpg
    101_0091.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 236
  • 101_0093.jpg
    101_0093.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 101_0094.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 101_0095.jpg
    101_0095.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 203
Hey...that's a great wife car. Clearly she has taste to be driving one. Who wouldn't want their honey in a girl stang or any stang for that matter. Mine is more the Escape type with the winter weather here - and that is what she drives. She's very practical and can't understand buying a car you can't really drive in the winter. But she does like riding in it. My daughter has a '96 V6 she's been tooling around in for several years now - even in winter. Gotta give her credit for braving the storms in it!

Well it's not her winter car ;D She'll be putting the Explorer away when the Mustang comes out. No doubt your daughter's brave getting through these Midwestern winters in a Mustang. That's great!

GA
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
She drives the Poonstang :D It's a Warriors in Pink version Ford came out with in '08. She decided it was missing something and had the over the top stripes painted on to match the Shelby. Once they painted those, the vinyl rocker stripes left a bit to be desired so she had those painted as well. She also thought she needed a hood scoop. When we were ordering it, I asked her several times if she wouldn't rather have a GT and she said she didn't need the hp, just the vert. After she got it, I was online and ordering a CAI and tune from Lethal Performance LOL. She was used to driving V-8 sedans and SUVs.

My Bullitt's stable mate is one of those. All stock though. It is actually the first WIP convertible off the assembly line.

PJWANNABE said:
cloud9 said:
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:

My Bullitt's stable mate is one of those. All stock though. It is actually the first WIP convertible off the assembly line.
Nice ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Just stopped out at the dealer. My trans scoop is here but not my Boss lol. Looks like it will be Monday when it gets put on a truck and he's hoping it will be here Wednesday. He put the trans scoop on his 5.0 and said it does stick down a little bit lower than the k-member, but it's located right behind the front wheels so shouldn't have to worry about catching it on speed bumps.

TMO Supporting Vendors