The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Need more negative camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
CA
Reviving an old thread..
I recently moved and didn’t have much time to do much with Mustang until about a month ago..ended up making the switch to vorshlag cc plates and cutting open my strut tower and somehow now I’m only ending up with 2.1-2.2 negative camber, I have no idea how that happened. Not sure where I’m losing it though. Plates are maxed and my coil over struts don’t have any slop in the mounting holes, but I still tried to squeeze out whatever I could from there.
I’m really debating going the route @carver went and drilling new mounting holes at the strut tower. But I’d rather fix the issue at the source, any ideas on what could be binding up?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Atlanta, GA
I'm also facing a similar issue where I'm maxing out on camber plates but only getting -1.5....
Although I'm on BC Coilovers with its camber plate
Top camber bolt has wiggle room for more but it's unfortunately limited by tire clearance.

Frustrated, I went ahead and recently ordered the SPL catalog (LCA, Tension Rod, Bumpsteer) to add camber from the bottom portion of the suspension.

Not sure if I should've rather swapped out for a track-oriented coilover instead...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel