The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The GT350R

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce, having seen the R wing in person what are your thoughts on it?

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
You guys know my car is going to be white with stripe delete. Then correct size Guardsman Blue over the top stripes are going on and GT 350 rocker stripes as well. #121 on the doors. And it will be a real one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not an R though too much dough.
Steve

TMSBOSS said:
I can't believe I am saying this but.....here goes.

I'll take the plain white with Blue stripes......I said it. No blue paint for me.. ;D

Am I cured???
I originally wanted orange with black stripes, but now I'm thinking white with blue like you...I've always wanted the Orange but the white with blue is classic and not loud and "look at me" but I don't know...:-(

steveespo said:
You guys know my car is going to be white with stripe delete. Then correct size Guardsman Blue over the top stripes are going on and GT 350 rocker stripes as well. #121 on the doors. And it will be a real one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not an R though too much dough.
Steve
Are you going to do the same as the "Boss" you built? 8) i.e. take a white GT and make it a GT350? I'm guessing with the right bolt-ons you could get the same hp as the 5.2.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cloud9 said:
Are you going to do the same as the "Boss" you built? 8) i.e. take a white GT and make it a GT350? I'm guessing with the right bolt-ons you could get the same hp as the 5.2.

I bet he *needs* the flat plane crank like the rest of us! 8)

NFSBOSS said:
Bruce, having seen the R wing in person what are your thoughts on it?
Well, being a former 2000 Cobra R owner I like the wing, and the white looked good but the blue is awesome. If I get one need to see what goes around here, hmmmmm. :)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
cloud9 said:
No sir, going "real" this time. Too much expensive stuff to swap to make a true "replica" like my Baus is. Cheaper to buy a GT350 than to build one. Have to see if engine specs are the same between the 'R' and the standard 350. If they are I am going with standard because in the end you know we will be changing suspension and adding exhaust and a cage etc. so no sense spending that mod money on parts that will be removed and stored anyway. Might still wait to see what they do for the race prepped version(s), depending on price that might be a good buy.
Steve

Steve, I think I was reading an article or watching a video that mentioned the engines are going to be the same, with the exception of a different exhaust (no resonators). But you should confirm that :p

cobrakidz said:
Has Ford given any idea on a price??

Nope. Jamal said "you will be suprised" about the price on the gt350. And I believe another ford guy said something like "the R won't be any more expensive over the regular than the 350 is over a "well optioned GT'"

A lot of mags are saying starting prices 50-53 for 350 and 65-70 for R and I think that's a good bet

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel