The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Post your personalized Boss license plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
What about something like BSS3OH2 or anything with 3OH2? We do it with the 5OH all the time so why not with the Boss?

2012Boss said:
New plate came in today,

th_717831950_CIMG1230_122_20lo.jpg
Nice. For me I HAD to have the word BOSS on the plate. I received notification today that my plate is in. SPDBOSS Now if my car would get built. ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
2012Boss said:
New plate came in today,

th_717831950_CIMG1230_122_20lo.jpg

I see the car to the right of the Boss. Looks like he's got an older friend in there. I want to say it's a Camaro but we all know you wouldn't do that do that beautiful Boss.

Speaking of the Boss, like the slats on the rear as well as the pedestal spoiler instead of the stock spoiler.

ufnavy06 said:
I see the car to the right of the Boss. Looks like he's got an older friend in there. I want to say it's a Camaro but we all know you wouldn't do that do that beautiful Boss.

Speaking of the Boss, like the slats on the rear as well as the pedestal spoiler instead of the stock spoiler.

What is a Camaro? lol

Just got her back from the paint shop, I had the roof done yellow, the deck lid and spoiler were painted flat black. Thanks for the comment.

th_809602816_CIMG1183_122_580lo.jpgth_809605137_CIMG1186_122_391lo.jpgth_809609812_CIMG1189_122_18lo.jpg
th_809614504_CIMG1197_122_480lo.jpgth_480961988_CIMG1198_122_449lo.jpgth_480962476_CIMG1199_122_3lo.jpg
th_809628541_CIMG1201_122_363lo.jpg

GA
Looks very cool! I was toying with the idea of getting a Yellow Blaze GT and getting a heat extractor hood painted satin black the roof and trunk lid painted satin black, and having satin black 1970 Boss side stripes painted on. I hate decal stripes- they have a limited life and it is a pain to wax around them. I am not sure if a Boss is going to be in my future (not a new one at least). I will probably have to wait for a rich guy to get tired of one or someone down on their luck to have to sell one.

PJWANNABE said:
Looks very cool! I was toying with the idea of getting a Yellow Blaze GT and getting a heat extractor hood painted satin black the roof and trunk lid painted satin black, and having satin black 1970 Boss side stripes painted on. I hate decal stripes- they have a limited life and it is a pain to wax around them. I am not sure if a Boss is going to be in my future (not a new one at least). I will probably have to wait for a rich guy to get tired of one or someone down on their luck to have to sell one.

Well don't wait around for me - A - I'm not rich ;D and - B - more importantly - I doubt I will sell it for a long time :D I really love the 70 style stripes (if done correctly) and thought when I ordered this I would get a 13 when they came out. Now since I was lucky enough to get #6 I don't want to get rid of it, yea it ain't number one but being in the top ten means a lot to me.

The stripes on the car look like they will last, they are painted and cleared also so you can wax them. I have not done my hood yet, I still may and if I do a matte stripe will almost certainly not last as long as these factory ones and you can not wax them. I am still on the fence about this.

GA
2012Boss said:
PJWANNABE said:

Well don't wait around for me - A - I'm not rich ;D and - B - more importantly - I doubt I will sell it for a long time :D I really love the 70 style stripes (if done correctly) and thought when I ordered this I would get a 13 when they came out. Now since I was lucky enough to get #6 I don't want to get rid of it, yea it ain't number one but being in the top ten means a lot to me.

The stripes on the car look like they will last, they are painted and cleared also so you can wax them. I have not done my hood yet, I still may and if I do a matte stripe will almost certainly not last as long as these factory ones and you can not wax them. I am still on the fence about this.

Hopefully you won't have to sell because you are down on your luck either. ;)

I'm glad to hear the stripes look durable. I think I would be happiest with a 2013 in Grabber Green.

I got confirmation last week, looks like I will be proudly sporting 1TRKMND in Iowa! Funny story actually.... I had called down to the DMV about a month ago and 1TRKMND was unavailable. With that in mind I had decided to go with 1TRCMND. I get down to the DMV last week and got to talking to the gals in the plate department about what I was buying etc etc. They agreed it was unfortunate that I couldn't get 1TRKMND. I ask "hey can you check one more time for me". The woman behind the counter looked up at me with a big smile and said, "the current owner of these plates are behind on their registration, do YOU want it?" Though I I feel for the guy that lost 1TRKMND, I looked back and quickly said "YES"! Couldn't be happier!

The email was sent immediately! I know it's an honest mistake. Heck I "approved" the business cards for my former manager/boss and his last name was spelled wrong... You just gotta suck it up and get the customer the right thing as fast as you can. That's pretty much how we operated at the machine shop. Lesson from the wise. It's OK, certainly not preferable, but OK to be late as long as the part is right. If the part isn't right... it doesn't matter when it gets there.

Sigh... :(

I just got the replacement frame. Spelled right, painted wrong. The paint (was hoping it would be anodized for the price...) just falls off when I drag my fingernail across it. I'm going to give him one last chance before I name names.

Do you have a serial # yet Rick?

Andy

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel